Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for your efforts and contributions. Special thank to Gigamaxx and Bronya ^^

I read all 28 pages until now, and I tried to search for my problem, but no good, so I hope that someone has already experienced this problem :

I try to boot from USB (the USB is on USB 2 front port - I doubt that it could be the problem) and I have error as following :

http://imgur.com/a/1JXsp(I don't know how to display it ....)

AppleUSBXHCI::assignDeviceAddressGated: device at address 2 is not a hub
AppleUSB20HubPort AppleUSBHostPort::disconnected: persistent enumeration failures
I will try with USB 3 at the back this afternoon ... may be it could solve the problem

Thank you for your helps

I use usb3 the ones directly from the motherboard. USB 2 gives me errors

Done everything you did exactly but my USB drive won't boot up in my computer it shows boot 0 on the screen and then cuts to my windows drive

Re check your clover folder it seems like your issue is there did you replace the EFI files like mentioned in the tutorial?

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for your efforts and contributions. Special thank to Gigamaxx and Bronya ^^

I read all 28 pages until now, and I tried to search for my problem, but no good, so I hope that someone has already experienced this problem :

I try to boot from USB (the USB is on USB 2 front port - I doubt that it could be the problem) and I have error as following :

http://imgur.com/a/1JXsp(I don't know how to display it ....)

AppleUSBXHCI::assignDeviceAddressGated: device at address 2 is not a hub
AppleUSB20HubPort AppleUSBHostPort::disconnected: persistent enumeration failures

I will try with USB 3 at the back this afternoon ... may be it could solve the problem

Thank you for your helps

I had this problem too. When I saw that error message come up on screen I simply unplugged my keyboard and switched it to a different USB port. Once I plugged it back in I had to hit esc or Q or something to make it continue booting. Try some different port combinations, booting without keyboard, etc.

• Like 1

I had this problem too. When I saw that error message come up on screen I simply unplugged my keyboard and switched it to a different USB port. Once I plugged it back in I had to hit esc or Q or something to make it continue booting. Try some different port combinations, booting without keyboard, etc.

Thanks so muchhhhh motoxnate, you save me with your solution. I unplugged and replug on other ports and it works.

I could pass to the root section to enter mount -uw and fsck -fy then exit.

However, my installation stuck at Apple logo. Do you have any idea?

I have already tried many options like nv_disable, etc. however it stucks there :(

• Like 1

Thanks so muchhhhh motoxnate, you save me with your solution. I unplugged and replug on other ports and it works.

I could pass to the root section to enter mount -uw and fsck -fy then exit.

However, my installation stuck at Apple logo. Do you have any idea?

I have already tried many options like nv_disable, etc. however it stucks there :(

Glad I could help!

As for being stuck there, that is not an issue I encountered. I believe some others did a few pages back on this thread, so you could check that. Also, are you booting in verbose? If not you definitely should so you can see where it is getting stuck.

Try a few more times.... make sure you use 5 commands mentioned in the tutorial

Glad I could help!

As for being stuck there, that is not an issue I encountered. I believe some others did a few pages back on this thread, so you could check that. Also, are you booting in verbose? If not you definitely should so you can see where it is getting stuck.

Try a few more times.... make sure you use 5 commands mentioned in the tutorial

I overclocked my Ryzen to 3.8Ghz, and set busratio=38. Afterthat, I think that the MacPro6,1 is not suitable for Ryzen with Nvidia (I have 980Ti) so I change smbios to iMac17.1

I changed these info with Pandora Box config.plist

I boot with -v as verbose, however, it's only verbose before the Apple Logo Screen :(

May be I'll reset all my bios config to 3.4 Ghz and try again ^^

Thank you so much for your helps. I mean a lot a lot :thumbsup_anim:  

I overclocked my Ryzen to 3.8Ghz, and set busratio=38. Afterthat, I think that the MacPro6,1 is not suitable for Ryzen with Nvidia (I have 980Ti) so I change smbios to iMac17.1

I changed these info with Pandora Box config.plist

I boot with -v as verbose, however, it's only verbose before the Apple Logo Screen :(

May be I'll reset all my bios config to 3.4 Ghz and try again ^^

Thank you so much for your helps. I mean a lot a lot :thumbsup_anim:

Use smbios 14,2 for nvidia. 17,1 will give you black screen

I tried with 14.2 then having the following issue

http://imgur.com/a/i9WAz

I couldnt even get into the Apple Logo screen

May be it's the problem with the serial number? I think that it tries to connect to apple site to verify serial number ....

May be I could exchange Ryzen for 5820k? :( I run mainly final cut pro x and 5820k is already strong enough for me

I don't think connects to apple you can install without internet... it's says Mac Pro 14,2 is for iMac so I'm not sure.... your changing config.plist in EFI ?? Located in EFI/CLOVER I had trouble because I couldn't located lol try replacing your whole EFI with the once provided and try again... there is a mother EFI folder but the once you need to edit for the smbios is located in the location I mentioned I use clover configurator

make sure you use correct graphic settings you can inject nvidia and (first option like in my video) for installation only  (drivers come later)

Well that isn't too big an issue. I have some old cards laying around and I can always pick up another if needed. Thanks for the update! If you get a chance to download and try DaVinci Resolve I'd really appreciate that - it was crashing for me every time and I need it for work :(

https://youtu.be/KYNHL4Q6Mso

i download and installed seems to be running good

• Like 1

I don't think connects to apple you can install without internet... it's says Mac Pro 14,2 is for iMac so I'm not sure.... your changing config.plist in EFI ?? Located in EFI/CLOVER I had trouble because I couldn't located lol try replacing your whole EFI with the once provided and try again... there is a mother EFI folder but the once you need to edit for the smbios is located in the location I mentioned I use clover configurator

make sure you use correct graphic settings you can inject nvidia and (first option like in my video) for installation only  (drivers come later)

Some updates ^^

I modified to 14,2 : error with iMac

return to 6.1 error with Mac Pro

This morning (yes - I'm in France) I tried to replace the config.plist by the defaut in Essential Disk, still have the problem

So I tried to rebuild permission and now all iMac, Macpro etc .... become localhost and I could come to the Apple Logo Screen

However .... still stuck there.

