AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hi Taruga, I'm searching for Intel HDA driver the Device ID is 0x104D902D and the Audio ID is 12.

I only need the Stereo-out and a Mic-in no SPDIF OUT/IN or something like that.

I'm using kalyway 10.5.4 with kabyl kernel (9.2.2) runing @ 64 bits on a Sony Vaio VGN-NR430E notebook.

I'll appreciate if you can helpme with this.

Thanks a lot!

sound is not working for me

''

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

Codec : IDT 92HD75B2X5

Vendor Id : 0x111d7608

Subsystem Id : 0x103c361a

* Detected unsupported IDT Codec

''

I have a Xonar DX, which uses the CMI8788 chip.

This sound card works under ALSA, is it possible to use this patcher to create a driver? I'm sure I read somewhere that CMI based cards do not work with this method?

I'm having trouble with my ALC883 HD Audio. Here's the specs:

Acer Aspire 3680-2022

iATKOS v5i install (using vanilla kernel - Updated to 10.5.6)

ALC883 (00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02))

Codec: Realtek ALC883

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0883

Subsystem Id: 0x10250000

(Complete codec dump attached)

I have sound through the internal speakers with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, but no sound through headphones, and no inputs. In installed the AppleHDA.kext+ACLinject.kext. I patched the AppleHDA.kext with AppleHDA Patcher and a codec dump from Ubuntu Linux (and yes, the sound was working in Linux). In the sound preference pane, everything shows up as it should on both inputs and outputs, but there's no sound output from either speakers or headphones.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

codec_dump.txt

Acer Aspire 3680-2022

ALC883 (00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02))

I have sound through the internal speakers with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, but no sound through headphones, and no inputs. In installed the AppleHDA.kext+ACLinject.kext. I patched the AppleHDA.kext with AppleHDA Patcher and a codec dump from Ubuntu Linux (and yes, the sound was working in Linux). In the sound preference pane, everything shows up as it should on both inputs and outputs, but there's no sound output from either speakers or headphones.

Erase Appleazalia or AppleHDA won't work.

You did drag and drop the codec dump onto the turtle icon?

Acer Aspire 3680-2022

The same here, but for me it's so:

- with Azalia the internal speakers have sound and

- with HDA Patcher only the Mic and headphones output have sound.

So: is there a fix finally for ALC883 Users? Every ALC883 Laptop-User would be really really lucky (also me! :))

There should be a .pkg with HDA and Azalia merged.

Can anybody help?

Hello im having problems here with my sigmatel 9220.

I got audio but it is coming out of the blue jack and not green jack and i got really low audio levels and that is killing me because is like having no audio at all. :(

So..i figured this out

I think there is a problem with Sigmatel 9220 or 9221 -D from Ubuntu because they have no auido mixer on them and too few nodes. The audio goes from Pin Complex to Output directly and that ain't right..

Is anyone know a way to change audio jacks from blue to green or...at least knows how to power up the audio without using an amplifier i will really thank you

PD: There is really a lot of people out there with this problem...i think that using a Linux Mandriva Audio will help but i dont have a copy or the fastest internet to get it. Please help me out here.

LordSidious

Im attaching the codec dumps from Ubuntu so u can see what i mean

codec_Sigma9220.txt

sigmatel_9221__D.txt

Hi Guys,

I posted back in late Jan this year but didn't get any replies. I even emailed the Guru. But no replies anybody have an answer for the below post. Thanks

Any one had any success with the on-board sound on Asus P5Q (Deluxe) motherboard. I can get Stereo sound but nothing else. Its 8 channel on-board sound

I have had a search on the forums for this ALC 1989B (ADI AD2000B?) but no hits as yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attached File(s) txt.gif codec_dump.txt ( 13.1K ) Number of downloads: 34

Erase Appleazalia or AppleHDA won't work.

You did drag and drop the codec dump onto the turtle icon?

When I tried the AppleHDA and the HDA Patcher, I had removed the AppleAzalea.kext. And yes, I dragged and dropped the codec dump onto the turtle icon. Everything showed up correctly in the sound prefpane (internal speakers, headphones, etc), but there was no sound from anything. Not the internal speakers, not the headphones, nothing. So I removed the AppleHDA.kext and restored the AppleAzalea.kext (and all the other steps one should take when doing such things) and went back to using AppleAzalea, so I at least had sound from the internal speakers.

It's not absolutely dire that I have use of the headphones, but it would actually be nice to be able to get it to work.

Can someone give me a link for mz motherboard sound driver (P5B P956) wich i belive has the sound card driver AD1988 or'and AD1988DTS

Tnx in advance ;)

I'm having a Sigmatel 9200 in my Dell Inspiron 9400.

I have line-out, but when I put my external speakers on my notebook the internal speakers also work.

Is there any way to mute the internal speakers when I put my external speakers on my line-out?

Working with 10.5.6

Thanks so far.

I have a lenovo 3000 Y410 I cant get the audio to work

Realtek High Definition Audio Properties *

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&GF&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17AA3837&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17AA3837&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17AA3837

* High Definition Audio Controller *

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_384E17AA&REV_03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_384E17AA

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&CC_040300

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&CC_0403

As you can see, the Realtek High Definition Audio Properties list this:

* DEV = 0262

* VEN = 10EC

* SUBSYS = 17AA3837

...and the High Definition Audio Controller lists this:

* DEV = 284B

* VEN = 8086

* SUBSYS = 384E17AA

...but in the Apple System Profiler it lists this:

Device ID: 0x17AA384E

can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm trying OS X v10.5.7

In order to hear sound I decided to try and use AppleHDAPatcher v1.20.

My Sound Card is an onboard ALC883_HDA one.

I used Ubuntu, to create a dump file and then rebooted back to OS X.

After executing AppleHDAPatcherv1.20 a windows opened and said: "Please drag and drop your linux codec dump into the applHDA Patchen icon". I then draged the dump file from "finder" window to the Patcher icon, on the "Dock" bar at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately, there was no feedback, good or bad, so I new that I did the correct thing.

OK, Found the problem.

I had to drag the dump file on the "AppleHDAPatcher" in "Finder" and not on the Dock, dahhh... :wacko:

Sound is working properly now after modifying the "output" tab from headphone to "Line Out"

Thanks allot.

Thanks

This is really unnerving...WHERE DO WE DRAG THE CODE...i cant seem to find it out at all..the code goes back in the text editor if i drag it to the dock icon, i ant seem to find it in the finder window..THEN WHERE THE HEL DO I DRAG IT????

PLZ PLZ help me man....

This is really unnerving...WHERE DO WE DRAG THE CODE...i cant seem to find it out at all..the code goes back in the text editor if i drag it to the dock icon, i ant seem to find it in the finder window..THEN WHERE THE HEL DO I DRAG IT????

PLZ PLZ help me man....

Do not drag 'the code' anywhere. Drag the file onto the AppleHDA patchter.

My Realtek ALC883 is working great with S/PDIF out, but unfortunately only one line-out is supported (front). Is there anything I can do to fix this or to help Taruga come up with a fix? Any help would be dearly appreciated.

This is my codec dump from Linux: http://stuwww.uvt.nl/~s178024/mac/alc883-p5k.txt

I'm using HDAEnabler. This is what System profiler tells me:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1043829F

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...