[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.2

mnfesq

93 posts in this topic

Ok I solved in a dirty way

I overwrite all nvda kext on S/L/E  with an old El Capitan nvda sets of kext

then I edited NVDAStartupWeb.kext and it is working now

Where can i get this kexts ? I have no system with el capitan at the moment.

#EDIT

I remembered I have still the OS X El Capitan Installation File from my MBP, I never deleted it. So I extracted the files from the BaseSystem to get all this nvda kexts. But still I have this B&W Screen and the System is unbelievable slow. What should I do ?

new seed... 16C41b

So far, I have noticed that Little Snitch Configuration, HandsOff! and Karabiner-Elements do not work properly on my laptop running 10.12.2 developer beta.  It sure seems like Apple is making lots of changes "under the hood" that are really messing things up for 3rd-party app developers.  That said, 10.12.2 certainly seems like an improvement from 10.12.0.

UPDATE:  Little Snitch now works as expected with Developer Beta 3 (16C41b).  Karabiner-Elements works better but not all features work as expected.  I didn't try HandsOff! since I got LS working.

• Like 3

new seed... 16C41b

So far, I have noticed that Little Snitch Configuration, HandsOff! and Karabiner-Elements do not work properly on my laptop running 10.12.2 developer beta.  It sure seems like Apple is making lots of changes "under the hood" that are really messing things up for 3rd-party app developers.  That said, 10.12.2 certainly seems like an improvement from 10.12.0.

But how can i update from my 16C32f to 16C41b? I have no update available

LPC microcontrollers based on ARM Apple added support for an ARM chip to MacOS “Sierra” 10.12. Hidden inside kernel release notes for macOS 10.12,

AAPL_MacOS_Kernel_SupportList.jpg

AAPL_MacOS_ARM_Hurricane.png

So lets hope Apple will not switch to ARM totally, would be the end for the hackintosh scene. (without special kernels)

16C41b update went smooth on my laptop (specs in sig) except on waking from sleep (opening lid) screen brightness is really low, have to manually raise.

Desktop not being updated until Nvidia cards has been confirmed to not make system unusable.

16C41b update went smooth on my laptop (specs in sig) except on waking from sleep (opening lid) screen brightness is really low, have to manually raise.

Desktop not being updated until Nvidia cards has been confirmed to not make system unusable.

me too. more smooth

post-980913-0-88821700-1478683107_thumb.png

Guys I think my Sleep/Wake is working but I am not sure do I making the test right way.

I am using 10.12.1 with Pike's Patch.

Before the Patch ;

Apple Menu choosing Sleep and monitor goes sleep but when try to wake with mouse or keyboard nothing happened I always making force restart from the case. is that mean sleep/wake doesnt work right?

After the Patch;

I am using same process go to Apple Menu choosing Sleep monitor goes right away to sleep.

Then I click to Space bar on the keyboard and monitor waked without any problem all network, bluetooth and USB working without any problem.

I tried that process for 1Hour, 5min, 10min and 1min. Every time its waked without any problem.

is that mean my sleep/wake working or not?

what should I try to test more?

Guys I think my Sleep/Wake is working but I am not sure do I making the test right way.

I am using 10.12.1 with Pike's Patch.

Before the Patch ;

Apple Menu choosing Sleep and monitor goes sleep but when try to wake with mouse or keyboard nothing happened I always making force restart from the case. is that mean sleep/wake doesnt work right?

After the Patch;

I am using same process go to Apple Menu choosing Sleep monitor goes right away to sleep.

Then I click to Space bar on the keyboard and monitor waked without any problem all network, bluetooth and USB working without any problem.

I tried that process for 1Hour, 5min, 10min and 1min. Every time its waked without any problem.

is that mean my sleep/wake working or not?

what should I try to test more?

Which patch? What for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Which patch? What for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HD 530 patch. I am using full pacth not just GfxTile patch actually nothing any special in my config. But its waked. I still dont get it. It is really working or not?

By the way I am just using HD530 I disabled my GTX660 'cause both GPU's doesnt work at the same times. But every try its waking without any problem.

This is the kext and SSDT list I used nothing special in it;

Power Managment SSDT

USBInject SSDT

RealtekALC.kext

USBInject.kext,

Ethernet.kext

FakeSmc and HWmonitor Kext

GenericUSB.kext

and my config.plist

How can I sure its really working or not? Give me a suggestion what can I try more?

BTW I also tried that; Remove all HD530 patch from my config. Restart computer and of course glitch came back upper left corner Choose Apple Menu/Sleep. Monitor goes sleep but never wake again. Made Force restart from my case. When I add this patch again computer waked without any problem everything works again.

I am still not sure is that mean sleep/wake working 'cause I dont know anything about sleep/wake?

Here is my config.plist

config.plist.zip

Build 16C48b installed perfectly.  It took a while but everything that once worked in El Cap works now, plus the new features of macOS Sierra.  The last two sticking points for me were (1) Brightness function keys did not work; and (2) Trackpad prefpane/Trackpad features were not the upgraded Sierra versions.  For my brightness keys, I had to modify my DSDT.  The codes that made brightness increase and decrease changed and I found some codes from a 2014 post of RehabMan's on another forum that he suggested for the F14/F15 keys.  I used them for my F2/F3 keys.  The code changes I used can be found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305030-guide-how-to-fix-brightness-hotkeys-in-dsdt/?p=2305746

As for the prefpane/new Trackpad features, I used a version of RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext that was modified by usr-sse2 to include the new Sierra prefpane.  However, his version of that kext did not work completely.  Right-clicking did not work although two-finger tapping accomplished the same purpose and did work, as does Ctrl+tap.  Still, I wanted right click to work so I took the binary file from Rehabman's most recent PS2 kext and dropped into the modified version made by usr-sse2.  That worked.  Here's the VoodooPS2Controller.kext I use:

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

• Like 2