Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Same situation for Nvidia 560? I'm able to see 1024x768 rez but hoping to hack it to 4k. Not possible?

You might have to wait for web drivers. Check previous post I think there might be a work around

i messed around a lot, wo results. right now i broke the system and doesnt boot anymore. verbose gives me infinite crashed opendirectoryd to many corpses. even tried to install over the same installation but same thing. will have to wipe and clean install. if theres a fix for it let me know.

Had same issue think the corruption is related to AFPS file format! Will reinstall and try with HFS+ instead of AFPS.

The Nvidia driver should work like Windows. No need to update driver with every minor revision like 10.12.0, 10.12.1 etc. Same driver should work between 10.12.0 and 10.13.0

Apple and Nvidia teams should sit together for a coffee and sort this idiotic issue out.

• Like 1

10.12 → 10.13 is not a minor version upgrade. It's a major one.

Call it whatever you want but it is exactly like upgrading Windows 10 from Redstone1 -> Redstone2 -> Redstone3 versions and yet the same driver works across all three.

All I am saying is that Apple and Nvidia should work in sync and make sure same driver works for any version of macOS for 2 years continuously. If Apple is serious about external GPU and VR stuff then they better get their act together. 

We don't need to be apologist. Just call out companies on their lazy efforts. They are getting our hard earned money after all.

Now it is working also in apfs

tomorrow I will update to latest beta but I think  "my" method could work also there

It is working also in beta 3

@ gengik84 @Mald0n @PMHeart

thank you for your support ;-)

Hi Fabio, I have tried your system two weeks ago and it worked, however it was laggy, ass you already said.

Is it still laggy now with beta 3?

Every time I see that this thread has a new post I always have hope it's someone saying Nvidia has released a driver for High Sierra but so far that hasn't happened. Until that happens I have not and will not hack an old driver that doesn't work properly to get my system to run half baked.

I keep my High Sierra updated and that's about it until Nvidia releases a driver for it. If you cannot use / test High Sierra without Nvidia drivers i would suggest to go back to Sierra until Nvidia release drivers instead of implementing a hack method that will most likely need to be reverted to install official drivers.

Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I get full acceleration with the new Nvidia web driver on Mac OS high Sierra beta 3! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The driver is compatible with os Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25f01), with the Nvidia web updater patch i get the driver compatible with the new system. I use the iMac 14.2 SMBIOS with lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup.  

• Like 1

I get full acceleration with the new Nvidia web driver on Mac OS high Sierra beta 3! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The driver is compatible with os Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25f01), with the Nvidia web updater patch i get the driver compatible with the new system. I use the iMac 14.2 SMBIOS with lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup.  

how did you make the installer to run on High Sierra?