[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

done, so far it's working great.

you know earlier on we were talking about updates... I have never updated my system since i build it. I thought that apple messes around with some kexts and replaces them with their own hence we need to reapply our own kexts, it doesn't work this way with this DSDT ?

• Like 1

Maldon I was able to get my hack running using your EFI at one point, then I botched a time machine restore and had to wipe my drive and start over. My USB installer got corrupted and so I made a new one on a USB 3 flash drive. Now I can't even boot into the installer using your EFI folder or any other EFI setup I've tried, keep getting stuck at "waiting for root device" and a circle with a line through it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Attached is my EFI setup that I downloaded from Maldon at the top of this thread.

• Like 1

done, so far it's working great.

you know earlier on we were talking about updates... I have never updated my system since i build it. I thought that apple messes around with some kexts and replaces them with their own hence we need to reapply our own kexts, it doesn't work this way with this DSDT ?

u can update without problems, update system and update nvidia web driver ;)

Maldon I was able to get my hack running using your EFI at one point, then I botched a time machine restore and had to wipe my drive and start over. My USB installer got corrupted and so I made a new one on a USB 3 flash drive. Now I can't even boot into the installer using your EFI folder or any other EFI setup I've tried, keep getting stuck at "waiting for root device" and a circle with a line through it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Attached is my EFI setup that I downloaded from Maldon at the top of this thread.

try it

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n

Thank you for this guide.... I was able to get my system up and running in no time. 

I cloned my existing working configuration to an external SSD and then copied the SSD to the NVME drive in about 10 min i was done. 

I used the DSDT that you provided a couple of pages back since my motherboard is the aourus Gaming 7 and along with the folder you provided so there is no need to ask for another configuration right ???

Also my 5ghz overclock is working :thumbsup_anim: ....  I do however have some problems with sleep ... the computer goes to sleep fine but whenever i turn on the computer it stays on the login screen i can use the mouse but no keyboard to log in . Any thoughts on how can i resolve this ?

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n

Thank you for this guide.... I was able to get my system up and running in no time. 

I cloned my existing working configuration to an external SSD and then copied the SSD to the NVME drive in about 10 min i was done. 

I used the DSDT that you provided a couple of pages back since my motherboard is the aourus Gaming 7 and along with the folder you provided so there is no need to ask for another configuration right ???

Also my 5ghz overclock is working :thumbsup_anim: ....  I do however have some problems with sleep ... the computer goes to sleep fine but whenever i turn on the computer it stays on the login screen i can use the mouse but no keyboard to log in . Any thoughts on how can i resolve this ?

post ur full clover folder here

• Like 2

If you have the aorus Gaming 7 check out my Clover folder above .... my situation was different since i was able to get a copy of my working hack whos got the Nvidia drivers .... i dont know about installing from scratch maybe MaLd0n could help 

• Like 1

Sure thing man! 

Thanks for the help 

it's ok

try update kexts

u dont nothng need in config.plist about power management, plugin type etc, all in DSDT

Hi @MaLd0n,

Can you help me to edit DSDT and SSDT

I has try by my self but I don't sure it's correct

I'm attach my clover folder and output of my ioreg

Thank you before and I very appreciate for your help

u use my DSDT from z270 in ur specs? :D

• Like 1

it's ok

try update kexts

u dont nothng need in config.plist about power management, plugin type etc, all in DSDT

u use my DSDT from z270 in ur specs? :D

yes, but not all :(

I'm just take SLPB and BUS0, BUS1

I'm not too understand with language program

can you help me for that, please :(

• Like 1

Hi @MaLd0n,

Can you help me to edit DSDT and SSDT

I has try by my self but I don't sure it's correct

I'm attach my clover folder and output of my ioreg

Thank you before and I very appreciate for your help

start here

DSDT.idris iqbal.zip

let me know

DSDT is a principal bios table, use only in same mobo ;)

• Like 1

Now, I get kernel panic in MACH Reboot

use ur old clover folder but without any DSDT, only SSDTs

let me know if work, try solve ur video and after we apply patches or use SSDTs to inject in DSDT

• Like 2

use ur old clover folder but without any DSDT, only SSDTs

let me know if work, try solve ur video and after we apply patches or use SSDTs to inject in DSDT

I'm very  sorry maldon

I'm late to read and replay, last night is the late night and my eye's can't handle anymore

ok, I'll try and I'll report you again

• Like 1

I'm very  sorry maldon

I'm late to read and replay, last night is the late night and my eye's can't handle anymore

ok, I'll try and I'll report you again

np, bro

hackintosh destroy our eyes and fries our brains

• Like 1

np, bro

hackintosh destroy our eyes and fries our brains

yes you're right maldon, but hackintosh make very curios and  challenge

just now, Im fad try my old clover folder and use your dsdt and add ssdt-dgpu that you gave to me

success to boot and no stuck in gIOScreenLockState 3

this is clover folder I've used

this is clover folder I've used maldon

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

yes you're right maldon, but hackintosh make very curios and  challenge

just now, Im fad try my old clover folder and use your dsdt and add ssdt-dgpu that you gave to me

success to boot and no stuck in gIOScreenLockState 3

this is clover folder I've used

this is clover folder I've used maldon

battery, brightness work?

send me one ioreg for check PowerManagement, etc

• Like 1