AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

I have a strange issue now with device HDEF section i DSDT.

When laptop is on power cord and go to sleep. Laptop wakes up with "kernel wake reason: HDEF" and after that audio not working.

When laptop is on battery everything works fine. Audio works before and after sleep.

I use CodecCommander kext.

Can you help me with this?

In attachments i put DSDT and config.plst for Asus G551JX

Thx

Archive.zip

You can try this kext, remove applehdadisabler, voodoohda.kext, applealc.kext, and install it @/S/L/E

If you don't use a DSDT search with ioregistryexplorer for the HDEF device, if it's there you don't need the FixHDA patch, else add this to your config.plist 

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<true/>

If it doesn't work your DSDT is patched to another layout-id, and must be changed to 0.

ioregistryexplorer not work under my el capitan. double click and nothing happens. Have to force quit ioregistryexplorer.

Have you also tried the kext i've linked ?, start the audio-midi tool and see how many dB you have at full volume, and see if the sound is distorted at 0 dB.

Yes, tried. Sound again is distorted when is 70-80%+. About audio-midi - never used before and don't know how to do what you said :D Btw, my english is not good enough. Sorry

ioregistryexplorer not work under my el capitan. double click and nothing happens. Have to force quit ioregistryexplorer.

It doesn't matter, if you have sound your device name is already "HDEF"

Yes, tried. Sound again is distorted when is 70-80%+. About audio-midi - never used before and don't know how to do what you said :D Btw, my english is not good enough. Sorry

Start the Audio-Midi-Setup tool, and move the volume slider to max, then look at the dB value, it should be 0 dB.

post-448675-0-28285700-1471256302_thumb.jpg

Now tested applealc with original applehda. If Install applealc in L/E or S/L/E, audio works and sound is perfect, but without volume control. If put applealc in efi>clover>kextx>10.11 or Other folders - no audio. Tested with layout ID 0, 1, 9, 10, 11, 12. Audio works with 9, 11 and not work with 0,1,10,12 if I remember correctly  :D
Mobo is g1 sniper z87 (ca0132). 

Wern Apfel, I think with modded applehda I heard distortion even when volume under 50-60%, but not sure 100%. later will test again if can't find solution for volume control with original applehda+applealc. Thank you very much for help and patience :)

I reinstalled 10.11 on my Skylake build and did everything from scratch which includes using AppleALC and I injected layout id 11 for Realtech ALC887, however I am still getting audio distortion after 2 mins of playback. I am wanting to know what would be a least expensive pretty decent internal PCIE sound card that plays 96 KHz resolution with a codec compatible with AppleALC somebody could recommend me to buy. I don't want to break the bank but my budget at the most is $100. Thanks

Now tested applealc with original applehda. If Install applealc in L/E or S/L/E, audio works and sound is perfect, but without volume control. If put applealc in efi>clover>kextx>10.11 or Other folders - no audio. Tested with layout ID 0, 1, 9, 10, 11, 12. Audio works with 9, 11 and not work with 0,1,10,12 if I remember correctly  :D

Mobo is g1 sniper z87 (ca0132). 

Wern Apfel, I think with modded applehda I heard distortion even when volume under 50-60%, but not sure 100%. later will test again if can't find solution for volume control with original applehda+applealc. Thank you very much for help and patience :)

If FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E kext injection from EFI/Clover/Kexts didn't work. Put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other or use InjectKexts->YES instead of Detect

I reinstalled 10.11 on my Skylake build and did everything from scratch which includes using AppleALC and I injected layout id 11 for Realtech ALC887, however I am still getting audio distortion after 2 mins of playback. I am wanting to know what would be a least expensive pretty decent internal PCIE sound card that plays 96 KHz resolution with a codec compatible with AppleALC somebody could recommend me to buy. I don't want to break the bank but my budget at the most is $100. Thanks

For Skylake mobos use key UseATRFrequency->True or False to avoid distortions. Also check your clover revision. Must be latest available. Now it's r3696

post-1069282-0-45247000-1471331109_thumb.png

• Like 2

vandroiy2012, thanks for your reply, but now have other problem - strange audio distortion when listen music. Can occurs after 10 min or 10 hours. Distortion continue 1-20 seconds and fixed by itself :( Very strange. And sometimes cold boot or reboot followed by black/blank screen with cursor. If restart I can login until nexт time after 1 or 10 reboots. It happens randomly. Last installed program is smoothscroll and audio fix applealc.kext.

vandroiy2012, thanks for your reply, but now have other problem - strange audio distortion when listen music. Can occurs after 10 min or 10 hours. Distortion continue 1-20 seconds and fixed by itself :( Very strange. And sometimes cold boot or reboot followed by black/blank screen with cursor. If restart I can login until nexт time after 1 or 10 reboots. It happens randomly. Last installed program is smoothscroll and audio fix applealc.kext.

If you have Skylake mobo include UseARTFrequency=True in your config.plist

Edit: Is CodecCommander conflict with AppleALC ?

hello , i'm using same layout 11 ,without any issue 

What motherboard are u using?... I have the Asus Z170M-Plus. U know not all Z170/H170 motherboards are created equal.

