Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

oh !! 

gardez la 980 car elle est bien plus puissante qu'une RX 580 sur Windows ;) , je n'ai pas pour l'instant de carte mère à 2 PCIe mais mon ancienne carte mère S 2011 / i7 3930k avait 4 ports PCIe et j'avais associé ma HD 7950 actuel en PCIe 0 et une GTX 950 en PCIe 1 , tout fonctionnait bien  de concert, j'avais juste une petite baisse de fps OpenGL mais rien de dramatique , j'avais un moniteur par GPU , le démarrage était visible sur le moniteurs principal (HD 7950).
j'avais fait la même chose sur un FX 8350 et tout fonctionnait correctement également :)

it's mine  :thumbsup_anim:

Merci enormement PQ pour ta response hyper detaillee !!!

Bon, le francais est genial mais on va peut etre discuter en anglais pour faire profiter a tout le monde ^^

With Intel I get very good performance because of IGPU support and 16 PCIE Lanes, with Ryzen and helper card I only have 8 PCIe Lanes because of the GT210 using 8 lanes as a helper card. Ryzen is about 15-20 % performance drop compared to Intel for RX cards.

Thanks Gigamaxx for you answer. When I take a look at my motherboard description, it's 

AMD Ryzen™ Processors

2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) 

So, it means that card helper and rx xxx is well in DUAL x8 mode? And we could use x8 for the rx xxx card? It's said  :(

Vega! I can't wait for the $400-$700 vegas to come out

So may be with Vega, we don't need a helper card and could use full speed x16? Do I understand correctly?

May be I could use my old AMD HD7770 for now waiting for the Vega ^^

Thanks ^^

• Like 1

Merci enormement PQ pour ta response hyper detaillee !!!

Bon, le francais est genial mais on va peut etre discuter en anglais pour faire profiter a tout le monde ^^

Thanks Gigamaxx for you answer. When I take a look at my motherboard description, it's 

AMD Ryzen™ Processors

2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) 

So, it means that card helper and rx xxx is well in DUAL x8 mode? And we could use x8 for the rx xxx card? It's said  :(

So may be with Vega, we don't need a helper card and could use full speed x16? Do I understand correctly?

May be I could use my old AMD HD7770 for now waiting for the Vega ^^

Thanks ^^

wow.... i was forget this.. if we put two graphics cards it will be at 8x, this is not a solution for me .

ok, but works oob ?

Yes, in High Sierra the Vega works as primary display on i7 6800k and also a i7 6700k without IGPU. Apple will use Vega for the new Mac Pro model, the RX 460-580 or Polaris cards all have a CPU Intel with IGPU and the software uses the IGPU. The new Mac Pro will have a Xeon chip so no IGPU is possible.

This may explain why the older AMD cards like the HD 7xxx, 8xxx and R9 280, 270 cards work OOB because they were used in xeon apple models, while the Polaris cards all have IGPU models (MacBooks, iMacs).

wow.... i was forget this.. if we put two graphics cards it will be at 8x, this is not a solution for me .

8x lanes are whaat you get when using crossfire or SLI so you don't lose 50% performance, more like 5-15% versus a single card.

In Windows you cannot crossfire a Nvidia card with a AMD card so the 1070 in slot 0 is recognized and the RX is not.

In OSX both cards can be run or activated which allows us the helper card and here is where we get the 8x lanes.

I have not tested but you may get the full 16lanes in Windows with the Nvidia card.

• Like 1

Yes, in High Sierra the Vega works as primary display on i7 6800k and also a i7 6700k without IGPU. Apple will use Vega for the new Mac Pro model, the RX 460-580 or Polaris cards all have a CPU Intel with IGPU and the software uses the IGPU. The new Mac Pro will have a Xeon chip so no IGPU is possible.

This may explain why the older AMD cards like the HD 7xxx, 8xxx and R9 280, 270 cards work OOB because they were used in xeon apple models, while the Polaris cards all have IGPU models (MacBooks, iMacs).

8x lanes are whaat you get when using crossfire or SLI so you don't lose 50% performance, more like 5-15% versus a single card.

In Windows you cannot crossfire a Nvidia card with a AMD card so the 1070 in slot 0 is recognized and the RX is not.

In OSX both cards can be run or activated which allows us the helper card and here is where we get the 8x lanes.

I have not tested but you may get the full 16lanes in Windows with the Nvidia card.

