[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i still have troubles with the boot into the installation.

I guess that the process to create the bootable usb could be wrong. Can you help me and check what is wrong with the process?

- I open "install Mac OS Sierra" and open InstallESD.dmg in shared support and copy the content into the desktop

-Then I format the usb stick with Guid and Mac os journaled

-Now I mount basesystem.dmg and restore into the usb stick and copy the files that i had put on the desktop except packages folder.

-Now I copy packages into System/Installation and delete packages link.

-I copy kernels, framework and extentions folders of the zip file into System/Library.

-I delete Appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and Appletymcedriver.kext from Extentions

-Now I put the latest versions of FakeSmc, Nullcpupowermanagment and generalusbxhci into Extentions

-Finally i put enoch into the usb with kernel.plist

At the boot i tried boot args like npci=0x2000 or CsrActiveConfig=103 etc. with no result.

Thank you

Thanks for your new kernel.

Unfortunately I got kernel panic again for Phenom X4 9850 at 10.12GM.

But it works for FX-6300 at 10.12GM as previous one.

For Phenom II X6 1405T hackintosh I got the same kernel panic as Phenom X4 9850 at 10.12GM(322).

Hope someone can provide SSE 4.1 emulator for AMD non-FX CPUs user as soon as possible !

Hmm , no good . I think that need to close the project for old's cpus . 

Please don't give up this project so quickly.

You have made the greatest contribution to FX-6xxx/FX-8xxx users up to now !

• Like 1

Hi guys, i still have troubles with the boot into the installation.

I guess that the process to create the bootable usb could be wrong. Can you help me and check what is wrong with the process?

- I open "install Mac OS Sierra" and open InstallESD.dmg in shared support and copy the content into the desktop

-Then I format the usb stick with Guid and Mac os journaled

-Now I mount basesystem.dmg and restore into the usb stick and copy the files that i had put on the desktop except packages folder.

-Now I copy packages into System/Installation and delete packages link.

-I copy kernels, framework and extentions folders of the zip file into System/Library.

-I delete Appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and Appletymcedriver.kext from Extentions

-Now I put the latest versions of FakeSmc, Nullcpupowermanagment and generalusbxhci into Extentions

-Finally i put enoch into the usb with kernel.plist

At the boot i tried boot args like npci=0x2000 or CsrActiveConfig=103 etc. with no result.

Thank you

I think you missed one step for PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices/

Please check previous post by Spakk Post#132

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-tests/page-7?p=2306959&do=findComment&comment=2306959

Edited by jsl

I still have the same issue, I know Support for macpro 3.1 etc was dropped my Smbios is imac14.1, same problem, i will try with the kernel.plist

I install Sierra on my real Mac, then I'll check if it works :)

Edit:

Huge problems to install sierra 10.12 on my old iMac 2010, although I use a suitable patch for unsupportetd Mac's. now I'm trying to install using pacifist. I hope that I will succeed.

EDIT:

I passed the diagnostics test, now the installation succeeded successfully. :) That was a tough fight. Probably we must proceed similarly with AMD hackintosh.I will write later something about the Installation of Sierra.

Edit:
To create the USB installer use either the tool from @dosdude1 or DiskMaker X6  or the tool from Chris1111 or what else you want to use.
It is important to note that, after has been completed the USB Installer and after has been completed the installation, you has to be changed the origin PlatformSupport.plist with the modified PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices/
This is also the case, the installation will succeed...at least so I could install sierra successfully.

I cant use Pandoras, it wont work on my pc, wont even run, As for the Chris one, i cant find it anywhere and the project looks dead in water, DiskmakerX is another that wont run for me, in fact the only tool ive managed to use is unibeast7

The fact is, the kernel is currently booting on amd fx cpus. For all other amd cpus there is no hope at the moment. They should still be patient until one solution is realized.

• Like 1

The fact is, the kernel is currently booting on amd fx cpus. For all other amd cpus there is no hope at the moment. They should still be patient until one solution is realized.

