AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

@vusun123,

I have the ALC282 for Laptop Asus G750JX with 2nd speaker Subwoofer AKA Audio 2.1.  I have everything working in a persistent manner using a kext in /L/E.  I extracted the components into Info,plist, Layout3.xml, Platform.xml, Codec Dump, Sig file with HTML mapping making things much clearer and my VerbData text.  See at the very end for Pathmap and VerbData.  I tried the Spdif verbdata, added pathmap to Platform and section for spdif in layout and could not get SPDIF to work.

AppleALC did not work for me, and mirone's patcher ALC282 and ALC282 v2 is not the same Audio Device data as mine so I am thinking a version 3?  I would like to see this get added to AppleALC along with adding spdif so I can test/troubleshoot.  

See attached file.

Appreciate if you can have a look and compile a version with my hardware.

Thanks!!

G750JX Laptop ALC282 v3 Info.plist Layout Platforms codec dump Sig file showing graphical map and my VerbData text file see very end pathmap and verbdata.zip

OK. In an hour

upd. This codec is already present in AppleALC. It is ALC233, layout-id 3

283902515=0x10EC0233

If it didn't work i'll try to add your resources under another layout-id

Layout-id 4

Report.

attachicon.gifAppleALC_236.kext.zip

So, I had done the first one, and it didn't work. I also had done the latter one, it didn't work either.

1. Lenovo Ideapad 510s

2. 0x10EC0236

3. Done in layout-id 3 (for the first one), and 4 (for the latter one)

4. Sierra (12.1)

5. alc236.zip

Is there any other solution? Thanks.

Discrete graphics HDMI works OOB without AppleALC if you have correct DSDT/Clover patch. Your question is not relevant to the subject.

Ok thanks for the info, can you point me in the right direction?

Edit:

Never mind sorted it out.

Hello,

I have installed the latest version on AppleALC into Clover/kexts folder.
My notebook has Skylake chipset and the audio codec is Conexant 20724.

Audio is working fine but:

1) Volume Slider on menubar was not consistent with real volume level, fixed by replacing <6b707369 eb> with <63696d69 eb> on AppleHDA. Should be added to code, maybe?

2) Volume controls are working fine, but mute is grayed out... Any idea on how to fix it ?

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Cheers.

Silver.

Hello,i have used AppleALC a long time but recent i found it sometimes cause kp in my laptop with ALC3266/298 and with distort on my headphone.

Can our AppleALC combine EAPDFix to solve this distort with out EAPDFix.kext?

My laptop is XPS 15 9550 with i7-6700HQ and installed macOS 10.12.1

Hello,i have used AppleALC a long time but recent i found it sometimes cause kp in my laptop with ALC3266/298 and with distort on my headphone.

Can our AppleALC combine EAPDFix to solve this distort with out EAPDFix.kext?

My laptop is XPS 15 9550 with i7-6700HQ and installed macOS 10.12.1

When get KP, did you see what is kext?

AppleALC or EAPDFix. If there is EAPDFix KP, give me detail info(generate pattern, info.plist, codec dump). I wiill check and report EAPDFix developer

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

When get KP, did you see what is kext?

AppleALC or EAPDFix. If there is EAPDFix KP, give me detail info(generate pattern, info.plist, codec dump). I wiill check and report EAPDFix developer

kp shows AppleALC,not EAPDFix and I have delete EAPDFix but it sometimes cause kp

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

kp shows AppleALC,not EAPDFix and I have delete EAPDFix but it sometimes cause kp

Okay. If you say detail generate pattern, AppleALC could be improved.

Thanks. Have a nice day

Please give the panic reports with keepsyms=1 in boot args next time.

Check whether the panic reproduces with the last commit.

Hello,vit9696.

Here is my kp picture using keepsyms=1 debug=0x100.

This kp is more and more frequently and can't use macOS normally.So I hope can solve this kp.6cf6da4e66f6d3492ce1c3fa98f3927c.jpga2f4df55cbb8e9612a36357647fb0bd2.jpg

one more things,here is my HP Pavilion g4 1000 series IDT AppleALC,with all files such as zlib and pinconfig and worked perfect on my laptop with IDT92HD81B1X5,work include speaker,headphone,IntMic,ExtMic,and all can change automatically when plugin and unplugin the headphone and mic.

but i used layoutid=12 so i want to put this result into the AppleALC's github but don't know how.

may you add this files to applealc's github with layoutid=12.

AppleALC.zip

one more things,here is my HP Pavilion g4 1000 series IDT AppleALC,with all files such as zlib and pinconfig and worked perfect on my laptop with IDT92HD81B1X5,work include speaker,headphone,IntMic,ExtMic,and all can change automatically when plugin and unplugin the headphone and mic.

but i used layoutid=12 so i want to put this result into the AppleALC's github but don't know how.

How about testing AppleALC's layout first ?

• Like 1

Layout-id 12 is busy in IDT92HD81B1X5

• Like 1