[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

New info, apps who normally load icons isn't write on COCOA or JDK. They write in "WebKit". And all applications whose write on this language correct display icon. Steam , Pinegrow. 

So the problematic icons rely on the WebKit framework?

yeap. I tested all of apps on WebKit apit. NWJS api. And all of them works. on Menubar i  see Apple Logo and Arrows on Icons or other icons on option list from those apps. 

Nowhere :) i tested all alone by my self. Read something about Apps Frameworks in Mac and tested this . I see this before even get mac on disk.. When USB Installer of El Capitan. I  see errors or information idk whose option is. But i see this information on kernel load X.. something need to be replaced another API... many of this message. On Installed version on disk i no see this message. So i thinking normal.. like human. Everything is okay. If system load icons normally without restart on specific api Framework. And no need a "specific" code. Because on every apps i tested still worked. 

Look if another apps like Phpstorm , Hmm Sketch , Adobe external APPS no Basic from system won't load icons. So must be write in Mac Os Framework (Apps) . Check This .https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/SystemFrameworks/SystemFrameworks.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001067-CH210-BBCGHCCJ

• Like 1

yeap. I tested all of apps on WebKit apit. NWJS api. And all of them works. on Menubar i  see Apple Logo and Arrows on Icons or other icons on option list from those apps. 

Nowhere :) i tested all alone by my self. Read something about Apps Frameworks in Mac and tested this . I see this before even get mac on disk.. When USB Installer of El Capitan. I  see errors or information idk whose option is. But i see this information on kernel load X.. something need to be replaced another API... many of this message. On Installed version on disk i no see this message. So i thinking normal.. like human. Everything is okay. If system load icons normally without restart on specific api Framework. And no need a "specific" code. Because on every apps i tested still worked. 

Look if another apps like Phpstorm , Hmm Sketch , Adobe external APPS no Basic from system won't load icons. So must be write in Mac Os Framework (Apps) . Check This .https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/SystemFrameworks/SystemFrameworks.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001067-CH210-BBCGHCCJ

I think this was for Yosemite but it may help here. Backup the original Webkit framework first.

AMD-WebKit-Patch.zip

I think this was for Yosemite but it may help here. Backup the original Webkit framework first.

which has already been tested by a user, unfortunately without success  :( need to be canged for el capitano, then it could possibly work. ^_^

which has already been tested by a user, unfortunately without success  :( need to be canged for el capitano, then it could possibly work. ^_^

Ahh wasn't aware of that. Do you know what changes were made?

Edit: Ran the old amd_insn_patcher on it,

Patching universal binary (2 architectures)
Patching I386 part (processor 7, architecture 0)
Code signature removed succesfully (32bit)Patch report (1): 0 instructions patched, 1 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Patching X86_64 part (processor 16777223, architecture 1)
Code signature removed succesfully (64bit)Patch report (2): 0 instructions patched, 1469 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO

Webkit mentioned here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-12?do=findComment&comment=2089613And here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-7#entry2084278

Found some interesting info regarding the AppKit framework. Apple made some major api changes with it and if I read correctly it relates to the gui/icons. 

Can someone test this version of it. Make a backup first though... /System/Library/Frameworks/

AppKit.framework.zip

• Like 2

I mean that the patched WebKit was created by Duran, ask him, he will explain what to do.

Oh my god!!! i just thinking whats is happen here :D wrong way. Apps write in "WebKit" and NODE-WEBKIT work correct with icons. I read my first comment about this and i see where i do mistake. Sorry ;D So Apps worked full with icons write in WebKit / NODE. Like Steam and Pinegrow for example. Another like Xcode apps from Mac os Must be write in mac basic framework . Carbon / COCOA etc. 

New info, apps who normally load icons isn't write on COCOA or JDK. They write in "WebKit"

correct Apps who normally load icons isn't write on WEBKIT / NODE . They write in "Basic display framework on MAC." Like Carbon / COCOA / ETC." Sorry guys... ; / i do large items in one time .

So pls study this. https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/SystemFrameworks/SystemFrameworks.html

i think in this we find in 100% answer about icons. Trust me. 

Anyway thanks for interesting . I waiting for any idea. 

// Edit: I find something like this... about icons. :

IconCollection is a Cocoa application that demonstrates how to use NSCollectionView with Cocoa Bindings along with NSWorkspace and named images to determine its content.

