WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

Sucess !   :thumbsup_anim:

Boot with PEG as primary and works fine , thanks to Vandroly2012.

Radeon pro 460 inside.

( booted on my dev macOs 10.13 partition now will try on my APFS SSD )

Well. You don't need neither Arbitrary with fakeID nor FBName. They are useless in your case!!! Especially this weird DeviceID you wrote in array :hysterical:  

post-1069282-0-14641400-1502490091_thumb.png

And about named framebuffer - read the FAQ carefully!!!

post-1069282-0-24415800-1502490345_thumb.png

Well. You don't need neither Arbitrary with fakeID nor FBName. They are useless in your case!!! Especially this weird DeviceID you wrote in array :hysterical:  

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-08-12 в 01.29.31.png

And about named framebuffer - read the FAQ carefully!!!

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-08-12 в 01.37.42.png

Would you explain me more ?

The data device id is wrong i reboot on my SSD before i replaced device id data wjth EF670000 and you sugest to not inject Acre FB name ?

But in fact all works fine : HDMI,  DVI and DP.

As well i'm happy : the reason i buy Radeon 460 was the the Amd support on High Sierra : with help of coders ( thanks ) we may be able to have Radeon full experience. :)

And we can tell that with Ryzen developpement Amd will be a very good value to build complete hacks buids : my future build ! ( Christmas is not so far )

Would you explain me more ?

The data device id is wrong i reboot on my SSD before i replaced device id data wjth EF670000 and you sugest to not inject Acre FB name ?

But in fact all works fine : HDMI,  DVI and DP.

As well i'm happy : the reason i buy Radeon 460 was the the Amd support on High Sierra : with help of coders ( thanks ) we may be able to have Radeon full experience. :)

And we can tell that with Ryzen developpement Amd will be a very good value to build complete hacks buids : my future build ! ( Christmas is not so far )

Your DeviceID is natively supported even in Sierra. So you don't need FakeID in Arbitrary array. Just delete Arbitrary from config.plist and card will work as it should. About named framebuffer (Acre etc) - read my previous post!!! Using named framebuffer you surely broke ALL autodetect made by WhateverGreen.kext!!! 

Guys, really! Just read the FAQ attentively. For whom was it written? Read twice, thrice, even ten times! It's not so difficult to understand what is written there!!! 

Autodetect works ONLY for ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer. 

Anyone here with older , non UEFI MB and non IGPU using WhateverGreen.kext?

I read FAQ and there was told UEFI is a must. Was meaning UEFI MB or UEFI grafic card?

Last but not least - i run chameleon 10.11 and 10.12 - (working Nvidia GPU, want switch to an AMD gpu) - can WhateverGreen.kext used with chameleon bootloader or does it need CLOVER (in this time most people use)?

THANKS from EP-35 MB (non UEFI)  Quad Core CPU (non IGPU) user who will buy an R7 260X gpu.

Yes. I can confirm working HDMI audio on R9 290X

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you provide Clover's config.plist and the versions of Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext as well as version of OS X (eg. 10.11.x or 10.12.x, etc) in which worked ?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you provide Clover's config.plist and the versions of Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext as well as version of OS X (eg. 10.11.x or 10.12.x, etc) in which worked ?

macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13. 

Latest Lilu.kext

Latest WhateverGreen.kext

Build from latest sources AppleALC.kext!!!

Or if you don't know how to build AppleALC here is prebuild binary AppleALC.kext.zip

Lilu and all it's plugins MUST be in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and InjectKexts=YES in config.plist are mandatory!!!!

post-1069282-0-32687200-1502546081_thumb.png

• Like 3

macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13. 

Latest Lilu.kext

Or if you don't know how to build AppleALC here is prebuild binary attachicon.gifAppleALC.kext.zip

Lilu and all it's plugins MUST be in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and InjectKexts=YES in config.plist are mandatory!!!!

Thanks for the great job that you are doing with the support of the Whatevergreen.kext :)

macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13. 

Latest Lilu.kext

Or if you don't know how to build AppleALC here is prebuild binary attachicon.gifAppleALC.kext.zip

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-08-12 в 17.06.17.png

Thanks for your prompt and kind help.

Now HDMI audio from R9 290X working in my Intel i7 920 (MB: ASUS P6TSE) hackintosh for the first time  at 10.12.5, 10.12.6 & 10.13 beta5 (17A330h) !

