Natit.kext - Titan imitation with source.

dm_webd

83 posts in this topic

Everybody has this sort of thing happening on boot and setting the EDID values does not seem to fix either, perhaps setting someother keys would.

This seems kind of odd. What brand of card do you have? Which kernel are you using? Can you give us the specs. of your system?

This version of Natit might work better for you: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5778

My card is a Manli 7600GS with 256MB, DVI+VGA+TV out (supposedly hidef capable).

My system is MSI 915G based with onboard VGA disabled, CPU is P4 630 and I am running 10.4.8 with mifki's (nonx) kernel.

Are you sure about the link above?

Fernando

My card is a Manli 7600GS with 256MB, DVI+VGA+TV out (supposedly hidef capable).

My system is MSI 915G based with onboard VGA disabled. CPU is P4 630.

You are running 10.4.8, right? Which kernel, Semthex's?

Are you sure about the link above?

Yes, that is the 0.01 version of the dual display Natit.kext. It does not use the "@0,NVMT" key and works on VGA/DVI cards fine: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32536&st=0

You are running 10.4.8, right? Which kernel, Semthex's?

Yes, that is the 0.01 version of the dual display Natit.kext. It does not use the "@0,NVMT" key and works on VGA/DVI cards fine: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32536&st=0

Ok, I got the file but I have already played with the both NVCAP and NVMT entries. Tried the 4 combinations but nothing. I will try again later since I am not near my desktop but using the laptop instead.

My desktop is running Darwin 8.8.1 mifki/Vitaliy kernel (the one with nx disabled). It runs perfect so far, including sleep function.

By the way, does anyone know if there has ever existed an Apple notebook with an nVidia card? It would be nice to have the ioreg output of such a system since I can't make the internal display of my Toshiba notebook to work using Natit/Titan. The output always goes to the VGA connector on my GeForce FX Go5200. However, in this case I am still stuck with 8.4.1 kernel since it is a SS2 machine.

Fernando

Thanks for all the replies :)

I'm running 10.4.8 tried both SEM and MIF on a 945G board (Dell E510) and Nvidia (PNY) 7300GT with DVI (looks amazing).

My computer boots

Dell Screen loading

Apple Grey Screen with circle load

Screen Goes Black where no signal is found

I wait approx 20 seconds (any less than that and still no sync is found)

Turn monitor off and on again and I come to the OSX loading bar (extremely quick load)

GUI and OS run perfect after that.

(screen saver, sleep mode....etc)

Hope this can clarify. I am also using the Natit from the news release so I am unaware of any new versions of it if there is one since that post.

Well then don't bother with v0.01.

Just tried again without the NVMT entry and it is the same. A complete halt when both ports are used.

Anyway, it seems that the NVCAP does the trick of accelerating the startup for me. At least most of the times.

If we knew at least what the values are supposed to mean...

Fernando