Guide Clover Dell Precision 690 Workstation

chris1111

373 posts in this topic

Impossible to see this. As i read somewhere here these xenon that is supported from the mob has not instruction set sse 4.1 which is a de fecto must have for 10.12 macOs sierra   

End of story for our machines .

Impossible to see this. As i read somewhere here these xenon that is supported from the mob has not instruction set sse 4.1 which is a de fecto must have for 10.12 macOs sierra   

I guess we should not be surprised apple has a way of dropping support for older hardware. However if you look at it from an end user even if your hardware is running an older version of OSX and it still performs what you need it to do then it is ok. Only when you need the latest and greatest software does the newest OSX become a problem. A lot of guys out there build PC to run the latest versions of OSX these Dell Precisions are doing it for a lot less. I spent less than 250.00 on my whole setup and I am completely happy with what it does.

• Like 1

I have been working too much and haven't had a change to get back to this until now. I would like to upload my hardware signature but really don't know how to get it. Could someone tell me how or point me to a link?

I know it's a dumb question....

Thanks very much for the help,

-J

EDIT:

Chris1111, you were just asking for my machine specs in the profile signature? I think I was over complicating the whole thing.

I am still having the problem where the installer won't boot. After Clover boots on the USB drive, I get stuck with the "_" in the upper right hand corner of the screen..

I have been working too much and haven't had a change to get back to this until now. I would like to upload my hardware signature but really don't know how to get it. Could someone tell me how or point me to a link?

I know it's a dumb question....

Thanks very much for the help,

-J

EDIT:

Chris1111, you were just asking for my machine specs in the profile signature? I think I was over complicating the whole thing.

I am still having the problem where the installer won't boot. After Clover boots on the USB drive, I get stuck with the "_" in the upper right hand corner of the screen..

Try to change USB Port or retry with another USB drive more faster

Hope that help

Missing Siri 

Milion of people dont care for siri by the time. Because siri is not working with all the languages. e.g. i am a greek. There is not exist a greek siri option. If i speak to siri with my greek-english accent siri will not understand me.

The innovation is not siri but is the new file system. Behind the cameras and the show at the presentation of siri, serious mac users must keep in mind this: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/701/

Not impossible for the InsanelyMac community, just look at AMD running on OS X and SSSE3 Emu ;)

• Like 1

Hey Chris1111, I just stumbled upon this memory ram riser card for the 690 and I'd like to know what's the max ram the 690 can handle?  I've never done this before as I have no clue how to install the cards either. 

Hey Chris1111, I just stumbled upon this memory ram riser card for the 690 and I'd like to know what's the max ram the 690 can handle?  I've never done this before as I have no clue how to install the cards either. 

I have 32 Gig Ram Kingston DDR3 667 Mhz for 2 Xeons X5355

I think its a Max memory

According to dell the precision 690 can handle until 64 gb of ram with the use of memory riser. But believe me when the wrote the specs about the max possible ram there were not memory dimms of 8 gb . So if you buy memory dimms of 8 gb then you can have 64 gb ram without use memory risers. But 8 gb memory dimms are very expensive.

0xAE9 This time it is not so easy i think

• 1 month later...

Here your Post Installer HP Z800

Clover r3354 :)

Test to a Fresh Installation and let me know

115.png

210.png

I am integrate Clover Prefpanel

311.png

On bonus your SystemLogo :thumbsup_anim::D

--10.png

Hello mate,

i can't see any attachment here.

Can you help me please whit Post Installer for HP Z800?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here your Post Installer HP Z800

Clover r3354 :)

Test to a Fresh Installation and let me know

115.png

210.png

I am integrate Clover Prefpanel

311.png

On bonus your SystemLogo :thumbsup_anim::D

--10.png

I am new to the hackintosh community, where  can I find the z880 post installation files? I can't seem to find them. 

If these do not copy the boot loader and/or its partition, you'll have to re-install this on your cloned disk.

Thats right

Chris, 

How are you doing? I hope you are doing very well.

Do you have any suggestion for upgrade new SSD? I'm using SSD 128GB and would like to upgrade to another SDD 256GB. I tried to use CCC and SuperDuper. Both said successful but system cannot boot up. 

Good you ?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway of getting this installer compiled as a completed dmg so I can transmac it? I have a near identical dell 690 to the original system apart from a quadro for gfx , but no mac to compile with.

Thanks

Managed to create usb installer , then install , then figure out where I was going wrong after many attempts... ie the post install not being selected for install!

Thanks for this installer. I am now considering going MAC , due to the complete farce that is windows 7 update being broken and Msoft not offering a one click solution for it.

As of now I am dual booting el cap and win 7 oem , after much hassle trying to get win updates to work. Legit , without SLP 2.1 in bios using dell reinstall dvd and coa.

This setup was achieved by using a 690 with 32 gb ram , quadro 1700 , dual xeon quad same as in guide , 2 hds , win7 as hd0 samsung 750 250 gb , osx as hd1 on old seagate 160 until i migrate to ssd. SAS perm disabled and vt renabled after successful install in bios.

win 7 I installed first , all updates , shutdown , then disconnected hd  ,after  power cord removed.

Then install of ElCap with your installer on separate hd until working with clover and booting  , as only hd - as directed in the instructions you supplied.

Then I reconnected both and booted win 7 as 0 , ran BCEDIT , added a grub chainloader to load clover on hd1. Result dual boot , tried for days to have it on one hd but for safety ended up going the dual hd route to be able to back up to either hd for image. 

Reason for chainloader , clover just refuses to boot windows hd even though it shows up two windows icons , one being the system reserved the other being the windows proper none of them worked.

Some noted mods in win7 oem 64 pro , disabled hibernate freeing 32gb on ssd , disabled pagefile , again freeing up 32gb. Important if you only have say a small ssd like a 120.

Also had it working well for over a week then used minitool partition manager to adjust win drive for creating an drive image back up partition , locked up the ssd drive and lost it so had to start again. So if you are considering doing this do the partition first before installing windows on the hd.

Again thanks

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but where exactly is the download link at? Ive used this wonderful little program and could really use it again.

Thanks!

right back at page 1 , click spoiler.

Chris,

How to clone current SSD to another SSD using EL Capitan for Precision 690?

Suggest a drive image software , perhaps came with your ssd or on the manf website, there is many out there. Most likely a bit for bit cloner if using the same drive.

• 1 year later...