[Edit]

It's also working at 10.12.5 in P6TSE hackintosh.

post-70188-0-30701400-1502596497_thumb.png

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

It depends, I have  Ryzen 7 1700 running dual RX 480s in Sierra 12.5 however when I update to Sierra 12,6 it boots to black screen.    So the lilukext and WhateverGreenkext combo works on my AMD combo, just not in latest Sierra version.   If I boot with a helper card in 12.6 it works and I get the Radeon Pro 480/575 in about this Mac.   So they are working somewhat in 12.6 just not fully. 

At 10.12.5 did you get KP due to WhateverGreen.kext ?

In FX-6300 hackintosh I had this issue as reported by someone else here (Post# 41).

At 10.12.5 did you get KP due to WhateverGreen.kext ?

In FX-6300 hackintosh I had this issue as reported by someone else here (Post# 41).

No, it works great, sleep wake works great as well.

I copied the 9510controller and 4100kexr form 12.5 to 12.6 and I'm able to use Sierra 12.6.

• Like 1

No, it works great, sleep wake works great as well.

I copied the 9510controller and 4100kexr form 12.5 to 12.6 and I'm able to use Sierra 12.6.

Thanks and can you tell me which version of Clover EFI, boot , and Bronya's kernel working in your Ryzen hackintosh ?

Can you enable its internal audio and HDMI audio at the same time at 10.12.5 ?

[Edit]

In my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh if booted by Clover 4101 with Lilu, AppleALC, & WhateverGreen.kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Others AMD 7950 card will show as AMD Radeon HD 8950 instead of AMD Radeon HD 7xxx.

It also prevent from blank screen wake-up from sleep at 10.12.5 & 10.12.6 which was an old issue bothered me a lot.

Thanks for these great WhateverGreen.kext & Lilu.kext again !

post-70188-0-33308100-1503196765_thumb.png

Hey there. Looking forward to trying WhateverGreen soon with amd rx550 on 12.6. Reading the FAQ it says that for multi monitor it sometimes needs to set with connctor_priority function in DSDT here

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/f43f39c01a0243df38e17d6ad563787ba549ff0a/Manual/Sample.dsl#L80-L90

Which is fine, just wondering if it might also be possible and alternative way in clover too, in the future. As it helps to make faster testing / cycling of the different options when the user doesn't yet know which is needed. Anyhow no biggie! And many thanks for this great plugin.

Hey there. Looking forward to trying WhateverGreen soon with amd rx550 on 12.6. Reading the FAQ it says that for multi monitor it sometimes needs to set with connctor_priority function in DSDT here

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/f43f39c01a0243df38e17d6ad563787ba549ff0a/Manual/Sample.dsl#L80-L90

Which is fine, just wondering if it might also be possible and alternative way in clover too, in the future. As it helps to make faster testing / cycling of the different options when the user doesn't yet know which is needed. Anyhow no biggie! And many thanks for this great plugin.

RX series don't need anything like connector-priority or something else. Usually they work OOB with WhateverGreen.

And yes, you have possibility to place all SSDT variables in config.plist in Arbitrary array 

• Like 2

RX series don't need anything like connector-priority or something else. Usually they work OOB with WhateverGreen.

And yes, you have possibility to place all SSDT variables in config.plist in Arbitrary array 

​Cool! Thanks for your response here vandroiy its well clarified. I'm grateful to know this.

http://www.insanelym...read/?p=2478758

MY RX 560 NOW HAS ACCELERATION!

Modified kext:

• /S/L/E/AMD9510Controller.kext//Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67EF1002</string>

to:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67FF1002</string>

Updating clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4152 and using the config.plist here https://pastebin.com/TYiTEVcMwith busratio=36 and npci=0x3000

WHAT CAN WE THROW AT THIS THING TO STRESS IT?

Just tried on 12.6 with rx550, and it only outputs on the DisplayPort, not on HDMI or DVI... so multi monitor is not working out of box. It would also be nice to control the fan and turn it off (for idle). Comparing to windows 10, the DVI + HDMI output both work ok, and the fan stops entirely.

you have possibility to place all SSDT variables in config.plist in Arbitrary array 

Does exists an example of how to do this in clover configurator?

Ah nevermind yet. The log says my 1.15 lilu is too old. It needs the very latest. So I shall upgrade and try again. We shall see...