Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Hi !

I'm on a triple GPU system : HD4600 IGpu set as primary in bios, GTX560 on a pcie 16x, GTX550Ti on a pci 4x

(no other bios settings allowed me to have all 3 displays working correctly in ElCap)

I use iMac14.2 smbios, on a core i5 4460, kernel patching ok, pm and booter.

Chameleon Enoch 2848

I can boot on a clean triple display in El Capitan with nvda_drv=1, and in Sierra with nvda_drv=0.

This is with GraphicsEnabler=Yes to enable the HD4600

NvidiaSingle=No to enable both GTX560 and GTX550Ti

SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes, to prevent GraphicsEnabler to inject anything about the GTXs, OsX handles them correctly without it (once boot sequence has started on the HD4600).

Changing to SKipNvidiaGfx to "no" corrupted displays in ElCapitan, nonetheless it leads to the same result as "yes" in SIerra, and still works.

BUT :

in Sierra, with nvda_drv=1, if all is fine with the HD4600 and the GTX560, unfortunately display is corrupted on the GTX550Ti (DVI or HDMI).

By corrupted I mean windows and dialogs seem ok, but clicking a menu or a droplist result in display mess, and no picture can be displayed (no wallpaper, no miniatures in Wallpaper settings window for instance)

Does anybody has an idea or experience with multiple nvidia GPUs in Sierra 10.12.3 with enoch/chameleon ?

Thanks !

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me I have installed  10.12.3.  The 367.15.10.35f01 driver and enabled inject kext to yes and ticked nvidia web option. On boot up if I select verbose mode I can see it loads the driver but once it gets to end of boot sequence it turns my display off as it shows no signal. i can boot with nv_disable=1 just with poor graphics performance 

System Specs

cpu: 4790k

GPU: Maxwell titan x 

Thank you

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me I have installed 10.12.3. The 367.15.10.35f01 driver and enabled inject kext to yes and ticked nvidia web option. On boot up if I select verbose mode I can see it loads the driver but once it gets to end of boot sequence it turns my display off as it shows no signal. i can boot with nv_disable=1 just with poor graphics performance

System Specs

cpu: 4790k

GPU: Maxwell titan x

Thank you

Depending which smbios your using you may need to ADGPFix.app

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I could manage the "No Signal" Problem like this:

Change /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist from:

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
                <string>Config1</string>

to:

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
                <string>none</string>

Do not use ADGPFix.app!

This solves the "No Signal" problem for MacPro 6.1 (Late 2013) smbios. Maybe it will also work for your smbios. Or look for any "Config1" in the Info.plist and change it one after the other to "none".

Very important: You'll need to repair the permissions of the changed Info.plist. It can be easily done with "#####" or similar. If I change my file, I copy it to the Desktop, do my edit, delete the source file and let "#####" or similar do it's part. Works all the time for years now. 

Hope this helps.

One problem I've got is that I do not get any acceleration when playing h265 MKV UHD videos. Not with VLC nor with MPlayerX. Also not with the DivX Player, latest version. I'm really desperate. Does anyone have advice for me? Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD with latest NVIDIA driver and latest CUDA version.

I did the "string none string" thing and i still have a black screen on 10.12.3.

GTX 980 Ti Smbios 14,2

Can anyone help me?

There is some trouble with the HDMI2 port from the Maxwell Cards and macOS since macOS does not support HDMI2. I use a "Club 3D DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 4K60Hz UHD Active Adapter", wich works very well, even for UHD@60Hz.

But if you use the DP out and connect it to a Monitor with DP in it should work without any Adapter.

Did you repair the permissions? If not, it could not work an the black screen will appear... I've forgotten it a lot of times myself ;-)

I wish APPLE would release extensions that NVIDIA and AMD could work with or even Hackintosh enthusiasts. Apple don't make it a no-brainer for any major GPU manufacturer to invest time towards macOS because Apple put out garbage like the garbage can iMac Pro (pro?).

Blame can't entirely be on Apple because I'm sure AMD and NVIDIA could invest in making native drivers—but I imagine that'd upset Apple more since that'd drive the sales of Mac Pro towers that are actually upgradable.

Apples closed system is their own fault and Apple alone is responsible for making drivers for hardware they decide to support.

We should commend Nvidia for continuing web driver support for cards they supplied to apple over 4 years ago..

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Nvidia aren't making any more web drivers? There has been no beta drivers at all for 10.12.4. Might be a sign.

I hope i'm wrong.

We saw the same thing for 10.12.3 - We just had to wait the final webdriver release... all indicates that it will be the same thing for 10.12.4.

Nothing else to do except waiting. 

• Like 2

Maybe Nvidia aren't making any more web drivers? There has been no beta drivers at all for 10.12.4. Might be a sign.

I hope i'm wrong.

The truth is that in previous versions of the OS with less betas, NV released beta drivers and this time nothing, which is not a good sign... of course I also hope to be wrong!
  • Like 3