[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

what do you mean step backward? seems the standard intel wifi cards from these units all have 2 antennae wires. T420 and T430 is the same as T460 - 2 J0/J1 wires.

so I imagine if you put this DW1830, one need to find another antenna to connect the 3rd spot.  maybe could hijack one from the other slots?

so this was bothering me since aleixsr posted this issue on the 1st page - the acid color menu items - which is different than what Pike fixed with GfxYTile. I was seeing this color issue when I put my calendar on the LCD.

as vusun123 pointed out, changing to an alternate RGB Display profile seems to fix the problem. But for me, these alternate profiles seem to have less vibrant color space than with the native EDID.  So here is a fix:

credit to: @ejdyksenejdyksen/patch-edid.md https://gist.github.com/ejdyksen

I took his script and ran it 2 times. the original finds my external HP monitor and patches that EDID to force RGB mode. great. 

then i modified it to find my LCD and force that EDID to RGB mode too.

with both Displayoverrides in place - i.e. both displays forced to RGB - no more acid rain colors!!!

run by 

sudo ruby displayoverride-ExtMon.rb
sudo ruby displayoverride-LCD.rb
sudo cp -a DisplayV* /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/

scripts attached here... but will be in the next zip if/when it needs to be updated.

displayoverride.zip

• Like 1

what do you mean step backward? seems the standard intel wifi cards from these units all have 2 antennae wires. T420 and T430 is the same as T460 - 2 J0/J1 wires.

so I imagine if you put this DW1830, one need to find another antenna to connect the 3rd spot.  maybe could hijack one from the other slots?

T420s by default has 3 antennas, that is what I was asking. I was using a BCM94360 inside that one till the day I retired it

T420s by default has 3 antennas, that is what I was asking. I was using a BCM94360 inside that one till the day I retired it

I think it's more to do with the fact that Intel has not released an AC Wifi card with 3x3 streams:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/wireless-product-selection-guide.html

Actually I see only one 3x3 product on that list. The T420s must have used it.

A couple of minor issues i need help with,

1. Some times when i shut down from OSX, T460 restarts.

2. If last shutdown was from OSX and i remove the power plug from the T460, it powers on.

How would i go about troubleshooting these?

Thanks and happy new year everyone...

PS.

I wanted to try a Skylake SMBIOS definition.

But with the old USB_Injector.kext version used here some internal ports stop working. They only work if MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS is used (ex. the M2 bluetooth port).

Solution: Update USBInjectAll.kext to latest version from Rehabmans repo, and delete SSDT-XHC-T460.aml.

Now everything is working with a Skylake SMBIOS (tested MacBook9,1, will test MacBookPro13,1).

@Asxetos

- i dont know why it restarts on shutdown. i see this when i am in the dock - this could be a dock/usb hub issue. or something with bios. windows shut down seems to do something different. 

it seems best to eliminate the custom USB_Injector and go with the generic USBInjectAll in the future zips  - one less kext to maintain. 

smbios - is there an advantage or new features to using an newer mac model? 

I am not a hakintosh expert, i just read around that osx cpu control is more "complete" when smbios definition matches the actual cpu.

It makes sence. (I know the only user visible difference if any, will be in the logs...)

@Asxetos

- i dont know why it restarts on shutdown. i see this when i am in the dock - this could be a dock/usb hub issue. or something with bios. windows shut down seems to do something different. 

it seems best to eliminate the custom USB_Injector and go with the generic USBInjectAll in the future zips  - one less kext to maintain. 

Try disconnect all USB related devices before shutdown

Not the most practical but what can you do. It's a hackintosh not a Mac...

I have this problem with one of my colleague's HP Revolver 810 G1. This machine is supported by Rehabman's Probook 4x30s github, but it seems not fully supported. Shutdown became restart if there are any USB devices connecting to it while shutting down

issue 1: HDMI audio

I just posted a new zip with updated Audio (AppleHDA_ALC293.kext)  to support HDMI audio. Thanks to syscl who found this option in the layout for HDMI publish!

issue 2: black screen on reboot vs cold-start

I am still not sure what is going on here.  but after my LCD does a sleeps and wake, it is not quite in the same mode as a cold start. This issue shows during reboot.

my LCD is black until i get to the Login Window.  

