[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

Successfully updated to a Titan X (Maxwell)!

(and no, not running a Xeon, it's a 6950x  :P )

3JtzKgq.png

On that note, created another guide on how to create a SSDT-BR3A.aml (graphics injection) without using DTGP (same as Shiloh's method.. advantage over DTGP is that you don't need to edit the DSDT.aml):

GPU Injection via SSDT (non-DTGP)

• Like 1

Successfully updated to a Titan X (Maxwell)!

(and no, not running a Xeon, it's a 6950x :P )

3JtzKgq.png

On that note, created another guide on how to create a SSDT-BR3A.aml (graphics injection) without using DTGP (same as Shiloh's method.. advantage over DTGP is that you don't need to edit the DSDT.aml):

GPU Injection via SSDT (non-DTGP)

As PMheart says, congratulations! With 12.3 and NV support I also do the party, as long as it is not a Pascal card ?

@Fergarth

Hi. First of all sorry for delaying replying. Recently I'm a bit busy and may rarely view InsanelyMac.

About sound. If you use @toleda's script, then I think you may be currently using a patched AppleHDA. You can check this by running:

sudo kextutil /S*/L*/E*/AppleHDA.kext

If no output, then sorry. Your AppleHDA is vanilla/untouched. Else you may use a patched AppleHDA. In this you can try my method very above...

About graphics. Just wait for NV for new web drivers... Or downgrade to 10.12.3...

• Like 2

@Fergarth....did you update to 10,12,4 beta 5? With my Xeon kernel patches don't work anymore...so maybe there is something different in kernel!!

Please try if you can and leave me feedback, thanks

It's confirmed...fabiosun too tried the last beta and he has KP with all different solutions of patches in config.plist

• Like 1

@Fergarth....did you update to 10,12,4 beta 5? With my Xeon kernel patches don't work anymore...so maybe there is something different in kernel!!

Please try if you can and leave me feedback, thanks

It's confirmed...fabiosun too tried the last beta and he has KP with all different solutions of patches in config.plist

Hi friend,

Yes, I did the update, but I encountered the same problem as you. I am currently trying to find a solution to the (new) patch problem and I will get it as usual :) 

I'll report it later.

• Like 1

Maybe a new Kernel from apple?

If so we have to find new kernel Patches location...

I already managed to complete the boot but only once and after a few minutes the system restarted and I could not do it anymore. Now I'm in Windows editing the plist with a mix of old and new patches and making tests... if this went always well, it would not be fun lol :hysterical:

I already managed to complete the boot but only once and after a few minutes the system restarted and I could not do it anymore. Now I'm in Windows editing the plist with a mix of old and new patches and making tests... if this went always well, it would not be fun lol :hysterical:

Don't waste time my friend...it seems that kernel has changed so every previous patch will not work with new update.

• Like 1

Don't waste time my friend...it seems that kernel has changed so every previous patch will not work with new update.

Yes, it will probably be what you say. But I do not give up easily and I'll make some more attempts... B) 

Thank you

for me using part of this config (kernel patch) do not work

In my case system hangs here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316516-macos-sierra-on-broadwell-eep-not-a-guide-but-maybe-a-working-in-progress/page-24?do=findComment&comment=2380733

Precisely, same here! This is where my reboot... I've done all the tests and some more and definitely with the 12.4 beta 5, i came back to have nightmares! :(

• Like 1

Thank you

for me using part of this config (kernel patch) do not work

In my case system hangs here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316516-macos-sierra-on-broadwell-eep-not-a-guide-but-maybe-a-working-in-progress/page-24?do=findComment&comment=2380733?

Do You using any patched dsdt or ssdt for device? Try to delete them and boot system

• Like 1

Hi. Well. I'm back. I checked some byte values, but I didn't find out any patches changed. I've checked these patches, but none of them changed... So the patches will still work IMHO.

And also. If the kernel patches changed, then you may even not see -v log, just an early reboot or kernel error instead. So I don't think this is related to kernel...

It looks actually more like X86PlatformPlugin related problems cuz once I got this as well - and finally solved it by tuning something in X86 (Sorry I've forgotten the exact ones)

Sorry. Recently I'm somehow busy and goodbye. :)

Regards.

• Like 1

Hi PMHearth

Try to see location in kernel related to reboot fix patches

I will try with your patches suggested in other thread

Thank you

What's the exact one?

No. Never take a look at kernel location. It may be changed at each update...

After the 12.4 beta 5, I only managed to open it once and still had time to make a print, then restarted and did not open anymore.

I have tried several patches, with and without DSDT, single user, safe mode and I can not pass this, from here it restarts... I think it's not even because of the patches I use, but may need something new. I think I'm going back to the previous Sierra :yes: 

This time this is fighting.

post-1313347-0-47434400-1489082608_thumb.jpg

post-1313347-0-65008400-1489082686_thumb.png

After the 12.4 beta 5, I only managed to open it once and still had time to make a print, then restarted and did not open anymore.

I have tried several patches, with and without DSDT, single user, safe mode and I can not pass this, from here it restarts... I think it's not even because of the patches I use, but may need something new. I think I'm going back to the previous Sierra :yes: 

Do you use brumbaer patch in clover kext to patch section?

• Like 1

Try removing Pike's SSDT/XCPM patches. That way you can at least eliminate CPU variables.

I'd then eliminate everything one by one and see if it's kext related (including any corresponding patches).

• Like 1

Do you use brumbaer patch in clover kext to patch section?

Yes thenightflyer I'm using.

What I have used for a long time is attached. I have only changed/reduced one or other XCPM patch, but it always worked perfectly until 12.4 beta 4

config.rar

Using Patches linked here I have two different hangs (no reboot but it stops there)

first one using fakecpuid 0x040674

second one without fakecpuid

(10.12.4 beta 5)

If you have any idea to test you are welcome! :-)

Hi. Could you please upload a relatively complete -v log? These pieces of information are too little to debug...  ;)

But at least. I saw a "backtrace" in your first photo, which should be a kernel panic. And got nothing in the 2nd picture.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have the following hardware:

ASRock X99E-itx/ac using a 5960x

RAM Patriot 32GB

SSD Crucial MX-300 1TB

ASUS GTX 960 4GB

And I tried to make fresh install of 10.12.3, without any success.

I created flash drive (USB 3.0 32GB) with 10.12.3, then installed latest Clover on it and then copied files from 'Mac osx Installer' archive.

After all recommended settings in BIOS, I tried boot, but unfortunately without success.

What's wrong?

Could you please help me with right setup?

Thanks!