Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 - Success Hackintosh

164 posts in this topic

Hey Porkserver, 

Sorry about your illness first off.  Feel better soon!  What parts of Andres' files did you copy over to the EFI Partition to be able to get to the OSX Installer?  I can't get the Clover installer USB to boot all of the way.  It usually stops at the slashed zero indication or just reboots.  I have a Z170X-Gaming 7, 6700K, 2 Intel 750 series 400GB NVME drives (most likely my problem), and a Titan X.  Thanks.

Hey Porkserver, 

Sorry about your illness first off.  Feel better soon!  What parts of Andres' files did you copy over to the EFI Partition to be able to get to the OSX Installer?  I can't get the Clover installer USB to boot all of the way.  It usually stops at the slashed zero indication or just reboots.  I have a Z170X-Gaming 7, 6700K, 2 Intel 750 series 400GB NVME drives (most likely my problem), and a Titan X.  Thanks.

Inside Andres zip he posted there is a UEFI folder.  Once I figured out my own mistakes I used the ACPI and Kext folders located inside plus the config file.  Just be sure once you get installed to NOT use his DSDT file and produce your own clean one using F4 prior to booting.  One thing I also noticed with the BIOS settings is things did not work 100% until I booted into windows once after making the IOAPIC = Disabled, XHCI Handoff =Enabled and Serial = Disabled.  After that I stopped getting hangs on USB during boot.  Using his files is fine for the purposes of the install, after the initial install I used the thumb drive as the boot device and selected my fresh installed drive.  From there you can do the OSX setup assistant and then install a clean Clover bootloader on your drive and place his config.plist, file and Kext folder.  Use your own DSDT file produced and edit as needed.

Also be sure to add the Pike AppleAPIC patch to the clover config. https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/appleapic-kext-binary-patch-for-skylake/

Hope that helps!

Screen_Shot_2015_12_17_at_3_23_38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_12_17_at_3_23_47_PM.png

Im pretty sure that people that can barely speak english should not be allowed to run OS X...

I'm pretty sure you have no place on InsanelyMac.... The majority of people contributing to a lot of the work that happens here are not from Murrica chief.  You should check your privilege and show some respect to the community.

• Like 1

Andres ZeroCross: Just noticed in your image files you have Intel 10 SATA/Express showing.

Update: Intel 10 Series does indeed work in the G1 Gaming mobo. Stupid cable problem!

@Andres, Did you have a chance to upload your most current EFI folder and config?  I'm up and running but I am hoping to resolve some lingering issues.  All my USB devices work but I am having a terrible time with audio from my USB headset.

@Andres, Did you have a chance to upload your most current EFI folder and config?  I'm up and running but I am hoping to resolve some lingering issues.  All my USB devices work but I am having a terrible time with audio from my USB headset.

What kind of your audio codec?

Wait,, i am wake up at middle night,, now i am on :D

Let upload the file  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

I am not totally sure what the USB headset uses.  Its a Razer Krakken 7.1 headset.  I am posting my system profile, my DSDT and IORegistry dumps for you to look at if you have time to help.  

I noticed in the config folders you posted you just have 4 kexts in there.  Do you install your Audio kexts and FakeSMC plugins to S/L/E?

ANY help is appreciated!  I am smart enough to be dangerous but could use a nudge in the right direction....

Dumps!.zip

I am not totally sure what the USB headset uses.  Its a Razer Krakken 7.1 headset.  I am posting my system profile, my DSDT and IORegistry dumps for you to look at if you have time to help.  

I noticed in the config folders you posted you just have 4 kexts in there.  Do you install your Audio kexts and FakeSMC plugins to S/L/E?

ANY help is appreciated!  I am smart enough to be dangerous but could use a nudge in the right direction....

Your IOREG Output is corrupt,, you must use IOREG 2.1 not later revision.

So, i assume your USB Headset is not detected at Audio Prefences?? How about System Report -> USB. Is your USB Headset detected??

Hi Andres,

I know you are up late but did you post the file upload you were talking about?

Thanks.

Cek first post  :yes: 

You can use "General Setting Clover" folder that i have uploaded at drop box.

I don't know, i can't edit and upload new file at my post, so i edit the post and give link to dropbox  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

My USB headset and all other devbices show up and work.  However when I use apps like Skype and Discord the Audio through my headset is chirpy and garbled.

Here is a fresh copy of my dump using IOReg 2.1, I had to go find the right version...  I am poking through some other posts to see if I need to adjust settings in Audio/Midi setup.  The other weird thing with USB devices is I still need to hotplug my mouse and sometimes my webcam and other devbices multiple times to get them to show up on a reboot.