So - In my EDID, besides removing any non-RGB options, I also changed the display bit from 6-bits to undefined. 

this mod seems to at least give me the Apple and progress bar before the Login Window shows up. without that my LCD is black and would have to close and open it to do lcd refresh.

i put this EDID in the DisplayOverride file and its a little better than total black screen!  not sure if anyone else has seen this, or perhaps this is a LCD specific issue.

issue 1: HDMI audio

I just posted a new zip with updated Audio (AppleHDA_ALC293.kext)  to support HDMI audio. Thanks to syscl who found this option in the layout for HDMI publish!

I am still not sure what is going on here.  but after my LCD does a sleeps and wake, it is not quite in the same mode as a cold start. This issue shows during reboot.

So - In my EDID, besides removing any non-RGB options, I also changed the display bit from 6-bits to undefined. 

this mod seems to at least give me the Apple and progress bar before the Login Window shows up. without that my LCD is black and would have to close and open it to do lcd refresh.

i put this EDID in the DisplayOverride file and its a little better than total black screen!  not sure if anyone else has seen this, or perhaps this is a LCD specific issue.

Thanks @tluck -- new zip works fine for me.

I did not have any issues with the Apple + progress bar bootscreen without EDID patching, although I just put it in now.

I have switched to MacbookPro13,1 for SMBIOS with updated USBInjectAll.kext instead of the custom one, and also no SSDT-XHC-T460.aml.  Seems to work for me.

Thanks @tluck -- new zip works fine for me.

I did not have any issues with the Apple + progress bar bootscreen without EDID patching, although I just put it in now.

I have switched to MacbookPro13,1 for SMBIOS with updated USBInjectAll.kext instead of the custom one, and also no SSDT-XHC-T460.aml.  Seems to work for me.

How about you and tluck post your IOReg with all of your USB plugged in so that we can make a full USB SSDT injection ? Not using one isn't really to my taste as macOS only recognizes the first 15 ports as high speed, the rest will be running at USB 2.0 speed

@vusun123 - what do mean exactly full USB SSDT? i thought i did that?!

all the ports that need to be running at USB3 are running at the right speed. there are 3 external ports + doc/hub.

I made the the SSDT to define the specific ports via the so-called UAIC device which in conjunction with USBInjectAll. 

there seem to be 12 ports in total - which include the low speed versions of the 3 USB3 ports +  internal items: BT, touch screen, finger print etc. 

i originally tried to make a custom usb injector - but then went back and built the SSDT. now i added USBInjectAll but i run with SSDT (which of course defines the UIAC device)

| |   | +-o XHC@14000000  <class AppleUSBXHCISPTLP, id 0x10000022b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (21531 ms), retain 698>
    | |   |   |   "IOClass" = "AppleUSBXHCISPTLP"
    | |   |   |   "name" = <"XHC">
    | |   |   |   "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","AAPL,current-available"=<34080000>,"AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep"=<34080000>,"AAPL,current-extra"=<98080000>,"AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep"=<40060000>,"acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000"}
    | |   |   |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI"
    | |   |   +-o HS01@14100000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x10000023e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 10>
    | |   |   |     "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP0@1"}
    | |   |   +-o HS02@14200000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000241, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 11>
    | |   |   |     "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP1@2"}
    | |   |   +-o HS03@14300000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000242, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 10>
    | |   |   |     "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP2@3"}
    | |   |   +-o HS04@14400000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000243, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5825 ms), retain 14>
    | |   |   | |   "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP3@4"}
    | |   |   +-o HS06@14500000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000244, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 10>
    | |   |   |     "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP5@6"}
    | |   |   +-o HS07@14600000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000245, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4040 ms), retain 13>
    | |   |   | |   "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP6@7"}
    | |   |   +-o HS08@14700000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000246, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (10587 ms), retain 13>
    | |   |   | |   "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP7@8"}
    | |   |   +-o HS10@14800000  <class AppleUSB20XHCIPort, id 0x100000247, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (10522 ms), retain 14>
    | |   |   | |   "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/HSP9@a"}
    | |   |   +-o SS13@14900000  <class AppleUSB30XHCIPort, id 0x100000248, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 14>
    | |   |   |     "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/SSP0@d"}
    | |   |   +-o SS15@14a00000  <class AppleUSB30XHCIPort, id 0x100000249, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 14>
    | |   |   |     "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/SSP2@f"}
    | |   |   +-o SS16@14b00000  <class AppleUSB30XHCIPort, id 0x10000024a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (13803 ms), retain 18>
    | |   |   | |   "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/SSP3@10"}
    | |   |   +-o SS18@14c00000  <class AppleUSB30XHCIPort, id 0x10000024b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 14>
    | |   |         "device-properties" = {"acpi-device"="IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable","acpi-path"="IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/XHC@140000/URTH@0/SSP5@12"}

