AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hi there. Thanks for you efforts! I have your Patcher 1.20 and ADI 1988b dump. The patcher says it needs more research... :lol:

Can I be of any help about it? I'm not an experienced coder under BSD, but if the thing is not really about programming - I'm with you.

Hey buddy,

I found an interesting issue with your latest patcher for alc268.

It works great, but if you apply the gmax3100 kext specially the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext the sound stops working.

These kexts when removed give fully functional sound.

Also when returning from sleep sound is lost.

I have verified that there is sound when the laptop is turning (judging by the white noise made) however people with that kext (GMA) mentioned above must press Power button then S button for their screen to function. SO if users use your patcher sound will function but if they want full graphics IE changable resolution they must use the GMA kexts and when they use that the sound will not function but video will.

I wonder if it i related to your patch or it is a problem with the GMA kexts, either way I will be more than happy to get into more detail with you.

Let me know HooKed

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is some progress with the Conexant drivers?

I´ve installed iAtkos and the built-in audio was working fine, but the mic and headphone aren´t. So i´ve installed a pack called Conexant Audio HD and after that nothing works anymore...

Tks in advance

Hi,

sorry I'm new in Mac(Hack)Intosh :/

I have an Abit AW9D Max but no sound...

Tried to install the ALC 862 Driver and some others but without success. Can someone help me?

Mac Version: 10.5.1 from Kalyway

my sound device is conexant. like in http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/Con.../0x14f15045.txt

i try to to get dump codec with PCLINUXOS that headphone work and i paste on the icon and only get

detected unsupported COnexant Codec how to fix it??i want to make the headphone work. now i using azalia out in the installer, also tell me how to remove the azalia

check this dump

http://diktus.000webhost.com/dump_codec.txt

i can not send you a message so i post on here i hope you read it

my sound device is conexant. like in http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/Con.../0x14f15045.txt

i try to to get dump codec with PCLINUXOS that headphone work and i paste on the icon and only get

detected unsupported COnexant Codec how to fix it??i want to make the headphone work. now i using azalia out in the installer, also tell me how to remove the azalia

check this dump

http://diktus.000webhost.com/dump_codec.txt

i can not send you a message so i post on here i hope you read it

I tried it now, and appeared Detected Unsuported Conexant Codec too... =/

Will ALC262 ever be released? How hard is it to make???

I am thankful for all the work that has been done, but it seems that the forums are dead, and nothing is being released. ;):P:(

Edited by Taruga
If nothing is released, it´s because it´s being worked on. I can´t satisfy everybody individual needs at the same time. Be patient

Finally sat down and was looking into the inconsistency of HDApatcher on Dell XPS 420s and noticed this in console:

21/03/08 3:44:49 PM AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'. 
21/03/08 3:44:53 PM authexec[398] executing /bin/sh 
21/03/08 3:44:53 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] TERM environment variable not set. 
21/03/08 3:44:53 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] /tmp/pltpsTmpSecureScptFile: line 308: cont:: command not found 
21/03/08 3:44:53 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] TERM environment variable not set. 
21/03/08 3:44:58 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] Reading from  /Users/scott/Desktop/AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app/Contents/Resources/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA... 
21/03/08 3:44:58 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] Reading from  /Users/scott/Desktop/AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app/Contents/Resources/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA... 
21/03/08 3:44:59 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] /tmp/pltpsTmpSecureScptFile: line 998: -n: command not found 
21/03/08 3:44:59 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] /tmp/pltpsTmpSecureScptFile: line 1011: [: =: unary operator expected 
21/03/08 3:44:59 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] /tmp/pltpsTmpSecureScptFile: line 1017: [: =: unary operator expected 
21/03/08 3:44:59 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] rm: /tmp/xml_header.tmp: No such file or directory 
21/03/08 3:44:59 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] rm: /tmp/xml_header2.tmp: No such file or directory 
21/03/08 3:44:59 PM [0x0-0x22022].org.taruga.AppleHDAPatcherv1.20[396] /tmp/pltpsTmpSecureScptFile: line 2556: [: missing `]' 
21/03/08 3:45:05 PM kernel Resetting IOCatalogue. 
21/03/08 3:45:05 PM kextd[10] 0 cached, 426 uncached personalities to catalog 
21/03/08 3:45:07 PM kernel ALCinject: Starting. 
21/03/08 3:45:07 PM kernel ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown> 
21/03/08 3:45:07 PM kernel ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown> 
21/03/08 3:45:13 PM kernel Resetting IOCatalogue.

Could there be an issue in one of your scripts Luis?

I've got the dump for the ALC882, but I don't understand the part in AppleHDA where it says:

Please drag and drop your linux codec dump into the AppleHDA Patcher icon

I don't know where to drag it, could someone please explain it to me??

sorry for my noobisch question....

O lol...i tried doing the same thing the first time i tried doing this.

Anyone have any idea whats causing my laptop not to produce sound out of my internal speakers unless I use a Azalia driver? I posted a link to my full question 3 posts before this

EDIT: 4 posts before this lol. 3 post before this is your question kingsice lol.

hello

i have ubuntu.7.10.desktop-i386.live cd. how i get linux codec dumb .

anyway i have alc850 .any anybody have it ?

Hello.

For alc850 - search forum ;-)

For codec dump -

start OS from CD, start terminal:

cd /proc/asound/card0

in this directory find file with codec dump ( you can veiw files with vi -> vi filename, for exit -> :q<enter> )

when file founded - copy this file to flash or win disk.

that's all.

Hi.

Search don not work on the thread or topic.

I have Asus P5K-E WIFI/AP Mobo wich has an audio ADI AD1988B.

I have only stero, no in or digit out, 5,1 out or 7,1 out. Can any one help me?

You didn't search effectively. The ADI problem is well known. We have to wait until AppleHDA Patcher 2.00 is released. Yet we only have stereo out and nothing else on ours AD1988/AD1988B's.

Guys, I´ll be moving here

I need more than a forum to keep things organized so I can make a better work

Those of you that modified some of my files to improve them to help others and wanna help, you can contact me and I´ll create whatever I can so we can have at the same place as much audio info and organization that we need to support past/present and future sound hardware.

The audio in osx it´s a very complex issue, it can have several versions of setups even for the same codec model. I just want place to discuss, work and improve audio support with easy access to info, etc

Since it´s a new home, it´s lacking info. It will grow with the help and contributions of you all.

There is a forum, file repository, dumps repository, Problem reporting, etc and with your suggestions we can make this work much better.

So, what do you think ?

ps. I wish to thank Insanely Mac crew for all they´ve done.

i'll register also ,whatever you need me to test in p5k premium ADI1998B tell me

as i saw the table you created is correct...it's not working (inputs,digital output) :stretcher:

Edited by Taruga
The table is created by the users. V2.0 is not yet released, the entries you see there regarding v2.0 are mine :P