I will compare your config file to the one i'm using and see if I have made more Mistakes  :whistle:

Lordaeron.zip

On 12/20/2015 at 6:30 AM, Porkserver said:

My USB headset and all other devbices show up and work.  However when I use apps like Skype and Discord the Audio through my headset is chirpy and garbled.

Here is a fresh copy of my dump using IOReg 2.1, I had to go find the right version...  I am poking through some other posts to see if I need to adjust settings in Audio/Midi setup.  The other weird thing with USB devices is I still need to hotplug my mouse and sometimes my webcam and other devbices multiple times to get them to show up on a reboot.

I will compare your config file to the one i'm using and see if I have made more Mistakes  :whistle:

Hi, dude

Try this file,,, just put in all file inside "Clover" folder to your mine

Then install "AppleHDA.kext" to your System with "kext utility"

Let me know if it works for you  :drool:

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

I think I made a mistake somewhere.  I installed the AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E and added the replaced the others in my CLOVER/Kexts folder as you said to do.  I can see the hardware in the system profiler, but nothing is in my Audio settings.  I am currently repairing permissions again and clearing caches manually.  Will see what happens after next reboot.

Thanks again for your time and assistance!

post-87026-0-17136600-1450572220_thumb.png

post-87026-0-61672800-1450572226_thumb.png

You need to use DSDT too,,, i have modified your DSDT. Try to use it. Put it at EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

I am using the DSDT you enclosed.  I had it loading at one point but it stopped.  I am checking extensions folder to assure voodoo and others are gone.

Can you uploade image of Verbose log?? I want to see it

Another way is you need to tick "Fix HDA" because default device audio at SkyLake is HDAS, and we need to change it to HDEF so tick "Fix HDA", then you need to DROP OEM DSM of HDA because if you want to set Layout ID "2" at config.plist, first you must remove OEM DSM of your HDAS/HDEF.

Try it

post-826544-0-92396500-1450638054_thumb.jpgpost-826544-0-87859200-1450638088_thumb.jpg

Andres's Creative setup works in my Gaming G1 Profile too. Just need to sort out my dsdt like above.

• 2 weeks later...

Andros, Ive hit upon a snag with the GIGABYTE Gaming G1. Id been using a PCIe USB 3 card of recent weeks but decided to see if any of the motherboards USB ports would work since developments and take out the PCIe card. Also one of my front side USB3 blue ports has a pin broken so I have to get round to soldering it back together at some stage but wondered if a missing pin would effect other parts of the USB chain. The fronts list as HS04 4 port from 14410000 to 1440000 and the broken pin means port 14420000 doesn't work. So I should be ok Id have thought with one missing port.

What I would like to know.

Did all your USBs show up from HS01 all the way upto the USR ports when you used USBInjectAll for your board ? Im only getting HS01 to HS10 and since I have a very similar board to yours I wondered why this was occurring. 

In System Information > USB I see the non working device listed as USB 3.0 Bus with;-

USB 3.0 Bus:

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIPCI

PCI Device ID: 0x15b6 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0000 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Nothing I do can get it working it seems.

Could you take a look?

Here attached is my ioregistryexplorer file zipped if you need it.

Thanks

PS   The other device is fine as in;-

USB 3.0 Bus:

Capacity: 15.63 GB (15,631,122,432 bytes)

Removable Media: Yes

BSD Name: disk8

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCISPT

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

PCI Device ID: 0xa12f 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0031 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086 

Volumes:

EFI:

Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)

BSD Name: disk8s1

Content: EFI

Volume UUID: 0E239BC6-F960-3107-89CF-1C97F78BB46B

USB:

Capacity: 15.29 GB (15,287,148,544 bytes)

Available: 4.56 GB (4,556,734,464 bytes)

Writable: Yes

File System: HFS+

BSD Name: disk8s2

Mount Point: /Volumes/USB

Content: Apple_HFS

Volume UUID: C313FE0C-6EF5-30EF-A576-FD4268662199

USB Optical Mouse:

Product ID: 0x2510

Vendor ID: 0x093a  (Pixart Imaging, Inc.)

Version: 1.00

Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: PixArt

Location ID: 0x14800000 / 3

Current Available (mA): 1000

Current Required (mA): 100

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Built-In: Yes

Corsair K65 RGB Gaming Keyboard:

etc...etc....

gamingG1-ioregistryexplorer.zip