what i could use some help and advice is getting rid of the hiss/static i get when i plug in my iPhone headset i.e. use LineIn (microphone)

How about you and tluck post your IOReg with all of your USB plugged in so that we can make a full USB SSDT injection ? Not using one isn't really to my taste as macOS only recognizes the first 15 ports as high speed, the rest will be running at USB 2.0 speed

Here's mine if it helps.

post-1726578-0-39175900-1483424805_thumb.png

Another question -- is anyone getting weird behaviour for nvram.plist?  It seems to like to write to both / and root directory of ESP?  The / version keeps returning no matter how many times I delete it, and this one is loaded preferentially.  Once a copy is stored in /, it seems to stop updating and writes to nvram.plist in the ESP instead, but upon boot, it loads the values from /.  Would appreciate any advice regarding this.  I'm assuming it has to do with the rc.boot.d and rc.shutdown.d save_and_rotate_boot_log.local and save_nvram_plist.local scripts, but I have not changed those from what Clover put there.

Edit:  Seems like it's this issue:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-603?do=findComment&comment=2339408

Probably needs to be fixed in future versions of Clover scripts?

Same behaviour. Lcd is black on reboot until nvram backlight setting is applied (before the login window, I can see the brightness change). Then the lcd comes on and I can see the rest of the boot progress.

One more annoying behaviour is that some times the press key bla-bla (if you want to press F1 or F12 for setup or boot menu) is not displayed from cold start. No way to get to setup for example until you reboot.

Of course I guess this has nothing to do with OSX.

Same behaviour. Lcd is black on reboot until nvram backlight setting is applied (before the login window, I can see the brightness change). Then the lcd comes on and I can see the rest of the boot progress.

One more annoying behaviour is that some times the press key bla-bla (if you want to press F1 or F12 for setup or boot menu) is not displayed from cold start. No way to get to setup for example until you reboot.

Of course I guess this has nothing to do with OSX.

Are you always mounting the ESP on boot?  It seems like if the ESP is not mounted nvram.plist will save to / instead of root of ESP.  Is there another way around this?

Are you always mounting the ESP on boot?  It seems like if the ESP is not mounted nvram.plist will save to / instead of root of ESP.  Is there another way around this?

No. I do not mount the ESP on boot, but I did notice this behaviour myself.

Those issues, the nvram.plist location and the black lcd on boot (I can swear I've seen the black lcd issue from cold boot also) are totally erratic.

I did a few boots -reboots today to check and nvram.plist sticked in the ESP.  :unsure:

PS.

How the f**k can we make the power button work (i.e. shutdown the laptop???)

I was searching a lot in the net, but didn't find a solution.  3 Finger-Swipe with  LEFT and RIGHT doesn't work for me. Only with the when I use the default settings from the voodops2trackpad, I can use 3 Finger-Swipe.

Neither 2 Finger Swipe (left and right) is working. Only swiping with 2 fingers from top to bottom (and vice versa).