I purchased an R9 280x which should be coming early next week. I will try to figure out if we lose any performance with having two cards on Windows / Mac. I will have a GTX 1070 helper card with the 280X as main on Mac, and the 1070 as main for games on windows.

..Although I will probably sell both and get Vega when it's released..

• Like 1

Hi Gigamaxx. I tried a few kext's for Ethernet and USB. The boot hangs at the same spot. 1) It stops at root. Whatever I type isn't echoed on screen. The boot accepts 4 keystrokes (i.e. I can't type mount -uw) and continues to load. 2) It freezes after a few lines. Please see attached screenshots. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please write your specs in your signature line. It will help for others to help you out if they have similar equipment.

Motherboard, CPU, graphics card(s) Ethernet, etc...

What Ethernet does your board have? You may need to find a kext to fix it. You can add it to Clover EFI folder in the Kexts 10.12 or other folder. It can also be added to System/Library/Extensions.

USB, what options do you have, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 (A, C)? You may need to add USBkexts or patches in clover for USB errors.

post-1973666-0-71226600-1500739569_thumb.jpg

post-1973666-0-75221100-1500739576_thumb.jpg

@Gigamaxx I tried to look for the post where you mention how to set up the helper card. I has able to get a gt210 and rx 460 for 100 US dollars I just need help setting it up :) I'm still 10.12.5 would you advise updating to 10.12.6??

I used the npci from Gigamaxx's tutorial and a busratio of 36. I explicitly set set CPU ratio to 36 in the BIOS.

Npci=3000 busratio=36 your pc 3600mhz ???

@Gigamaxx I tried to look for the post where you mention how to set up the helper card. I has able to get a gt210 and rx 460 for 100 US dollars I just need help setting it up :) I'm still 10.12.5 would you advise updating to 10.12.6??

Inject Nvidia, no other fixes in graphics settings. Clover should detect the RX correctly.

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if you encounter the problem of USB when in About this mac, systems reports on "USB""show "No information found" but when you plug USB in, it still recognised?
I ask because when my USB Bluetooth Orico plugin, it's not recognised, neither on USB nor Bluetooth (Orico is support OOB) => may be there is something wrong with USB?

https://prnt.sc/fyowqv

I search for all USB issue on Sierra but I think that Ryzen with Asus Prime x370pro is quite new

Please help !!! I really appreciate it icon_e_smile.gif

Inject Nvidia, no other fixes in graphics settings. Clover should detect the RX correctly.

Which slot does the gt210 go in the one closet to the CPU? Never mind got it to work but says amd r9 xxx 4098mb it's not showing correct graphics card I have a rx 460

Which slot does the gt210 go in the one closet to the CPU? Never mind got it to work but says amd r9 xxx 4098mb it's not showing correct graphics card I have a rx 460

The R9 xxx name is normal, if you inject Anti it will say RX 460 but it may cause problems with frame buffers and black screen.     Try it and if it doesn't work there is an iHex fix that is fairly simple to do to change the name to RX 460.     Once we get to High Sierra it is detected correctly without any ATI injection.

post-1753549-0-87333700-1500759644_thumb.png

The CPU is Ryzen 1800X. I **explicitly** set the CPU clock ratio to 36 (instead of leaving it on auto) in the BIOS. Therefore, that setting is in-line with the "busratio=36" flag in Clover's boot argument. Any idea on what to try next?

The CPU is Ryzen 1800X. I **explicitly** set the CPU clock ratio to 36 (instead of leaving it on auto) in the BIOS. Therefore, that setting is in-line with the "busratio=36" flag in Clover's boot argument. Any idea on what to try next?

What graphic settings you using

Does it matter? I don't mind it not displaying the correct info as long as it works

It's cosmetic, you can download iHex from AppStore it's free.

R9 xxx name fix directions.

*****Make sure to make a copy of the controller before edit in case it goes bad you can replace it.

Go to S/L/Extensions go to AMD9500Controllerkext "right click" select "show package contents" and then open macOS folder. Drag a copy of the driver to desktop. Open iHex then drag desktop copy of controller to iHex window. Go to top tool bar and select "edit" go to "find" scroll sideways to "find". The top of iHex window on the left corner select "text" mode. Type in R9 xxx (lower case xxx) into top window of tool bar. Then Type in RX 460 in second window. Go to top right side of window and select "next" hit it once only, text in window will appear yellow. Then hit the "replace" tab only once, the screen should blur for a second for the change. Don't hit it twice. Close iHex app and save changes. Drag the desktop copy to the macOS folder and follow authenticate and replace prompts. Run Kext wizzard before restart. This will work for RX 480 name fix as well.

