Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

I am using macpro 6.1 definition. You don't need to use any kext or modify kext. Just fully apply patch in clover which I shared on my original post. Still working SIerra GM as well.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-08292016/?p=2274555

is it useful for imac17.1 system definition?

is it useful for imac17.1 system definition?

If you have discrete gpu can work I think, didn't test it yet on that. Reason that i'm using 6.1, ui somehow seems to appearing more smooth to me (could be placebo). I'm also attaching whole config file (SMBIOS nuked) here without SMBIOS section. Can be easily populated with clover configurator.

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

Maybe my experience is just entirely unrelated,

when I trialled the first beta version of Sierra I did it in a new partition created on my existing El Capitan install SSD, booted the system from clover installed in el capitan EFI. All my relevant kexts have always been in the clover extra folder, so no need to create a folder for 10.12.

I have a skylake processor so I am using iMac 17.1 system def. After reaching desktop on first beta install I changed the appropriate board ID status to none, installed the Nvidia web driver for my GTX970 and rebooted with NVDA_drv=1 boot flag still set, this was always set, and never changed this at any time. On subsequent Sierra beta updates, I found it was first necessary to uninstall the Nvidia web drivers before rebooting and installing new beta version or I got a black screen on second stage boot, even with NV_disable flag set.

I am currently running Sierra GM using same procedure for install with full GPU acceleration (or what passes for full acceleration on my hack, lol).

Hope this helps

• Like 1

This topic has become absolutely painful to read..

:yes:

+2

It's for a while that I'm keeping an eye on the way that things took in this topic but afraid of being in the censorship, I just let these things go.  :(

@ ALL

Guys, It will be more helpful if we stay focused on the main theme which is testing the last nvidia web driver on our hackintosh, especially in macOS Sierra (as this is its dedicated topic   :P  ).

You don't have to write a novel to make us understand that you have a problem, especially when this problem is not necessarily related to the web driver.

All posts must be clearly written and easy to read.

Thank you all for your understanding.   ;)

Best regards

• Like 4

It's for a while that I'm keeping an eye on the way that things took in this topic but afraid of being in the censorship, I just let these things go.  :(

My proposal is to open a topic specific to discuss 

the graphical problems found in the Sierra and so try to 

solves them in the best possible way.

and we can begin to do this, migrating some of the post 

from here to this new topic, well, it's only my thought.

• Like 1

exactly just like xxdd said

you need to have emuvariable installed

i also will like to add or ask brocklanders this , do you have your boot loader installed in your bootable hard drive or are you booting from a usb flash drive?

make sure you have clover installed in your bootable hard drive and you have the latest version of clover install

use ShowHiddenFiles.app click on show special files and make sure you have nvram.plist in root of your bootable sierra drive

to revert the settings simply click on hide special files

do not use a usb to boot the hard drive

install the boot loader in the hard drive and boot from there

so clover can read nvram.plist from the hard drive

also you are only running one command and not the complete set of commands

make sure the run the complete command list

like a said before there are may things to take under consideration like are you using fast boot

do yo have csmvideodxe installed on clover

So thank you for the response. I was unable to post last night as the discussion boards were down, but I did a bit of research after looking at some other entries from other forums. Imtheonlyone4ever you were ultimately correct. My install of Sierra is on a drive separate from my El Capitan install which has the Clover EFI. I found that there was no nvram.plist in the Sierra root. After adding nvram.plist to the root of the Sierra drive with the appropriate boot args, my GTX 970 is recognized and drivers are loaded appropriately!! Now i just got to fix my broadcom BT/WIFI...

So I wonder for all of those who are having trouble with these drivers on Sierra, have you checked to see if there is a nvram.plist in the root of your Sierra install HD?? This helps explain why no nvram boot args carry over etc. I also had to delete the piker graphics fix in my kernel patches in clover config.plist. Then all you need is v 1.3 of AGPDfix to enable graphics output on imac 15,1 or 17,1 or the mac pro 6,1.

