[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

I noticed in the z370 plist you are using kernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM in your plists. Those are useless if you have ability to disable CFG lock in bios as for example in the Asus z370-a Prime. Also, why do you use a patch for TRIM ? There's a command that enables trim on any ssd from terminal (sudo trimforce enable).

What's the point os using the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext if the cards are supported with Nvidia Web Drivers? Why are you generating P States and C States? You have to tick PluginType I don't think there's any need to generate P and C states. FIXIPIC is useless unless your PW button is not working. Why are you dropping the DMAR table? Why NeverHibernate? 

i think u need read about hackintoshs, all your questions, just use the forum search. just back in time

I known that, I think macOS fix some error on ACPI. Don't know why?

Clover is amazing :P

i think u need read about hackintoshs, all your questions, just use the forum search. just back in time

Yeah, I know about hackintosh since 2011. I can't even install on my first build with chameleon and I'm so sad about it, comeback from last month and I found Clover. Gonna love it!!

Yeah, I know about hackintosh since 2011. I can't even install on my first build with chameleon and I'm so sad about it, comeback from last month and I found Clover. Gonna love it!!

the post not for u, Pig :P

ASRock H110M-G/M.2

CLOVER pig.zip

use only it, dont add ssdts to native pm, usb etc, use only it and test it

clover generate native pm for u, generate p and c states, usb try with usbinjectall instead ur ssdt, check sgutdown after it

Asrock is not very friendly with sleep.

attachicon.gifCLOVER pig.zip

use only it, dont add ssdts to native pm, usb etc, use only it and test it

clover generate native pm for u, generate p and c states, usb try with usbinjectall instead ur ssdt, check sgutdown after it

Asrock is not very friendly with sleep.

Will try it on next weekend, got some busy project need macOS! Thanks!

Sleep seems to work, but a few seconds after it fully went to sleep it woke itself and I had to click my mouse to turn on the screens.

I enabled wake with usb in the bios, could this be part of why it didn't stay asleep or is there something more to be done?

Sleep works fine, it did power back up because of the bios setting, I guess I am stuck using the power button only to wake my computer.

Anyway to fix my onboard sound being very low?

• Like 1

Look, I know about hackintosh and how to build one.

1) The KernelPM and appleintelCPUPM fixes you are using are useless. You just need to go in the bios and disable CFG lock, then you will get native power management; Actually using appleintelCPUPM fix you are disabling native power management (This patch will eliminate the kext's write operations to MSR register 0xE2 ). Same with kernelPM, what you are doing is disabling native power management which will work out of the box with cfg lock disabled.

2) The trim patch you are using is  a thing of the past as non apple ssd are now supported through trimforce;

3) from any CPU from Haswell and over there is no need for an ssdt nor to generate P states and C states: Only requirement: SSDT-XCPM.aml or SSDT-PluginType1.aml or config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true. (cit. Rehabman)

4) all the rest I mentioned is not needed at all, maybe nvidiafixup but it's not written in stone.

FYI on Intel z370 without any ssdt or dsdt you don't need ANY acpi fix in config.plist

• Like 1

what files exactly ? I dont find any difference

The principal is a usb patch hs

Sleep seems to work, but a few seconds after it fully went to sleep it woke itself and I had to click my mouse to turn on the screens.

I enabled wake with usb in the bios, could this be part of why it didn't stay asleep or is there something more to be done?

Sleep works fine, it did power back up because of the bios setting, I guess I am stuck using the power button only to wake my computer.

Anyway to fix my onboard sound being very low?

What ur audio codec?

Look, I know about hackintosh and how to build one.

1) The KernelPM and appleintelCPUPM fixes you are using are useless. You just need to go in the bios and disable CFG lock, then you will get native power management; Actually using appleintelCPUPM fix you are disabling native power management (This patch will eliminate the kext's write operations to MSR register 0xE2 ). Same with kernelPM, what you are doing is disabling native power management which will work out of the box with cfg lock disabled.

2) The trim patch you are using is  a thing of the past as non apple ssd are now supported through trimforce;

3) from any CPU from Haswell and over there is no need for an ssdt nor to generate P states and C states: Only requirement: SSDT-XCPM.aml or SSDT-PluginType1.aml or config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true. (cit. Rehabman)

4) all the rest I mentioned is not needed at all, maybe nvidiafixup but it's not written in stone.

FYI on Intel z370 without any ssdt or dsdt you don't need ANY acpi fix in config.plist

1- u can use it, Clover check if need, apply, if dont need, dont apply, just use and check

2- clover apply on the fly, u dont need command, but if u like, good

3- native pm, Clover generate, ssdt Pike generate...not only one method, i'm using clover, but ppl like Pike SSDT, the rest all in DSDT, check

4- https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

all hacks need edited dsdt or clover patches, u need a vanilla system, not a vanilla dsdt

What you're talking about has been tested three hundred times, nothing new

I think you're excited, a hackintosher 2016, curious, but please do not pollute my topic with formalities, all this has already been tested many times, just use your fabulous method and be happy ;)

Peace

alc 1150, use id 1 or 7, u need a codeccommander too

use last version Applealc + Lilu

I found one RehabMan maintains, I'll give it a shot and update this post.

Edit:

Oh yea, that did the trick didn’t need to change LayoutID from 1... it's actually louder than the usb connection my headset uses by maybe 10% and very happy with this solution. :D

Thanks MaLd0n

• Like 1

The codec was working great, I didn’t think about the built in amplifier needing anything special to have it working, but this definitely did the trick to get the proper audio level.

Good!

Enjoy!

Hi all, I'm following this guide to install 10.13 to my 8700k build. Specs are as follows

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Rev 1

Gskill Trident z 32gb 3000

EVGA 1080ti sc2

Samsung 850 evo 500gb

I've made a bootable usb following this guide and added the EFI from the thread at the top of this post.

I've edited smbios to be imac 18,3, updated Fake SMC to 3.5.1, am using the latest clover 4318 followed this guide to enable Nvidia gpu. Kexts are already in the “other” folder, removed EMUVariableUEFi to try and aid the install. Used Clover Configurator to generate new serial and smuuid and made sure ff and ffm were not zeroes. I've tried this whole process at least a half dozen times in slightly different ways each time. Furthest I've gotten is to the second stage of the install, after the first reboot and the creation of the recovery partition, the installer hangs and gives a somewhat generic error message saying something along the lines of "Mac OS High Sierra can not be installed on this computer. Run Apple Diagnostics."

Checking the install log and I find one error that seems to be of note regarding a failed extraction of Core.pkg if memory serves [was doing this late at night].

Up next is trying maldon’s Clover folder. Can any one of you gurus provide any help? I’m a newbie to clover so I’m just probably missing some horribly simple steps to get my system up. I really appreciate it!

• Like 1