Did you try inject ATI? It may work fine for you, if you get black screen then go back to edit mode or change the Framebuffer from Acre to Berbice or vice versa.

Try the native which injects Nvidia and add nv_disable=1 to boot arg. At clover screen you can use cursor arrows to navigate to options. Boot arg. Is at top and graphics settings options are down below. Try disabling inject Nvidia or unchecking it.

Like in the clover menu before you click on the pandora installer

https://youtu.be/qSDzGk18rjY

Don't use nvidia web it takes me a couple tries before it boots you can try injection nvidia and the very first option if everything else fails. The config.plist is for reference you have to switch up the setting to make it work with your system.

So try npci=0x3000 busratio=36

fake inject edid and inject nvidia

(My video say Ati yours should say inject nvidia)

It's cosmetic, you can download iHex from AppStore it's free.

R9 xxx name fix directions.

*****Make sure to make a copy of the controller before edit in case it goes bad you can replace it.

Go to S/L/Extensions go to AMD9500Controllerkext "right click" select "show package contents" and then open macOS folder. Drag a copy of the driver to desktop. Open iHex then drag desktop copy of controller to iHex window. Go to top tool bar and select "edit" go to "find" scroll sideways to "find". The top of iHex window on the left corner select "text" mode. Type in R9 xxx (lower case xxx) into top window of tool bar. Then Type in RX 460 in second window. Go to top right side of window and select "next" hit it once only, text in window will appear yellow. Then hit the "replace" tab only once, the screen should blur for a second for the change. Don't hit it twice. Close iHex app and save changes. Drag the desktop copy to the macOS folder and follow authenticate and replace prompts. Run Kext wizzard before restart. This will work for RX 480 name fix as well.

Did you try inject ATI? It may work fine for you, if you get black screen then go back to edit mode or change the Framebuffer from Acre to Berbice or vice versa.

Thanks for the info. Too boot I had to inject nvidia inject ati and fake pci or something like that the very first option. If I don't inject nvidia and ati it boots up then black screen. For me they have to be both injected

Thanks, guys. I tried the solutions, but they didn't work. It still freezes at the same line. What else should I try? Also, I booted Clover with only verbose mode. It freezes at the Apple logo loading screen. I wonder whether the issue resides with the Pandora installer.

@Gigamaxx Tried, but didn't work.

Try the native which injects Nvidia and add nv_disable=1 to boot arg. At clover screen you can use cursor arrows to navigate to options. Boot arg. Is at top and graphics settings options are down below. Try disabling inject Nvidia or unchecking it.

@bbmatias3 Tried, but didn't work.

Don't use nvidia web it takes me a couple tries before it boots you can try injection nvidia and the very first option if everything else fails. The config.plist is for reference you have to switch up the setting to make it work with your system.

So try npci=0x3000 busratio=36
fake inject edid and inject nvidia
(My video say Ati yours should say inject nvidia)
Thanks for the info. Too boot I had to inject nvidia inject ati and fake pci or something like that the very first option. If I don't inject nvidia and ati it boots up then black screen. For me they have to be both injected

I have been trying to get it to run with a 210 (which recognizes in windows as a 8600 Gs and is not even able to display the bios let alone run anything else) gives me a message at the end application at bay 3 is not a hub multiple times with variations with the numbers at the beginning of the lines, and am not sure what I am doing wrong, as I have been able to get the system to get to the apple logo before but have never seen this error before. I am not sure what I did wrong here.

Thanks, guys. I tried the solutions, but they didn't work. It still freezes at the same line. What else should I try? Also, I booted Clover with only verbose mode. It freezes at the Apple logo loading screen. I wonder whether the issue resides with the Pandora installer.

@Gigamaxx Tried, but didn't work.

@bbmatias3 Tried, but didn't work.

Did you use the 5 options mentioned in the tutorial? Verbose in one of them

I have been trying to get it to run with a 210 (which recognizes in windows as a 8600 Gs and is not even able to display the bios let alone run anything else) gives me a message at the end application at bay 3 is not a hub multiple times with variations with the numbers at the beginning of the lines, and am not sure what I am doing wrong, as I have been able to get the system to get to the apple logo before but have never seen this error before. I am not sure what I did wrong here.