NSMenu is global value menubar. whose showing :

• The application’s menu bar. This is at the top of the screen.

• The status bar. This begins at the right side of the menu bar (to the left of Menu Extras and the menu bar clock) and grows to the left as items are added to it.

• Contextual menus. These appear when the user right-clicks or left-Control-clicks an item.

An NSMenu object manages an application’s menus. (@import AppKit;)

And another Line:

This line like we see tell us about COCA API on NSMenuItem : ) so with icons to. So COCA Is answer about icons worked on Finder / MenuBar and Apps (No all) reason to correct working. And Collecting icons is from API COCA to.. so i think must be easy last chapter of the story ;D 

The NSMenuItem class defines objects that are used as command items in menus. Additionally, the NSMenuItemclass also includes some private functionality needed to maintain binary compatibility with other components of Cocoa. Because of this fact, you cannot replace the NSMenuItem class with a different class. You may, however, subclass NSMenuItem if necessary.

So we have now clear answer COCOA is API whose running Menubar , Items on Menubar and basic apps on mac after installed. Like fInder etc. 

So COCOA is included 3 Frameworks in 100% .

Cocoa.framework10.0NSWrapper for including the Cocoa frameworks AppKit.framework, Foundation.framework, and CoreData.framework.

I have tomorrow a 6 o clock work, so i back later. In this week i don't have more time to do this . Sorry i have hope somebody do this very quickly. And for last .. i have idea to proof in 1000% this before do something with this frameworks. Simple will be make 2 apps one basic on COCOA fw and another basic on Webkit. Simple App with menu list. The same but in different API. i know only one.. this is way to fix this problem, Frameworks. I put link with " study... " this is important. Before do something maybe one of you see more than me just check.  :) Goodnight.  

• Like 1

Shane, there must be built from WebKit+WebKit2, if I am not mistaken. I try to build tomorrow.

I've tried before to build, then crashed my hackintosh, and now I have lost joy to working with my hackintosh. I have to delete a lot of files on my HDD.... too little space on my HDD

• Like 1

Ok Shanee i have problem. After load kernel i see loading progress bar for 2 / 1 sec and after this black screen with white cursor . But it's maybe because i have failed update to 10.11.6 ... Somebody else must check to be sure. 

tomorrow is a new day, not to try everything to bend and break. :)

yee i try but i can write on this black screen without any changes. Like reboot etc. I start with pen and after this problem i see only msg about unmounting pendrive. So... anyway i can't . I try on graphics enabler (nvidia) i have white screen and i enter but after that i get this black screen. Ok i go sleep i must wake-up 5 am :D i have only 4h sleep . I back tomorrow i have hope for finally ready icons :) 

use: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310796-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-fx-kernel-task-force/page-57?p=2267703&do=findComment&comment=2267703

and boot with: -s npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1

and remove the problematic Extensions from S/L/E  (tomorrow !!)

...or boot with the other executable OS X partition, remove the problematic Extensions, fix the permissions and the create the prelinkedKernel, this is the faster way.

I wish you all a good night, time to go to sleep, bye.

as always secure first the original files from S/L/Frameworks on desktop, then install the patched files ....etc

Edit:
now I've tested on my system, after successful boot I started EtreCheck tool, an error was detected:
com.apple.WebKit.PluginAgent.plist (2014-05-06) -System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Frameworks/WebKitLegacy.framework/WebKitPluginAgent: Executable not found!
otherwise, I have found no problems...however, someone should test this with FX CPU

WebKit_10.11.zip

Edited by spakk

I need now AppKit.Framework Original version not edit. Spakk my System works good only after Shaneee Framework won't load any login / screen. i no have backup this file. So need this file again without edit and i test your WebKit File. Without this file i can't do nothing . And i can't check nothing. So : ) 

and what you mean write "problematic extensions" ?? about what extension you thinking? 

I need now AppKit.Framework Original version not edit. Spakk my System works good only after Shaneee Framework won't load any login / screen. i no have backup this file. So need this file again without edit and i test your WebKit File. Without this file i can't do nothing . And i can't check nothing. So : ) 

and what you mean write "problematic extensions" ?? about what extension you thinking? 

after the update remove these: pmtelemetry.kext (Caused problems with building of prelinked kernel), AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (makes kernel Panic!) and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (makes MSR Error!)