[HOW TO] Fix second stage boot logo and loading bar for some dedicated desktop video cards

arsradu

391 posts in this topic

As I wrote, I already delete Inject in Clover when posting this :) 
Currently I dont have any custom DSDT (but did try to use, no difference, so I removed them).

Monitor resolution is 1920x1200 and I did try to add this, made no difference. I'll be home in aprox. 2h and will try again.

edit: Now if I add resolution in GUI, clover disk selection works good, but second stage boot same (or. I cant even spot a loader in second stage boot)

As I wrote, I already delete Inject in Clover when posting this :) 

Currently I dont have any custom DSDT (but did try to use, no difference, so I removed them).

Monitor resolution is 1920x1200 and I did try to add this, made no difference. I'll be home in aprox. 2h and will try again.

edit: Now if I add resolution in GUI, clover disk selection works good, but second stage boot same (or. I cant even spot a loader in second stage boot)

Hmm... ok. Can you extract a fresh device-properties.hex (vanilla one, non-edited) and send it to me for a quick comparison?

Also, did you try the method described above (using Clover's BootDisplay feature)?

Could you explain me if with 10.11.5 and gtx 770 have I do the guide of first post? I ve a dsdt of course!!!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello,

Of course you do it. :)

If you have a custom DSDT.aml, consider moving/removing it for the purpose of this test.

Vanilla device-properties.xml attached.

I did try Clover config BootDisplay, no difference.

I even moved monitor to first displayPort (DVI) - means "0" (or A) - currently on DVI port 0

No clue... The editing is ok. Not sure why it doesn't work.

it's might not be about the GTX770

I have GTX660, tried for very long time to fix second stage boot without successes

than I tried same fix with different monitor and it's working fine

switched back to my monitor and again not working

for the records - I can't get it to work with Dell 2209WA

I have Samsung 24 1200p. Interesting. Will try another monitor on Monday, just to test this teaory.

That is an interesting thought. I didn't have issues with my old monitor. But I did have with the new one, at first. Until I realized I need a fresh new device-properties.hex file. And that worked beautifully. That's why I asked you to get a fresh new one with whatever configuration you were using now.

Sorry if I already asked this, but are you in full UEFI boot (meaning with CSM disabled)? That should help with the issue.

Also, did you try the InjectEDID feature of Clover? Might help with the monitor detection.

My second stage boot has "fixed". Removed all fixes, nothing in. 
Only problem I had, was "automatic login". I removed that, and now second stage boot loader works fine. Cant explain.

And I have full UEFI (Legacry disabled), monitor is Samsung 2433BW, DVI connection from Port0 (A port, first one).

• Like 1

Now we need a new fix - second stage boot with auto login enabled :)

Indeed! FYI: I also get a black screen instead of the 2nd stage boot logo when I use the "other technique", i.e. by setting "AAPL,boot-display" in my SSDT. Not sure what happens when you do this with Clover but I guess its the same.

Confirmed. We need a new fix for auto-login. :)) Once enabled, you will lose the second stage boot logo and loading bar.

I'll put this on the main post, in case people having issues are using the auto-login feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man it worked. I made it but still my display doesn't show as a APPL, BootDisplay? I still can't find a way how to inject my display as BootDisplay?

Your boot display is B@1.

Did you try to follow the tutorial on the first page and ADD boot-display properties for B@1?

Your boot display is B@1.

Did you try to follow the tutorial on the first page and ADD boot-display properties for B@1?

I did but nothing changed.

No Apple Logo and Loading bar after Clover Boot Screen. I made video added to down below. My Video card is MSI GTX 660 2GB with UEFI GOP in BIOS CMS Disabled. I also using AGDPfix.app otherwise my VRAM shown 1MB.

Result is;

Asus Boot Logo + Clover Boot Screen is Full resolution but No Apple Logo and Loading Bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XMEnQLrtjA

If I enabled CSM on BIOS. All resolution messed up every thing looks 800x600 Clover Boot Screen comes with black border but Apple Logo And Loading Bar is appear. Looks down below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPgEiEKX5I

I am attaching my all files.

After the Fisrt Page Touched.zip

Before the Fisrt Page UnTouched.zip

Murat’s Macs IOreg.zip

Feel sorry for you @Murat0zgul, this card should work OOB. I manually dump last bootlog from your ioreg and didnt found any "Injected EFIString of length ...", indicate that injection was failed
Have you tried to use Clover DSDT fixes: ReuseFFFF & FixDisplay_0100?
And Clover inject Nvidia didnt work for you? (Devices -> Inject -> False)

The last chance is to inject via D/SSDT, You can merge it with your "SSDT-USB-Z170-A.aml"

<dict>
  <key>ACPI</key>
  <dict>
    <key>DSDT</key>
    <dict>
      <key>Fixes</key>
      <dict>
        <key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
        <true/>
      </dict>
      <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
      <true/>
    </dict>
  </dict>
  <key>Devices</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <false/>
  </dict>
  <key>Graphics</key>
  <dict>
    <key>BootDisplay</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <dict>
      <key>NVidia</key>
      <true/>
    </dict>
    <key>VideoPorts</key>
    <integer>3</integer>
  </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

• Like 1

Feel sorry for you @Murat0zgul, this card should work OOB. I manually dump last bootlog from your ioreg and didnt found any "Injected EFIString of length ...", indicate that injection was failed

Have you tried to use Clover DSDT fixes: ReuseFFFF & FixDisplay_0100?

And Clover inject Nvidia didnt work for you? (Devices -> Inject -> False)

The last chance is to inject via D/SSDT, You can merge it with your "SSDT-USB-Z170-A.aml"

<dict>
  <key>ACPI</key>
  <dict>
    <key>DSDT</key>
    <dict>
      <key>Fixes</key>
      <dict>
        <key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
        <true/>
      </dict>
      <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
      <true/>
    </dict>
  </dict>
  <key>Devices</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <false/>
  </dict>
  <key>Graphics</key>
  <dict>
    <key>BootDisplay</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <dict>
      <key>NVidia</key>
      <true/>
    </dict>
    <key>VideoPorts</key>
    <integer>3</integer>
  </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I did nothing. Even your suggestion. Really nothing. Couple of minutes ago I open my computer and after 1 year suddenly apple logo and loading bar came. I restart machine it came again. I will full shutdown and restart again after write this message. I am attaching my bootlog, ioreg and config. Could you please check my previous ioreg with this new one is something change? I looked but doesn't see anything almost everything same. But how can be possible I still don't get it!

Edit: After Full Shutdown I wait 30 min. and start machine magic happened Apple Logo and Loading bar came again. But I am still trust my hack probably after couple of day s it will gone :)

Boot Log, Config, IOreg.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Not working on my EVGA 980Ti.

Thank you. That's very useful.

I did nothing. Even your suggestion. Really nothing. Couple of minutes ago I open my computer and after 1 year suddenly apple logo and loading bar came. I restart machine it came again. I will full shutdown and restart again after write this message. I am attaching my bootlog, ioreg and config. Could you please check my previous ioreg with this new one is something change? I looked but doesn't see anything almost everything same. But how can be possible I still don't get it!

Edit: After Full Shutdown I wait 30 min. and start machine magic happened Apple Logo and Loading bar came again. But I am still trust my hack probably after couple of day s it will gone :)

Hey, so glad it finally worked for you. So you used the GTX 660 in your signature?

Can you make a sum-up of what you did to get it to work? Did you apply those fixes that cecekpawon mentioned above in your config? I would like to update the first post and add the GTX 660 to the list of working cards (thanks cecekpawon). But I would like a bit more details on what you did to get it to work.