May be I'll retry the guide this evening once returned from work ^^

I'll keep you guys updated ^^ thanks for your times

I tried with 14.2 then having the following issue

http://imgur.com/a/i9WAz

I couldnt even get into the Apple Logo screen

May be it's the problem with the serial number? I think that it tries to connect to apple site to verify serial number ....

May be I could exchange Ryzen for 5820k? :( I run mainly final cut pro x and 5820k is already strong enough for me

The 5820k is good CPU, if given, take it ;)

There is a way to do it from cloning a sierra hard drive it's mentions a few post back. The card you have is a helper card , you don't need it unless your running rx 480 for example... I'm not sure what your issue is... try cloning it maybe that will be easier for you

chirag98, on 13 Jul 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

Instead of creating the USB installer, try the following:

1. Connect your Hard Drive (boot drive for Ryzen) to your working Mac.

2. Run the Sierra Installer App on your working Mac and select the Hard Drive you connected as the destination. The Mac will install, restart, and finish on the setup screen. Shut it down.

3. Restart back to your working Mac. Now do the disk edits as normal, run install Clover (making sure to install on the Ryzen Drive), run kext wizard and repair permissions in Disk Utility (or Disk Warrior).

4. Add a Clover Plist to your EFI/Clover folder. With Clover Configurator select Boot > Verbose and make sure your npci and busratio are both set correctly. For an Nvidia card (GTX 1xxx etc) try using nv_disable=1 and inject Nvidia if you are having issues. That combination worked for me.

4. Eject your Ryzen Drive from your working Mac and install it in your Ryzen machine. You can try the boot using Single User mode the first time, but I believe it worked for me without it if I remember correctly.

I realize not everyone has the ability to install Sierra using a working Mac, but for those who do I hope this helps!

• Like 2

@Gigamaxx do you know how we can install Mac OS sierra on our intel machines? Same procces as before? I use the tutorial from x86tony

Yes, its much easier than Ryzen system you should be able to setup rather quickly depending on system specs.

Pandora will also make the USB and work for post install.   I find that the uni USB tends to be real simple for install but may be buggy and leave out the System folder on main partition.   You need to run a terminal command to access it.       I used it last year on my first Hack but had to learn Clover USB installation for the Sierra betas and never went back.    Creating your own allows you to add more specs and fixes for not so common system setups.

I just use a USB to Sata connector and load a new disk and catch it before it loads the setup screen and then restart with USB disconnected, reconnect fresh instal, run clover, edit config.plist and add kexts FakeSMC, etc... then boot it up I new system.  Like the post disk edit but without changing kernel and other folders.

What system specs?

Guys, I need your help...

I created the USB Drive to install Sierra and booted with these args "npci=0x2000 busratio=32 -v -s", in single user mode i type exit and when i press enter it starts to show crashed: Language Chooser. Too many corpses being created. How can i solve?

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.20GHz

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB (2x8 GB) @ 3000 MHz

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Armor 6GB

MSI X370 Krait Gaming

Yes, its much easier than Ryzen system you should be able to setup rather quickly depending on system specs.

Pandora will also make the USB and work for post install. I find that the uni USB tends to be real simple for install but may be buggy and leave out the System folder on main partition. You need to run a terminal command to access it. I used it last year on my first Hack but had to learn Clover USB installation for the Sierra betas and never went back. Creating your own allows you to add more specs and fixes for not so common system setups.

I just use a USB to Sata connector and load a new disk and catch it before it loads the setup screen and then restart with USB disconnected, reconnect fresh instal, run clover, edit config.plist and add kexts FakeSMC, etc... then boot it up I new system. Like the post disk edit but without changing kernel and other folders.

What system specs?

Sorry I meant Mac OS high sierra same procces? I have an optiplex 9010 i7 3770

I created the USB Drive to install Sierra and booted with these args "npci=0x2000 busratio=32 -v -s", in single user mode i type exit and when i press enter it starts to show crashed: Language Chooser. Too many corpses being created. How can i solve?

Specs:

MSI X370 Krait Gaming

You used two commands your are missing 3.... check the tutorial

Use latest clover 4114 it has most everything needed but you will need to figure out config.plist for IGPu graphics. It's doable!

Specs:

MSI X370 Krait Gaming

Add nv_disable=1 to arg.   

I got a gt 210 today and tried to boot but encountered some issues. First the GT 210 identifies itself as a 8600 gs in windows device manager. Also I can not get this card even to display even the bios and am not sure if it is even working (granted it is designed for windows 7). I tried to install this driver: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87988/which should support it but led to the deletion of the drivers for the 1070 (which required me to remove the motherboard battery). When booting whatever I do it does not boot, but stops where I should type the words but does not let me type giving me a list of similar error messages relating to "Application 3 not avaliable" I am not sure what to do to get the 210 to work or why it is not booting (I did try to redo everything using the new folders) and also where clover 4114 is as on the website I have only found 4091. Thanks :)