TASK FORCE - [AMD] to missing SSE4.1 Instruction set - older CPUs on macOS Sierra (10.12.x)

spakk

272 posts in this topic

if i put my kernel into working system, not installer, it always gets this kernel panic when it boots into white screen:

post-1299088-0-39713000-1510807555_thumb.jpg

the last messages from system log:

Nov 15 18:21:18 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Nov 15 18:21:18 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imtranscoding.IMTranscoderAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamPriority
Nov 15 18:21:18 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imtranscoding.IMTranscoderAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Nov 15 18:21:18 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imdmessageservices.IMDMessageServicesAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit

• 2 months later...

@ydeng

Amazingly, your code seems to work, in part
I've integrated your emu into the last El Capitan Source and built a new kernel.
then I’ve noticed that the system was booted with "opemu ud2" error loop,

but at the end has reached the desktop.
then came the black screen followed by error loops. This is why i write partially.

I'm trying to build a new one and will report my new results.

• Like 1

@ydeng

Amazingly, your code seems to work, in part

I've integrated your emu into the last El Capitan Source and built a new kernel.

then I’ve noticed that the system was booted with "opemu ud2" error loop,

but at the end has reached the desktop.

then came the black screen followed by error loops. This is why i write partially.

I'm trying to build a new one and will report my new results.

Here's the latest code with debug prints.  I don't know how to make progress anymore.

opemu.zip

• Like 1

I think I'll try first with  El Capitain and if it succeeds then with sierra.

my last kernel has not achieved the hoped result. I will make further attempts tomorrow.

• Like 2

yes it boots, but does not olow that's what it has become. A new art

:hysterical:

that's el capitan not sierra

After booting with the old El Capitan kernel, my desktop picture looks like this.(Pic.4)

1517850966542-307767381.jpg

15178511577782126091517.jpg

1517851403820-1243771530.jpg

15178525401651814201766.jpg

• Like 1

If you don't know how to continue i tell to you to double check all the code and then try to make it more simple and then try to implement some functions to check that all the operations are done correctly, maybe something can go wrong and you will not see it, and also a network or serial debugger can be useful to read all the debug prints while they are hidden