I hope that makes sense

thank you you are very nice and cool i'm happy that you got it working.

as for the other person comment joe75 about that the topic has become painfully to read, so you want me to apologies because my english is not perfect, "sorry for my bad english" even my english is painful to read, blocklanders understood me and got his card working, and don't say you didn't said that because of me, be a man and backup your words and if you actually didn't say it because of me, you know those kind of comment make people feel people bad, specially people who can't write english 100% but you know what is all good anyway because blocklanders comment made me feel good with his positive comment. im also happy that he got his card working.

even with my broken down english which i already know is not perfect but thanks for the complement anyway joe, maybe you will not understand this because is painful to read, so i see your comment as a rude comment but if i said rude things to you then i get ban from the forum. that's why i'm not going to say anything but if you have something to say be direct and specific and don't make those comments that make people feel bad. thank you i hope this don't be to painful to read but i'm sure anybody with an average brain can understand. there are more countries around the world and the world is not just the streets around your house. i will like to see you try to talk or write in another language. professor

this my last post

you have to use nvram that is stored in sierra boot drive because that nvram contains the nvda=drv value that the nvda_drv from El Capitan don’t have

because El Capitan don't use that new value

if you use another hard drive boot loader , yes it will boot the system , yes that hard drive also has nvram.plist

but that file do not have the value that is require for the graphic card to work in sierra

so most likely the problem that most people are having is because they are booting sierra from clover boot loader that is installed in El Capitan Hard drive or partition

just make sure that sierra got his own boot loader installed on its own bootable sierra drive

i’m done here , i wish everybody good luck and success

all i wanted to do was help

but it seems that it bothers some people

• Like 1

this my last post

you have to use nvram that is stored in sierra boot drive because that nvram contains the nvda=drv value that the nvda_drv from El Capitan don’t have

if you use another hard drive boot loader , yes it will boot the system , yes that hard drive also has nvram.plist

but that file do not have the value that is require for the graphic card to work in sierra

so most likely the problem that most people are having is because they are booting sierra from clover boot loader that is installed in El Capitan Hard drive or partition

just make sure that sierra got his own boot loader installed on its own bootable sierra drive

Eww giz Why so salty honey? Anyways boys calm your {censored} down and don't do dumb stuff. 

Sierra should get its own Hard driver packed with its own Bootloader. Why? Because it has its own particularities!

put Emuvariable under clover folder then run commands and you're done. 

as for the other person comment joe75 about that the topic has become painfully to read, so you want me to apologies because my english is not perfect, "sorry for my bad english" even my english is painful to read, blocklanders understood me and got his card working, and don't say you didn't said that because of me, be a man and backup your words and if you actually didn't say it because of me, you know those kind of comment make people feel people bad, specially people who can't write english 100% but you know what is all good anyway because blocklanders comment made me feel good with his positive comment. im also happy that he got his card working.

even with my broken down english which i already know is not perfect but thanks for the complement anyway joe, maybe you will not understand this because is painful to read, so i see your comment as a rude comment but if i said rude things to you then i get ban from the forum. that's why i'm not going to say anything but if you have something to say be direct and specific and don't make those comments that make people feel bad. thank you i hope this don't be to painful to read but i'm sure anybody with an average brain can understand. there are more countries around the world and the world is not just the streets around your house. i will like to see you try to talk or write in another language. professor

My comment has nothing to do with your "bad english". Many people here speak bad english :P

It is in regards to the content.. This is a topic about the web drivers, not about how you can't get them to work.  This topic is not to educate you about your boot manager or any other fix needed outside of the web drivers. There is a bunch of nonsense going back and forth with the posts about the nvram command. As fantomas pointed out, your problems are not from the drivers at all, but instead are with clover and your inability to properly use your boards nvram space..

• Like 3

this my last post

everyone has different kinds of ideas about the same problem..so ignore those nonsense things..but i think you slove graphics cards balck screen problem for me..i learn much more from you..you have done a great work. thank you 

i just enable gtx 970 successfully on sierra for my friends.. so no problems with  your graphics cards....yes ,you can do that and try 

I've updated my Web Drivers to the latest GM one, and still black screen!?