Totally agreed.

Even with FX CPUs it only works at 10.12GM(16A323/322), not at 10.12.1(16B) or 10.12.2(16C) yet.

MY cpu is AMD FX, A Phenom2 Quad, ive tried all 4 kernels posted, a million boot flags and the kernel.plist etc etc etc, and still i only get a KP, so effectively No, this kernel is not booting all FX cpus, therefore i can only conclude that there has to be other Hardware compatibility issues in play here, not sure what, what i know so far is this -

1 - I get kernel panic every attempt, regardless of Bios settings used.

2 - Tried all available solutions and kernels and creation apps.

3 - i conclude its a Hardware issue on my system, im thinking possibly Graphics card, its a very old 3D card, a Geforce 9600GTS, although it works natively on El Capitan.

So i dont really know what else i can do, if these kernels are booting other FX cpus, then why not mine, its a strange one, i have seen lads reporting Success with Pandoras box, which i have downloaded and installed, But that doesnt even seem to work for me, wont run at all, so, im lost, this is where i need all You Dev guys, the ones the ones with The Knowledge to come up trumps lol.

I HAVE TO ADD, you have all been amazing, the support to get Sierra working has been so much Faster than it was on El Capitan, Top marks to all you guys, Keep up the great work, it is GREATLY appreciated.

Just to add to the above, i see no further instructions avail as to the Structure on the USB disk, If installing ENOCH, do we need to have the EXTRA folder in the root of USB, ive tried with and without etc and no difference, i just wondered, i see no info anywhere on this, only Make the Usb, and Boot, Surely the EXTRA folder with the SMBIOS, Kernel.Plist and Extensions folder etc is needed?

MY cpu is AMD FX, A Phenom2 Quad, ive tried all 4 kernels posted, a million boot flags and the kernel.plist etc etc etc, and still i only get a KP, so effectively No, this kernel is not booting all FX cpus, therefore i can only conclude that there has to be other Hardware compatibility issues in play here, not sure what, what i know so far is this -

1 - I get kernel panic every attempt, regardless of Bios settings used.

2 - Tried all available solutions and kernels and creation apps.

3 - i conclude its a Hardware issue on my system, im thinking possibly Graphics card, its a very old 3D card, a Geforce 9600GTS, although it works natively on El Capitan.

So i dont really know what else i can do, if these kernels are booting other FX cpus, then why not mine, its a strange one, i have seen lads reporting Success with Pandoras box, which i have downloaded and installed, But that doesnt even seem to work for me, wont run at all, so, im lost, this is where i need all You Dev guys, the ones the ones with The Knowledge to come up trumps lol.

I HAVE TO ADD, you have all been amazing, the support to get Sierra working has been so much Faster than it was on El Capitan, Top marks to all you guys, Keep up the great work, it is GREATLY appreciated.

Just to add to the above, i see no further instructions avail as to the Structure on the USB disk, If installing ENOCH, do we need to have the EXTRA folder in the root of USB, ive tried with and without etc and no difference, i just wondered, i see no info anywhere on this, only Make the Usb, and Boot, Surely the EXTRA folder with the SMBIOS, Kernel.Plist and Extensions folder etc is needed?

Please check cpu-x at 10.11.x:

If your AMD CPU belong to FX family, glitching icons must be found on your desktop and SSE 4.1 should be listed as its instruction set.

If your AMD CPU is Phenom II family, there is no glitching icons and only SSE 4a listed.

No support for AMD CPUs without SSE 4.1 at present.

According to my knowledge Phenom II X4 CPUs are NOT FX CPUs  I mean Bulldozer Family (32 nm) or newer ones.

AMD Athlon x4 860k CPU was working because it supports SSE 4.1 too.

• Like 1

If your AMD CPU belong to FX family, glitching must be found on your desktop and SSE 4.1 should be listed as its instruction set.

