[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen El Capitan clean installation

JahStories

220 posts in this topic

I tried a couple of edits too, none of those I tried works for both screens, btw I've 2 dsdts one with the 1660004 that works with the internal display, and 166000a that works with mDP, I choose the one I need on boot time.

It's not the best solution, but better than nothing.

I'm back, after a lot of struggling I decided to start a new fresh install of Yosemite 10.10.5 following your other guide, and everything is just working GREAT. No graphical issue, no flickering, smoothness everywhere, that's perfect :)

Thanks for those posts of your anyway !

• 1 month later...

On my Sp, it's working.

With the original dsdt (I'm not using the one on github) if I edit the platformid to 166000a I've got only the mDP working, no image on the internal screen. 

If I use 1660004 only the internal display is working.

I'm testing sleep and it seems working with this dsdt dsdtsleeptest.aml.zip (it doesn't load b/t), can you test it out too?

thanks

I've been trying to clean the shared original dsdt trying to figure out why it's not loading avastarBT but it doesn't seems related to the _DSM methods.

This one is still not loading bt, but sleep seems ok and it's a bit cleaner...

dsdtst.aml.zip

I tested with this flags at boot

darkwake=0 -gux-defer-usb2 -gux_no_idle

Hey y'all!

Are you running on 10.11.2, 10.11.3 or 10.11.4?

My actual problem under 10.11.2 (10.11.3 refuses to install/run/10.11.4 - havent tried yet) after boot audio is fine, touchbase-drivers have no function. After a "sleep", audio has no function but the touchbase-driver works like a charme. Anyone?

@JahStories: Hey, where is your SIG?! ;)

I'm on 10.11.4 too, had no problems updating and everything working minus wifi and ext mDP.

About the TB drivers there is an updated version, ask for a link at support@touch-base.com

I'm on 10.11.4 too, had no problems updating and everything working minus wifi and ext mDP.

About the TB drivers there is an updated version, ask for a link at support@touch-base.com

Seriously? Can I get it for free (trial) or just for people who paid for it? and does it come with gestures?

My boot stalls midway when I use the updated DSDT. I dont think the graphics derivers are initialising. I can boot with the ones included in the package just fine :) Thanks a mill for that btw ;)

I also cant get Airplay mirroring to work and can't watch netflix.. My graphics card is listed as "Intel HD Graphics 4000,,,,,," With 1536 MB for some reason.

Any idea how to fix it?

Hi,

about the graphics, that's just a cosmetic glitch and mirroring to a Apple TV is working...

I'm using dsdt in post 82 without problems, just no bt...

Good hack!

Following the guides on my Surface 1 w/ 10.11.3 and after installation and reboot it's coming up with a black screen (backlight on).   Almost appears as if it's just not fully activating the display.  If left set idle the backlight turns off but keypress turns it back on.

Using the original file pack and DSDT.   I also tried the one on github w/ the same result.

Attempting to boot into safemode results in the following:

Error allocating 0x12c1 pages at 0x0000000c6700 alloc type 2

Error loading kernel cache (0xe)

Boot failed.

I'm assuming I'm missing something somewhere.     

Can't say I've run into this type of issue on my other machines and looking for any ideas.

Thanks

There is no updated guide for the sp2, do some tests following the guidelines, I have just a first gen. one so i can't help, sorry...

Good luck, if you succeed you can write your first guide ;)

I did some testing and managed to modify JahStories DSDT from looking at myr1s to get BlueTooth working under El Capitan since when I used myr1s it seemed the display panel was not found correctly among other issues.

It is counter to most DSDT edits that I have usually done but it appears simply renaming the XHC and EHC* to USB* solved the issue. Obviously it is somehow related to the new USB stack in El Capitan, and while it does not make any sense it seems to work.

Attached are two modified DSDTs, DSDT_no_PWR.aml and DSDT_w_PWR.aml. DSDT_w_PWR.aml includes the _PWR Methods in the USB* devices, I am not sure if this will break sleep so if it does try DSDT_no_PWR.aml.

Good luck!

FixBtTestDSDT.zip

• Like 3

I figured out my airplay issue. I had to have nullEthernet added before installing the wifi dongle. Everything except bluetooth now works perfectly!

I also found out that el capitan has a fantastic touch keyboard built in, with predictive typing. Its available under "Accessibility > Switch control".

You can even customise it so it fits perfectly on the screen without being in the way.

I was thinking of writing a guide on how to do it and share the keyboard layouts I made, however I am missing a fundamental feature. There is no elegant way to show and hide the keyboard. You can create a panel with a button that will show the keyboard, but when you close the keyboard the button becomes centred on the screen, and there is no way of anchoring it to a corner.

So I was wondering if any of you brilliant people know of a way to create a script, app or terminal command that would quickly check and uncheck the "Enable switch control" button in the preference panel?

I would be eternally grateful and it would make the surface pro hackintosh a lot more useable since this touch keyboard can be used to enter passwords in the login screen :)

I figured it out! I added a custom home panel with a location tab that can be used to pin the keyboard to and show/hide button to wherever you want.

I'm still testing to see if everything works ok, but so far so good. I'm going to make an english keyboard layout and an emoji keyboard soon, for now you can use my norwegian keyboard if you want (pretty much the same as english apart from the additional æøå keys), or customise your own.

Just download my settings file, open "System Preferences > Accessibility > Switch Control > Open Panel Editor" go to "File > Open Active Panel Collection" delete any panels listed and then click "File > Import Panels" then select my file and save.

Then click "Enable Switch Control".

Choose a nice place to pin your button. I like having it on the bottom left since I have the dock pinned to the right side.

I set mine up with HiDPI mode enabled at 720p. If you're using a different resolution, it might not fill the width of your screen.

Link to file: http://rhy.no/hackintosh/Touch_Panel_Norwe….zip

Screenshot: 

http://rhy.no/hackintosh/Untitled_.tiff

http://rhy.no/hackintosh/Untitled.tiff

Edit:

Added an Emoji keyboard (just the smileys for now) and a number pad :)

Turns out the keyboard changes depending on you keyboard language settings. Let me know if you something weird happens when you use it.

Thinking about making a touch panel for gaming too. This might be fun :)

Updated file:http://rhy.no/hackintosh/Active%20Panel%20Collectio.ascconfig.zip

• Like 1

I used the guide to install El Capitan on my SP1, and managed to get it booting from the internal drive, and got my USB Wifi working as well.  The display color and resolution seems more or less fine, but system animations, and lots of websites (especially sites like YouTube) are very choppy, as if there is no hardware acceleration in the graphics driver.

Is this as good as it's going to be right now, or have I missed something in my install?  I read the whole thread in addition to the original Mavericks guide but I got lost along the way and I'm not sure what I should be expecting here.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it, thanks!

For Virtual-Keyboard issues: Keyup (http://www.irradiatedsoftware.com) is a nice one too... and is free, and supported through the touchbase-driver (to trigger it).

I recently talked to the dev. And he will update it (with cool new look and "feel") in the near future.

my2ct ;)

EDIT:

Is anyone using another resolution than 1920x1080 or 1280x720 HiDpi? Since 10.11.4 it is refusing to use my good old 1366 x 768 HiDpi via switchresX...

• Like 1