Natit.kext - Titan imitation with source.

dm_webd

83 posts in this topic

After installing Titan or Natiti.kext your System does not restart properly? Simply run your hackint0sh install DVD, go into Disk Utility and repair permissions from DVD, that fixed the restart bug here.

hey bugs,

Thanks for the tip. but which install dvd? the 10.4.8 or the 10.4.6? i heard that the 10.4.8 diskutil is corrupted.

EDIT: tried and no go here. specs are as below. just change the 6600GT to a 6800. my setup had always had the reboot problem, even when using 10.4.6. remember i had to edit the kernel using the hex editor back then to make it boot. Guess my reboot problem is not titan related then. :)

No luck here. Using JaS's 10.4.7 dvd (then updated using the 10.4.8 AMD SSE2 updater that still uses the old kernel).

Installed update, added the kexts from .8;

IONDRVSupport.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

GeForce.kext

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

then deleted the kextcache files/kext -e -z -a etc, ran the Natit installer and repaired permissions.

It gives a few errors relating to nvdares* and a few others, appears to detect the card correctly, but loginwindow crashes (something about loginwindow security agent started appears too). The card is a PCI-E Geforce 7600 GS (512MB). Deleting Geforce.kext as suggested makes no difference.

Ideas? Theories?

You Have to use the NEW KERNEL. That is - install the JAS 10.4.8 Dvd. without it you will get unpredictable results (ie: Kernel Panics).

Perhaps those folks making an installer should do a uname as part of the process? Hopefully that will stop this fscking question being asked a billion more times.

I get no kernel panic, and there are definitely many many people who have it working (minus QE/CI) on the older kernel. It's been reported since the very first day that the .4 kernel can do this.

I actually now have gotten it almost working. NV*40hal.kext loads, the card is detected. Unfortunately as the loginwindow starts up I get stuck with a black screen. Closer though..!

EDIT: I have noticed in NV*40hal.kext my exact card device id isn't listed although a couple are extremely close to it. 0x039210DE is the one for my PCI-E 7600 GS 512MB. Will add and test.

EDIT: Same results. I'm also using the DVI port via a VGA adapter (I tried the monitor in both the VGA and DVI ports). I believe that someone else had the same issues with a CRT.

Odd.

How to uninstall the driver? Doesn't work on my BFG 6600 GT PCI-E. I got jumbled up pixels and now I'm trying to uninstall it.

Edit:

To uninstall, boot with -s

Type the commands to mount the system file

/sbin/fscky -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

Then either run ./uninstallerscript

will this work for a geforce mx 440?

LOL, i told you this would happen, umm, the answer is as far as i can see, no.

How to uninstall the driver? Doesn't work on my BFG 6600 GT PCI-E. I got jumbled up pixels and now I'm trying to uninstall it.

boot into -s

mount -uw /
rm /system/extensions/natit.kext
rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache
rm /system/library/extensions.mkext
reboot

For anyone stuck/confused by the process, here is what I did to at least get as far as the mysterious black screen with my card;

For the record, AMD SSE2 machine w/Geforce 7600 GS PCI-E 512MB.

1. Installed 10.4.7 from JaS` shiny DVD. (Why not donate some money to him at www.macforjas.com - he deserves it for his hard work!) Repaired after first boot then rebooted.

2. Installed the .8 AMD SSE2 updater. NOT the .8 DVD, this updater does not use the .8 kernel.

3. Copied the kexts from .8 listed in this thread to the Extensions folder and deleted the kext cache files. Shut down.

4. Repaired install using the .7 DVD. (It doesn't seem to boot with the new kexts unless this is done) and rebooted again.

5. Installed Natit using the installer pkg and rebooted.

This will show NV*40hal.kext (or the relevant for your card) when booting up, and in theory you will either get to the desktop or at least get the infamous black screen.

As with everything OSX86, YMMV, no responsibility taken for destruction of systems, lawsuits, natural disasters and so on. This sequence worked for me up to the point stated.

EDIT: Same results. I'm also using the DVI port via a VGA adapter (I tried the monitor in both the VGA and DVI ports). I believe that someone else had the same issues with a CRT.

Odd.

I can confirm that Natit can work with a CRT plugged into a VGA->DVI adaptor.

I' ve installed the Natic kext, but doesn' t work!!

i wan't to know if i must change other after the installation?

NVIDIA GeForce 6600:

Modello Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0141

ID revisione: 0x00a2

Monitor:

SyncMaster:

Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Non Supportato

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportato

Hope someone can confirm this question about this driver and my monitor:

Using the installer, I have a 7300GS and let me just say everything works perfect in the OS.

I was unsure if this was my end or the driver, but when I boot up I get to the Grey apple screen and then the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then if I reinitialize my screen after that it shows the loading screen and my screen works fine.

Could this be my monitor or does everyone have this in their boot up?

Using newest OSX with Mifki and installer on news page.

I was unsure if this was my end or the driver, but when I boot up I get to the Grey apple screen and then the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then if I reinitialize my screen after that it shows the loading screen and my screen works fine.

What do you mean with this? turn it off and back on? I also have problems with my setup loosing the signal during boot, when it switches from the gray apple logo to the starting screen. I have my monitor connected to the DVI port (which seems to be port :), without any adapter. With Titan I need to have the VGA port connected since most of the times I don't get the image back on the DVI output. But it works 100% of the times on VGA port. With the Natit latest version, with the modifications to have dual monitor setup I can get the DVI output most of the times. I would say about 80%. However, now I need to have the VGA port totally disconnected or I will get an empty blue screen on DVI and nothing on VGA...

My card is a 7600GS with 256 Mb

Fernando Birra

Could this be my monitor or does everyone have this in their boot up?

Everybody has this sort of thing happening on boot and setting the EDID values does not seem to fix either, perhaps setting someother keys would.

However, now I need to have the VGA port totally disconnected or I will get an empty blue screen on DVI and nothing on VGA...

My card is a 7600GS with 256 Mb

This seems kind of odd. What brand of card do you have? Which kernel are you using? Can you give us the specs. of your system?

This version of Natit might work better for you: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5778