[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.5

PMheart

49 posts in this topic

haha installed everything was going well then i went on my normal time on macos running 1 windows vm and 1 linux vm and bam the entire system went down and the os was gone Nice job apple 

• Like 1

Installation went smoothly.  I want to post here a fix for something that broke with the 10.12.4 betas -- Activity Monitor started crashing on me every time I tried to open it.  Herve had the same problem.  Maybe others too.  The problem persisted through the installation of 10.12.5 beta 1.

Here's the fix:  Delete com.apple.ActivityMonitor.plist from Username/Library/Preferences and relaunch Activity Monitor.  It worked like a charm.

• Like 2

Hi,

Anyone who has already installed 12.5 Beta knows if with some tweak, the latest NV driver is compatible?

I did, d U mean latest nVIDIA Web Driver (367.15.10.45f01) ?

I just changed NVDAStartupWeb Info.plist value n it' s Ge* && NVD* loaded & works (invalid signature though)  :)

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16F</string>

post-826765-0-94734500-1490803116_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks Badruzeus,

And what's new, in 12.5 are they visible or just changed the version number? ?

IDK what' s new but, I think I've to change my cpu caused of my KBPref warning LoL  :D

(JKD, it was my ELAN PS2 kext issue...)

No more changes since 10.12.4 Beta 7 I think, with spamming corebrightnessd logs caused by NightShift, not working Brightness Slider, Activity Monitor random crash... no new Desktop Background.  :hysterical:

post-826765-0-76553100-1490806558_thumb.png

• Like 1

I guess Apple is preparing for their new APFS, during the meantime, they must confirm the firmware is fine, which contains file system drivers inside it... After that, APFS should make itself first debut on macOS in public...

As for hackintosh builds, we don't really have it, and thus this can be why this log comes in...

• Like 1

10.12.4 added new firmware updates... if you look inside, there's already a new EFI driver (ApfsJumpstart). eficheck has nothing to do with it though; it's simply a UEFI verification tool (written by LegbaCore, who were hired by Apple last year IIRC). It was in the 10.12.4 betas (but not present in the final release).

• Like 5

10.12.4 added new firmware updates... if you look inside, there's already a new EFI driver (ApfsJumpstart). eficheck has nothing to do with it though; it's simply a UEFI verification tool (written by LegbaCore, who were hired by Apple last year IIRC). It was in the 10.12.4 betas (but not present in the final release).

Yes... It was about in mid Feb. (Clover commit r4024 by me.)

Need more report from RevoBoot user, you know who.. :D

Pike? Or me?  :D (Well, to be honest I don't use RevoBoot very frequently... And recently I may only use my real Macs..)

looks like they also changed boot roms in 10.12.4 in my apple efi folder i have MBP111_0138_B25_LOCKED.scap and doing a bit of searching i come up with  MBP111.88Z.0138.B25.1702171721

Well, yep! (https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4055/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/platformdata.c#l56)

• Like 1