OS X 10.12 codename Fuji - What we know about it....

Allan

58 posts in this topic

62e7f25402766c00feac8777775f69cc.png

2016 is here, and what we can expect about Apple's WWDC of this year?

Well, research and expectations about the new Apple OS X are already growing.

The web public call OS X 10.12 of "Fuji", hmmm, maybe there is something wrong, because since Mavericks, Apple choose California locations for nominate their systems.

Beyond the new name, perhaps we have in OS X the following new features:

• Siri - We expected this since El Capitan :P
  • A native Swift app for devs
  • New filesystem, a replacement for the HFS+
  • More integration with others Apple's systems, e.g: Apple Watch, iOS and Apple TV

Well this is what we know per hour.

But and you guys?
What do you know and want to see in this new OS X?

Please share with us ;)

Click here to view the article

• Like 10

First; I think that It'll be called 10.12 "Hollywood" and finally bring back pro movie making apps with a Blu-Ray enabled copy ov iDVD, but iDVD will be called iBlu :P (that whole thing was a joke).

OK, seriously I don't get what's wrong with HFS+, I never had any issues with it.

• Like 4

OK, seriously I don't get what's wrong with HFS+, I never had any issues with it.

This change is for us. 

1° - Apple brings SIP

2º - Now( maybe) we'll have a new filesystem.

Joke  :P

3º ARM CPU support, slowly(ish) made mandatory, like how Apple phased out PPC

Another Joke

P.S. guess we can only speculate/joke with no info, not even WWDC.

• Like 5

I was joking about ARM support.

The question to me has always been, "Why go to so much effort to lock out so much market". I KNOW Apple isn't really in the OS selling business, but, well, why not. It isn't like it is going to damage their current Machine market. Guys like me are never, ever going to fork out for a soon to be obsolete shiny box. And I have no love for the trash can pc. But, if i could toss out a few bucks for plug and play OS X, I'd do that. And it would open up the world for them in programmers. Coders will always go to the bigger market. and yes, there are apple lover coders too, I get that. That again reenforces my point. Open the OS to everyone with a PC and they won't lose Apple lovers. Probably gain more

Apple will licence Clover technology and package it with 10.12 as part of the new "Switch to OS X Assistant".

This revolutionary new feature will allow users of ordinary PCs to upgrade to the latest Apple experience for the first time ever.

• Like 2

It does not matter what efforts in future in order to make Apple it more difficult or has the ideas to prevent that. as long as the OS X community holds together as now, then it will be able to create always a prescription in order to realize running OS X on hackintosh.

However, I am sure that this is not the thought of Apple.

• Like 3

The work will reall be immense for Clover and Ozmosis... I mean, after all, we need to find the new GUID of the driver and copy it. Have fun Chameleon users. =)

I'm not Chameleon, I'm Enoch.:P

But on a serious note; I would use clover, but I haven't taken the time to get it working with my system (AMD + Clover is funny).