[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

Calling FX testers,

Attached is the AMD 10.11.0 kernel for FX CPUs.  I don't know if the FX kernel works since I don't have access to FX CPU, thus, making the FX kernel work is like shooting in the dark.

attachicon.gif10110FxR1.zip

It's working but still this USB problem. We need to find some USB fix for AMD motherboards...(

• Like 1

It's working but still this USB problem. We need to find some USB fix for AMD motherboards...(

I assumed you tested the kernel on AMD FX CPU?  Can anyone else confirm the the FX kernel works on FX CPUs?

I don't think the USB issues you are having is caused by the kernel.  My AMD motherboard doesn't have any problems with USB.

• Like 1

Hi! Your kernel works for FX . I created kernel and full works for all AMD ! I can get desktop by DVD, but no can install, because I think that bad DVD.

I also get problem USB, keys by chameleon for USB for me don't works, but USB works if get problem from USB.

My version chameleon 2715 works Mac OsX 10.11. If latest version chameleon system El captain don't works!

I will try clover !

• Like 3

I tried to get Chameleon to work nicely with El Capo awhile back but was unsuccessful.  I switched to Clover and that worked on my Intel, but I could not get Clover to work nicely with legacy AMD - It took a long time to read USB.  I then used Enoch which resolved the USB problem on legacy AMD.

Thanks for testing the FX kernel.

I am an AMD FX-6100 user. I made a vanilla 10.11.2 USB with the FX kernel you posted. The problem is after i enter the kernel bootlegs the installer is stuck on the AppleUSBEHCI errors, and it never ends. What should i do?

aFCIFU4.jpg
Edited by PadeLee

I am an AMD FX-6100 user. I made a vanilla 10.11.2 USB with the FX kernel you posted. The problem is after i enter the kernel bootlegs the installer is stuck on the AppleUSBEHCI errors, and it never ends. What should i do?

aFCIFU4.jpg

I have solved this by disable USB 2.0 of ATI SB600's EHCI function at BIOS.

Only USB 1.1 (OHCI) functioning after it, but I can boot El Capitan 10.11.2 with Enoch 2795.

Using GenericUSBXHCI.kext for ASM 1042 USB 3.0 adaptor to replacing USB 3.0/2.0 functions later.

At present you may disable USB 2.0 at BIOS and using USB 1.1 only.

If you need USB 2.0/3.0 functions, I found the newest GenericUSBXHCI.kext (post #108) working for ASM 1042 USB 3.0 adaptor.

• Like 2

Thanks for your advice.

For Asus M4A78 Plus MB (SB700 USB controller) with Athlon 64 x2 6000+ CPU I can boot with SMBIOS=iMac8.1, but iMac14.2 will always freeze during booting without disable USB 2.0 function at BIOS.

Need figure out which USB 2.0 ports at iMac8.1 really works for my Hackintosh.

During booting still many errors related to USB issues and no actual functional USB 2.0 ports after login desktop, although System Information shows two USB 2.0 bus.

post-70188-0-05732600-1450025348_thumb.png

• Like 2

I created a new kernel diff.

Currently I don't have an El-Capitan installed so could somebody please compile the new code?

I have perfected the design. ;)

xnu-3247.1.106-AnV.diff.zip

• Like 5

Fixed ;)

Please compile :D

Oh ... another error... please wait

If someone wants to try build a different kernel you can use this patch.

attachicon.gifAMD Kernel.diff.zip

Edit: Also for people who wan't to try but aren't to sure how, http://shantonu.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/building-xnu-for-os-x-1011-el-capitan.html

If you want to test here is it:kernel79_AMD.zip

based on xnu-3247.1.106

..here no AMD ...I can't test it :P

• Like 2

I have fixed it. :D

Please compile... ;)

xnu-3247.1.106-AnV.diff.zip

PC exploded? :hysterical:

Just about too, installed teh radeon crimson beta drivers on windows click here to get the joke :hysterical: :P :lol:

• Like 2