[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

I successfully installed 10.11 on my machine using "El Capitan AMD Install Preparation Tutorial" from youtube, but i am not able to startup into OS X. I have a preinstalled 10.8 Niresh

I tested your file Shaneee_FX_Test_New.zip on My machine configuration

But I am getting a Kernel Panic I have attached a screen shot.

I also tried using different flags but was of no use.

I am using Enoch bootloader with the latest build.

I successfully installed 10.11 on my machine using "El Capitan AMD Install Preparation Tutorial" from youtube, but i am not able to startup into OS X. I have a preinstalled 10.8 Niresh

Then you have not noticed everything, please describe what have you done during the installation .... have u removed the drivers that are making problems with amd CPU? if not, than do that...Which additional drivers do they have installed in extra/extensions? Do you use a dsdt? Have you generated a prelinked kernel? If not, then do that.

I got the same KP for FX-6300 & AMD Phenom II X6 1405T hackintoshs due to AppleACPIPlatform error.

[Edit]

After rebuilt prelinkedkernel in AMD Phenom II x6 1405T can login desktop without icon glichy, but several app (including cpu-x) crashed immediately on open them.

In FX-6300 can login desktop with the same icon glitchy as before, but there is no app crashed.

Edited by jsl

Then you have not noticed everything, please describe what have you done during the installation .... have u removed the drivers that are making problems with amd CPU? if not, than do that...Which additional drivers do they have installed in extra/extensions? Do you use a dsdt? Have you generated a prelinked kernel? If not, then do that.

If there's the ACPIPLATFORM panic then build the prelinkedkernel

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

look here what I've written about it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309765-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-62?p=2338190&do=findComment&comment=2338190

I got the same KP for FX-6300 & AMD Phenom II X6 1405T hackintoshs due to AppleACPIPlatform error.

... AppleACPIPlatform error ... this is something different...
Add the picture with the panic message, it says more than many words, so that someone can write a solution for your problem.

look here what I've written about it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309765-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-62?p=2338190&do=findComment&comment=2338190

... AppleACPIPlatform error ... this is something different...
Add the picture with the panic message, it says more than many words, so that someone can write a solution for your problem.

No more KP after rebuilt prelinkedkernel, but FX-6300 still got the same icon glitchy as before and Phenom II X6 1405T got crashed app (e.g. cpu-x) without icon glitchy.

• Like 2

Kernel: Shaneee_FX_Test_New.zip

Booted by Enoch 2839 with -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000

Purpose: comparison with FX-6300

Excuse me, my mistake. I thought it was a new kernel for Sierra. Although I use a Note4, it seems so that as soon as must go to an ophthalmologist! Although I use a pair of glasses apologize for the mess. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

If there's still someone with El Cap on their FX/APU system please test this. Remember to rebuild the prelinkedkernel for it.

Thanks for this new FX kernel which can login desktop and major apps worked in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.11.6.

These glitchy icons are different from previous ones.

post-70188-0-17827200-1483968432_thumb.png

post-70188-0-41724100-1483968445_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thanks for this new FX kernel which can login desktop and major apps worked in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.11.6.

These glitchy icons are different from previous ones.

Can you provide the output of sysctl -a please.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks again jsl. I've got an idea of what it is but don't want you to break your system for my testing. I should be getting an FX soon so I can test myself rather than uploading "potential" fixes.

It's my pleasure to test yours and Bronya & spakk's kernels in AMD older CPUs and FX.

Without your contribution (esp. Bronya) my AMD hackintoshs can not work so well up to now !

• Like 1

It's my pleasure to test yours and Bronya & spakk's kernels in AMD older CPUs and FX.

Without your contribution (esp. Bronya) my AMD hackintoshs can not work so well up to now !

Hi, Shaneee:

I have tested your new CoreImage.framework and there is no change of glitchy icons yet.

Flash player can not play properly in Firefox, but it can work in Safari.

[Edit]

The bug in Firefox is due to lack of proper audio output.

After fixed it with HDMIAudio.kext it can play properly.

So it's not related to this framework at all !

post-70188-0-92500600-1484359116_thumb.png

post-70188-0-96549100-1484359126_thumb.png

sysctl.txt

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...