AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

I want to try this on my system, but I read this in the instructions:

AppleALC does not deal with layout-id values, it expects you to provide a correct DSDT(SSDT).

What does this mean? I don't know what DSDT I would need for my sig system. I have an ALC1150, which says it is supported.

I guess you use Clover as the bootloader...

Make sure the "FixHDA" is activated and in "Audio Inject" the number "1" is set.

With this you will not need a patched DSDT, if you do not already have one, which could be again patched for the "layout-id"

I guess you use Clover as the bootloader...

Make sure the "FixHDA" is activated and in "Audio Inject" the number "1" is set.

With this you will not need a patched DSDT, if you do not already have one, which could be again patched for the "layout-id"

Yes i'm using clover. 

Tried "FixHDA" and set the layout to 1. it doesn't work.

Also tried FixHDA with Layout 3, doesn't either.

Did you try another approach of getting audio to work, which might is still lingering on your box?

Where did you put AppleALC?

In one of the kexts directory from Clover?

Please use the following command to create a txt-file on your desktop and post the file afterwards:

kextstat > ~/Desktop/kextstat.txt

Did you try another approach of getting audio to work, which might is still lingering on your box?

Where did you put AppleALC?

In one of the kexts directory from Clover?

Please use the following command to create a txt-file on your desktop and post the file afterwards:

kextstat > ~/Desktop/kextstat.txt

Yes I have tried VoodooHDA didnt work at all.

with AppleALC, audio working but mic is not working.

AppleALC is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I was using Yosemite with VoodooHDA, everything was working fine.

kextstat.txt

For the 20757 there is only AppleALC support with Layout-ID 3.

If your microphone is not working, you have to wait until the developers are able to change that.

Does it work if you use an external microphone via a headset?

BTW: the request for a kextstat.txt was not for you, but for the user @llamafilm

For the 20757 there is only AppleALC support with Layout-ID 3.

If your microphone is not working, you have to wait until the developers are able to change that.

Does it work if you use an external microphone via a headset?

External microphone is not working either.

Thanks for your help,

Hi, thanks for your help.  This kext is not working for me.  I see the output devices, but the system won't play any audio.  I'm using iTunes to test.  When I hit play, it never plays, and the playhead stays at zero.  When I switch to HDMI output, the playhead starts moving, and I hear some audio through my HDMI monitor, but it's very crackly.

I installed /S/L/E/AppleALC.kext with Kext Wizard.  Set FixHDA and Audio Inject = 1 in config.plist.

I previously had tried toleda's script, but I think I have removed all traces of that.  I restored native AppleHDA.kext, removed /L/E/realtekALC.kext, and disabled the Clover patches.

I'm not sure how to do a codec dump, but here is kextstat output.

kextstat.txt

starts without cache and after rebuild.

restarts
if it does not work, test layout 7

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  Does that mean use -f boot argument in Clover and then run sudo touch /S/L/E ?

I've never used VoodooHDA.

Nope, don't have realtekALC.

I did remember just now that I had two SSDTs from toleda in the EFI partition.  I deleted them just now, and rebuilt the kext cache, tried both layout 1 and 7.  Same problem.  But now HDMI audio disappeared of course, because that was enabled by the SSDT.

I think that's the same thing as -f boot flag?  Anyway I tried it, but it makes no difference.  Still iTunes won't play.  In system.log, I see this, and the last two lines repeat hundreds of times.  Does that mean anything to you?

7/30/16 13:47:31.000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 6576
7/30/16 13:47:31.000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 1863
7/30/16 13:47:31.000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 6649
7/30/16 13:47:31.000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in IOHDAStream at line 384

Upload codec dump and the resource you are using, I will take a look

My Laptop is Lenovo G510 (i7-4702MQ, HD4600, 1366x768) (Clover). The codec is Conexant CX20757.

AppleALC is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Audio Layout is 3.

I got codec dumb with this command from Ubuntu

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codecDumb.text

codecDumb.text.zip

Codec - Info.plist.zip

IOREG report.zip

I dont have any clue on where to begin and how many hours I need to do this, and if sucessful for sure at all. All I know ALC269 is not working on i5 3230m Samsung laptop. Wifi solved with external usb, Audio solved with external usb. Rest of drivers solved with kext utility. If someone has an easy fix I go for it. In the meantime I´ll try HDMI, wish me luck. Capy 10.11.6 and Windows 7 in just any case . Thanks.  

I dont have any clue on where to begin and how many hours I need to do this, and if sucessful for sure at all. All I know ALC269 is not working on i5 3230m Samsung laptop. Wifi solved with external usb, Audio solved with external usb. Rest of drivers solved with kext utility. If someone has an easy fix I go for it. In the meantime I´ll try HDMI, wish me luck. Capy 10.11.6 and Windows 7 in just any case . Thanks.  

I got a patch for you, try mine later

My Laptop is Lenovo G510 (i7-4702MQ, HD4600, 1366x768) (Clover). The codec is Conexant CX20757.

AppleALC is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Audio Layout is 3.

I got codec dumb with this command from Ubuntu

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codecDumb.text

Wrong dump, you have to take one with Conexant in the header