If your AMD CPU is Phenom II family, there is no glitching  and only SSE 4a listed.

According to my knowledge Phenom II X4 CPUs are NOT FX CPUs  I mean Bulldozer Family (32 nm) or newer ones.

MY CPU is AMD PHENOM 2 x4 940 -

FEATURES -

MMX instructions
Extensions to MMX
3DNow! technology
Extensions to 3DNow!
SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
SSE4a  
AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology  ? 
EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection  ? 
AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology

This is my CPU PART NUMBER - HDZ940XCJ4DGI

Perhaps anyone can advise if this will work, or will i have to wait for a new kernel, i see people with older cpus that clearly dont support SSE4 getting Sierra working, so id assume my cpu is ok, but maybe not supported in this kernel release.

According to my knowledge Phenom II X4 CPUs are NOT FX CPUs  I mean Bulldozer Family (32 nm) or newer ones.

According to the AMD website it is FX, and the box says it is, so i guess if it isnt then AMD lied LOL.

If your AMD CPU belong to FX family, glitching must be found on your desktop and SSE 4.1 should be listed as its instruction set.

If your AMD CPU is Phenom II family, there is no glitching  and only SSE 4a listed.

MY CPU is AMD PHENOM 2 x4 940 -

FEATURES -

MMX instructions
Extensions to MMX
3DNow! technology
Extensions to 3DNow!
SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
SSE2 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
SSE3 / Streaming SIMD Extensions 3
SSE4a  
AMD64 / AMD 64-bit technology  ? 
EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection  ? 
AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology

Just as my expectation.

This Phenom II X4 940 CPU with SSE4a is not supported by Bronya's 10.12 kernel yet !

Please don't waste your time and effort to test it now.

Waiting for the new kernel with SSE4.1 emulator is the best solution now.

Ok, well that clears that up then, oh well, back to my trusty El Cap till new kernel, i Noticed Bronya mentioned Inc 4.1 Emu in nxt release, hopefully that will be soon, gutted, it installs ok with clover on my I5 Laptop, unfortunatley i have an Un-Supported ATI card in laptop and WiFi wont work either, so, no way round it, need to wait for new AMD Kernel.

Hello,

I use a Pandora's Box for create the usb installer from 10.12 GM and then:

- copy Bronya kernel on /System/Library/Kernels

- merge IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

- delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and AppleTyMCEdriver.kext from /System/Library/Extentions

- copy System.kext from Bronya kernel tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy latest versions of FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy all kext in USBFix v3 tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices

- copy kernel.plist in ENOCH

- repair permission and regenerate cache

all right?

Hello,

I use a Pandora's Box for create the usb installer from 10.12 GM and then:

- copy Bronya kernel on /System/Library/Kernels

- merge IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

- delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and AppleTyMCEdriver.kext from /System/Library/Extentions

- copy System.kext from Bronya kernel tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy latest versions of FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy all kext in USBFix v3 tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices

- copy kernel.plist in ENOCH

- repair permission and regenerate cache

all right?

My working 10.12GM was replaced instead of merge IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks.

The above procedures were applied to working Intel hackintosh, then booting it as eSATA in AMD hackintosh.

Perfect working in 10.12GM(16A322) for my FX-6300 now.

Some of the problems that i had was because of the USB V3 FIX apparently most of those kexts are outdated or compiled with wrong headers so i restored vanilla kexts except IOBDStorageFamily.kext,IOUSBFamily.kext(inside i replaced IOUSBHIDDriver.kext plugin with vanilla),IOUSBHostFamily.kext,IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext. Kernel prelinks now without errors (using Bronya's System.kext) i have mouse settings and keyboard types on system prefs and all my USB ports are still working fine.

You have use this kext: ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/?st=30#commentsStart 

if yes V3?

which file?

IOBDStorageFamily.kext,IOUSBFamily.kext, ,IOUSBHostFamily.kext,IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext ?

thanks