I'm starting to lose my head at this point ...

NVRAM is consistent and has nvda_drv=1 every boot, all patches are restored (so no patches), running iMac14,2...

I wouldn't know what the cause would be at this point ...

Any ideas?  :rolleyes:

-Duncan 

I've got fingers crossed here that THIS patch (GM) will at last support HDMI audio.... no problem with Graphics on my GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA) on 3 monitors but not even a hint of audio!!!

Has the driver actually been updated even? I simply updated from PB7 and the same driver worked,,,

I've got fingers crossed here that THIS patch (GM) will at last support HDMI audio.... no problem with Graphics on my GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA) on 3 monitors but not even a hint of audio!!!

Has the driver actually been updated even? I simply updated from PB7 and the same driver worked,,,

To answer my own question... ABSOLUTELY NOT...

driver updated for???

It's the same driver that has been in use since PB 3 or thereabouts! When will the HDMI audio fix come????

I've been trying to get this working for hours, but I cannot get my PC to keep the Nvidia driver selection. I installed with nv_Disable=1, rebooted and then set the Nvidia driver as the driver to use, rebooted with nvda_drv=1, still no luck. Telling me I have 5mb of VRAM lol. Is this happening to anyone else? I've tried a fresh install 3 times now. Tried forcing nvda_drv=1 with terminal. Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo, w/ intel 6700k and GTX960.. 

• Like 1

Back to the main discussion, though.  :)

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 has been updated to support the last macOS 10.12 GM build 16A320.

Please, check the first page post #1.

Regards

Using this driver originally, I had issues until i edited the graphics device policy kext. 

Edited by fantomas1
"off topic" removed!!!

Guys, I just removed a lot of "off topic" posts - In my previous post, I asked you to stay focused on the main discussion.

All agdpfix, smbios and nvram issues have nothing to do with this thread. We already have dedicated topics for that so you can use our "research feature" to find them.

In order to keep this topic clean, all "off topic" posts will be deleted without warning!!!

I'm counting on your understanding.  ;)

Regards

• Like 5

The new GM driver still cannot detect my GTX 750 TI.

So bad. I can load into the system. However, when using Chrome, a lot of flickering in screen.

This was exactly the issue I had following updates from PB5 to PB7 - simply could not get this driver to stick at all! I eventually downpaded PB7 again and made a fresh install stick. Installed a clean copy and used my existing Clover for El Capitan to boot )having moved kexts to a 10.12 folder in my case (Though "Other" will do just as well). Once I booted and installed the driver this time... I had 2 monitors working out of 3. On the next reboot 3 out of 3 and all working on this driver. Only issue though is that there is NO HDMI AUDIO!!!! But still... better than that annoying flickering and lack of graphic acceleration. I can now boot without any flags at all!

Try it! May work for you too!

I have since updated to the GM and the same driver installed prior to the update still works fine which is why I am very suspicious  about the  comment

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 has been updated to support the last macOS 10.12 GM build 16A320.

More like the post has been updated to say that the same driver we have been using since PB3 still works! Seems doubtful any work has been done on it though...

• Like 1

I have since updated to the GM and the same driver installed prior to the update still works fine which is why I am very suspicious  about the  comment

More like the post has been updated to say that the same driver we have been using since PB3 still works! Seems doubtful any work has been done on it though...

I'm afraid that's all what it is.  :(

And unfortunately, don't think things will change with public release (367.10.10.05f01).  :no:

• Like 1

Guys, I just removed a lot of "off topic" posts - In my previous post, I asked you to stay focused on the main discussion.

All agdpfix, smbios and nvram issues have nothing to do with this thread. We already have dedicated topics for that so you can use our "research feature" to find them.

In order to keep this topic clean, all "off topic" posts will be deleted without warning!!!

I'm counting on your understanding.  ;)

Regards

Is that okay to posting / discussing about performance of driver (specially related with metal) or would be considered as off-topic as well ? I meant benchmarks  :P

• Like 1