Does this problem occur on T460, too? 

regarding LCD problems: I haven't seen the problems you mentioned. I didn't have to change anything with color profile or anything and I don't have any glitches/problems.

Is your Macbook also running as MacBookPro11,1?

USB3 

- there is a patch to change the 15 port limit to 26 in the config.plist.

- As in mangyver's picture there are 18 ports - the SSDT-XHC define which of the 18 ports are actually used. in my case it 12 - this eliminates dead/not present ports.

- in the recent zip i forgot to include USBInjectAll.kext - I will fix that!

nvram.plist location

- yeah the clover developers are changing the location of EmuVariable and nvram.plist to write to the ESP but the current scripts are messed up and sometimes cant write to ESP so write to /

-  i tested some new scripts that syscl wrote to clean it up and they consistently write to ESP (all of them currently)

- stay tuned as the changes will be implemented in a new version clover as they decide the details.

2-finger vs  3-Finger swipe

- 3 finger swipe is implemented for back/forward

- 2 finger swipe for above is not coded

- 2 finger will scroll up/down left/right on a page

LCD black 

- i found that a patched EDID helps some. but i am not sure this is entirely a backlight issue. i dont see the clover icons unless i do a cold shutdown and start sometimes.

Power button

- i will double check this - maybe sleeppresstime should be 0 (instead of 1500 ms)

- push and hold power for 3 seconds - count 1 thousand 2 thousand 3 thousand - i get a popup menu - then i let power go and can select options: restart sleep cancel shutdown

- push and let power button go immediately - turns screen black and initiates sleep

LCD black 

- i found that a patched EDID helps some. but i am not sure this is entirely a backlight issue. i dont see the clover icons unless i do a cold shutdown and start sometimes.

Thx for your response.

2-finger swipe works as you said... you can scroll on a page left/right/up/down

3-finger swipe works on my side with up/down, but not left/right. Ill invest some time to check if it works on a t560 when I copy your settings 1:1.

• Like 1

USB3 

- there is a patch to change the 15 port limit to 26 in the config.plist.

- As in mangyver's picture there are 18 ports - the SSDT-XHC define which of the 18 ports are actually used. in my case it 12 - this eliminates dead/not present ports.

- in the recent zip i forgot to include USBInjectAll.kext - I will fix that!

nvram.plist location

- yeah the clover developers are changing the location of EmuVariable and nvram.plist to write to the ESP but the current scripts are messed up and sometimes cant write to ESP so write to /

-  i tested some new scripts that syscl wrote to clean it up and they consistently write to ESP (all of them currently)

- stay tuned as the changes will be implemented in a new version clover as they decide the details.

LCD black 

Power button

- i will double check this - maybe sleeppresstime should be 0 (instead of 1500 ms)

- push and hold power for 3 seconds - count 1 thousand 2 thousand 3 thousand - i get a popup menu - then i let power go and can select options: restart sleep cancel shutdown

- push and let power button go immediately - turns screen black and initiates sleep

Could I ask how to determine the number of ports used?  I plugged in USB drives on all my ports, and I'm only seeing 6 for mine...

I'm using a ssdt for these 6 ports now, but I'd like to use yours going forward as it's a bit of pain to keep it updated.  Could I ask that HS09 be enabled in your XHC ssdt?  It seems to be in use for me but not for your T460.

Could I ask how to determine the number of ports used?  I plugged in USB drives on all my ports, and I'm only seeing 6 for mine...

I'm using a ssdt for these 6 ports now, but I'd like to use yours going forward as it's a bit of pain to keep it updated.  Could I ask that HS09 be enabled in your XHC ssdt?  It seems to be in use for me but not for your T460.

Use a 2.0 device in both ports, then 3.0 device in both ports ( doesn't have to be simultaneous, you can try it separately )

re- updated the zip - audio kext mods

- added ambient noise for external mic input - less hiss with lower boost levels.

- added extra Output -  LineOut for dock audio

- included syscl's updated nvram save scripts for /etc/rc.shutdown.d etc

@mangyver 

- i added the HS09 port - it's the finger print reader for me. 

Edited by tluck