[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

I write this... icons work only on specific application. So when i turn on this app on menubar icons work and i see apple logo to. Like on screen before. And i find when try to open folder in this app see icon on tree view and icons on window (last img) I find 2 application who have this symptom . So if in normal kernel icons can be working without "magic" so it's must be very simply answer how to fix that. I have only one question , Why on this apps work icons normally ? when in another and on system won't load. 

• Like 1

Jul 31 17:00:28 Emptys-Mac-Pro nwjs[924]: GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CacheDelete.framework/CacheDelete,CacheDeleteCopyPurgeableSpaceWithInfo) failed.

Jul 31 17:00:28 Emptys-Mac-Pro sandboxd[160] ([249]): tccd(249) deny mach-lookup com.apple.lsd.modifydb

Jul 31 17:00:29 --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jul 31 17:00:29 Emptys-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[928]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook

Jul 31 17:00:31 Emptys-Mac-Pro iconservicesagent[309]: -[iSGenerateImageOp generateImageWithCompletion:] Failed to composit image for descriptor <ISBindingImageDescriptor: 0x7fed4d00d0e0>.

Jul 31 17:00:31 Emptys-Mac-Pro quicklookd[928]: Error returned from iconservicesagent: (null)

when in app i try open folder / files and get window with correct icon (last img from me). this window. I get message from system like this. I told you.. it's something here. 

And remember what im write before? the same error on start system. 5 - 8 lines error from iconserveragent. 

Update: i watch Process IconServiceAgent when i open this window with working icons he %CPU going  up. It's only first time when he do something. Normal it's on but no have any movement. 

Can someone please test these two Metal frameworks. Test them one at a time and note any changes to the system,

Edit: As a note the framework in Metal1 is from the DP1 version of El Capitan and the version in Metal2 is from the 10.11.6 Installer.

Archive.zip

saj dont gave me the kernel after i asked him about it.

he only sayed he need two days testing the kernel

(i asked him july 1)

(last message from me july 7)

@ BatyaMedic who should have a kernel and do not want to give you?

Can someone try restarting the WindowServer with this command,

sudo killall -HUP WindowServer

If that doesn't work try the following Framework in /System/Library/Frameworks/ Remember to backup or test on a test partition.

CoreGraphics.framework.zip

Edit: Please also try this kernel if above fails or you don't want to mess with Frameworks,

kernel.zip

Shane, the sudo command just gave me a black screen with a white square cursor. CoreGraphics just died on boot with process halted or killed (can't remember which one) with to many corpses errors. Will try the kernel later and let you know.

• Like 1

Can someone try restarting the WindowServer with this command,

sudo killall -HUP WindowServer

If that doesn't work try the following Framework in /System/Library/Frameworks/ Remember to backup or test on a test partition.

attachicon.gifCoreGraphics.framework.zip

Edit: Please also try this kernel if above fails or you don't want to mess with Frameworks,

attachicon.gifkernel.zip

I have tryed only to kill  WiindowsServer.

Nothing change. The Windows Server restart currecly but the icon remaning green/blue.

• Like 1

Tried the kernel and no change. Sorry but did not get a sysctl on it. On call tonight so will have to redo tomorrow to get a sysctl.

When you get a chance can you try this. It will replace one file within the CoreGraphics framework with one I've changed a bit. Anyone else is welcome to test.

FX Core Test.zip

• Like 1

@Dorian112

This experience with one of my old kernel has already reported me steparab on 01.20.2016. It is not new, probably not the cause of the kernels?