For Skylake mobos use key UseATRFrequency->True or False to avoid distortions. Also check your clover revision. Must be latest available. Now it's r3696

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2016-08-16 в 10.03.56.png

I am currently using that UseARTFrequency=false entry in my config.plist but I still have distortion...

ZKNJfRfl.png

The only positive outcome to arise from my situation is that the distortion doesn't occur while I'm playing games. I had ran The Witcher 2 via Steam and let the introductory cinematic cutscene play through from beginning to end and not instance of distortion had occurred. Hopefully it wasn't a placebo effect. And also the distortion has been occurring since I started using Clover v2.3k r3354 and I have updated to 3 different revisions since then and currently using r3625 so I doubt Clover has anything to do with it.

You don't happen to have a GTX 960 in your build do u? B/c I must say that my Skylake build was exhibiting those same symptoms (waiting thru 10 instant reboots before seeing 1 successful startup) when I had a GTX 960 in mine. I swapped cards from another system so my Skylake build is using a GTX 680 instead and all of those symptoms you had mentioned are gone now.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I forgot to add my signature. Sorry for that. I have gtx 780 windforce. Most of the time I see successful boots, but sometimes black screen with cursor. 
Btw I read that Slice added this fix in newer versions of clover (UseARTFrequency=False). Maybe other is the reason for audio distortion, but I'm total new and not familiar with Mac OS.

edit: Installed last clover 
bootloader r3696. UseARTFrequency missing. I added UseARTFrequency=false. For now not heard distortion, but will see.
edit2: if I delete config.pllist before update clover boot loader the new version add many different things. If not delete config plist before clover bootloader update, config.plist is the same like before (see screenshot). I'm confused. What is the correct way to update clover bootloader? 

Screen_Shot_2016_08_17_at_7_47_28_PM.png

What motherboard are u using?... I have the Asus Z170M-Plus. U know not all Z170/H170 motherboards are created equal.

layout11 i created for my system and did adjustments it requires for other Asus Series , iff you provide codec_dump so do tweak to remove distortion  

• Like 1

layout11 i created for my system and did adjustments it requires for other Asus Series , iff you provide codec_dump so do tweak to remove distortion  

Ok.. So could u explain to me how would I be able to produce a codec_dump or better yet guide me in the direction to do so. Thanks

Hey guys. I forgot to add my signature. Sorry for that. I have gtx 780 windforce. Most of the time I see successful boots, but sometimes black screen with cursor. 

Btw I read that Slice added this fix in newer versions of clover (UseARTFrequency=False). Maybe other is the reason for audio distortion, but I'm total new and not familiar with Mac OS.

edit: Installed last clover bootloader r3696. UseARTFrequency missing. I added UseARTFrequency=false. For now not heard distortion, but will see.

edit2: if I delete config.pllist before update clover boot loader the new version add many different things. If not delete config plist before clover bootloader update, config.plist is the same like before (see screenshot). I'm confused. What is the correct way to update clover bootloader? 

Screen_Shot_2016_08_17_at_7_47_28_PM.png

In order to update Clover u would just install it on top over the current version you have. Clover creates the same config.plist copy that u are using and it also retains a backup of the old EF/Clover folder

• Like 1

Hello,

my alc 269VC doesn't work on sierra public beta 16A293a

i tried layout 28, 6, 7 but it doesn't work. can you support me please

Codec: Realtek ALC269VC
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0269
Subsystem Id: 0x15586508
Revision Id: 0x100202
post-415618-0-03870300-1471713275_thumb.png

codec_dump.txt.zip

Great Success with Creative CA-0132 here :D

Thanks vit9696

Hi Andres,

Is your audio card a PCIe?

I've a SB Recon3D PCie that has the same codec CA-0132 but it isn't detected using the kext. 

The device id is different that yours, it's 0x11020012, sub device id 0x11020013 

Codec: 285343761

I couldn't find a way to inject the device id for audio, there are heaps of example for faking GPU ids but not for audio.

I used AppleALC 1.0.7 on my HP Elitebook 8460P (IDT 92HD81B1X) with Layout ID 12 on OS X 10.11.6. To install macOS 10.12 I updated AppleALC to 1.0.13. Sound didn't work, same issue on El Capitan, so I noticed that the Layout ID was changed to 3, but changing the ID to 3 by Clover didn't help though correctly recognized by the OS. What can I do? Seems like something went wrong when trying to resize the kext...

I used AppleALC 1.0.7 on my HP Elitebook 8460P (IDT 92HD81B1X) with Layout ID 12 on OS X 10.11.6. To install macOS 10.12 I updated AppleALC to 1.0.13. Sound didn't work, same issue on El Capitan, so I noticed that the Layout ID was changed to 3, but changing the ID to 3 by Clover didn't help though correctly recognized by the OS. What can I do? Seems like something went wrong when trying to resize the kext...

Latest version is 1.0.13, try again. With Sierra use -alcbeta in your boot args to load the kext

OK. Try this version.

AppleALC.kext.zip

Layout-id 12. For macOS Sierra don't forget -alcbeta in bootargs.

Report!

• Like 3