162 posts in this topic

I changed kexts

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOUSBHostFamily.kext

IOHIDFamily.kext

AppleHIDKeyboard.kext

AppleInputDeviceSupport.kext

No help!

The keyboard is still not working. It works fine in CloverGUI.

Other keyboards work.

Don't try to change IOHIDFamily. It is dangerous, keyboard became to  live own life.

Success!

I repaired my keyboard by replacing file

/Volumes/Sierra/System/Library/HIDPlugins/IOHIDKeyboardFilter.plugin

IOHIDKeyboardFilter.plugin.zip

• Like 2

macOS 10.12.1 (16B2333a)  Works fine but changed something in USB as my X99_USB kext doesn't work any longer... 

macOS 10.12.1 (16B2333a)  works fine but it broke the newest Nvidia Web Driver again.

Patching "16B" in info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext did not work any more !

It worked for 16B2327e.

Edited on 8:14 pm on 2016-09-29

Patching "16B" in info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext still works for 16B2333a.

Because patching HDMI audio commands deleted RtVariables in config.plist which caused this error.

Edited by jsl

macOS 10.12.1 (16B2333a)  works fine but it broke the newest Nvidia Web Driver again.

Patching "16B" in info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext did not work any more !

It worked for 16B2327e.

Yeah I've become tired of screwing around with nVidia drivers so I pulled the 970 and went back to a 760 I had sitting around...

Yeah I've become tired of screwing around with nVidia drivers so I pulled the 970 and went back to a 760 I had sitting around...

It's a burden that you need to carry, if you willing the test pre-release software. :surprised:

I changed kexts

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOUSBHostFamily.kext

IOHIDFamily.kext

AppleHIDKeyboard.kext

AppleInputDeviceSupport.kext

No help!

The keyboard is still not working. It works fine in CloverGUI.

Other keyboards work.

Don't try to change IOHIDFamily. It is dangerous, keyboard became to  live own life.

Success!

I repaired my keyboard by replacing file

/Volumes/Sierra/System/Library/HIDPlugins/IOHIDKeyboardFilter.plugin

attachicon.gifIOHIDKeyboardFilter.plugin.zip

What did you change?

I confirm this file replacement fixes my post-10.12.1 beta2 keyboard issue (no [Q] + and [H] swap out). Is that a rollback from a previous version Slice?

Yes it is rollback from previous Sierra. I afraid  we have to rollback again after next update.

I hope Shiki by vit9696 can do the patch on the fly but it needs testing.

After rolling back to 10.12.0, I reinstalled 10.12.1 Developer Beta 2.  It isn't really working any better but I have figured out that the apps that wouldn't run for me were all apps that were listed in my login items in System Preferences/Users & Groups/Login Items.  The apps did not appear in my menu bar but, according to Activity Monitor, they were all running in the background and I could not get them to quit/force quit in order to restart them.  When I took them out of the startup items list and manually started them after reboot, they worked most of the time.

Anyone know what's going on or how to address this issue?

I set SIP from 0x0F to 0x0FF.  Also, my antivirus software popped up every time I started up so I temporarily uninstalled that.  No noticeable difference for either.

My system works well with the versions 10.12.1 Beta (16B2327e) and 10.12.1 PB 2.1 (16B2333a), without USB problems or other issues, but still no support from Nvídia for now. And no graphics acceleration 4k, I think I'll go back to the final version 10.12 again...

By the way, upgraded the RAM to 48GB 6x8GB, the OS only detect 40GB 5x8GB, but the Board UEFI Bios shows the correct amount in correct place.

Funny is that the operating system recognizes that the board has 8 slots, but does not recognize that are occupied 6 instead of 5, or a total of Ram installed. :blush:

post-1313347-0-07250100-1475261459_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-24396800-1475261464_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-35628000-1475261728_thumb.png

• Like 1