Guide Clover Dell Precision 690 Workstation

chris1111

373 posts in this topic

Lol, my Z400 works wonderfully on Mavericks with Chameleon. I never experienced that issue with it. It's not really much of a big deal honestly. I could deal with that, it's just the fan noises that get to me.

I just Buy this Wifi card  :D  BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0

Great stuff Wifi Native and Bluetooth

Handoff continuity  :lol:

Ps: You need to connect the included USB cable to the motherboard for the Bluetooth works

imac2010.jpg

pc10.jpg

Link here 

http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadcom-bcm94360cd-802-11-a-b-g-n-ac-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

All item here

http://www.osxwifi.com

Picture of the result  :wink_anim:

wifi10.png

blut10.png

This is the first time my Magic mousse work no Dungle Bluetooth :P  :lol:

313.png

• Like 4

Chris Perfect choice you did! 

At last i manage (After 7 days and million of trial and error)  to make my Nvidia GT 620 works perfect on HDMI. If somebody has problems with this GPU (very rough GPU to work on El Capitan) feel free ask me how to. I have just one aesthetically problem . It detects my monitor as 38,5"  :hysterical:

Chris Perfect choice you did! 

At last i manage (After 7 days and million of trial and error)  to make my Nvidia GT 620 works perfect on HDMI. If somebody has problems with this GPU (very rough GPU to work on El Capitan) feel free ask me how to. I have just one aesthetically problem . It detects my monitor as 38,5"  :hysterical:

Yes thats not the best Graphics card  :hysterical:  :P  :lol:

You can try this config.plist

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking about upgrading my CPUs on the 690 and finally got a pair of E5472 which clocks at 3.0 ghz. I just swapped them and no post. I tried removing the cmos battery I'm still not getting any post on screen. I even swapped X5470 off my xw8600 workstation which also clocks at 3.0 ghz and still no post. Any ideas why I'm not getting any post on screen?

So I was thinking about upgrading my CPUs on the 690 and finally got a pair of E5472 which clocks at 3.0 ghz. I just swapped them and no post. I tried removing the cmos battery I'm still not getting any post on screen. I even swapped X5470 off my xw8600 workstation which also clocks at 3.0 ghz and still no post. Any ideas why I'm not getting any post on screen?

I think the Max CPU on Dell Precision 690 is the X5355 :blush:

I'm afraid you're right Chris. I was just doing some research and the 690 only supports CPU class from x50xx to x53xx series. I'll revert back to the old trusty x5355 sets I guess. Thanks for your prompt response man. I appreciate your input.

What's the difference between the M91 and the M91P?  I've got one motherboard i believe it's the M91P version.

If you see the Specs and the picture in the web, the diferance is huge! m91p you  dont have Graphics PCIe slot I think and other slot

PCIe and PCI :blush:  Not sure :(

Oh i see, thanks mate. Online they always seem to put them together like M91/M91p so i just wanted to know.  Btw, my precision 690 crapped out last night.  I didn't do anything differently after i put back the x5355 CPUs.  Later on last night, i noticed my time was off and when i tried to change the time zone it kept giving me an error and then after Finder was given me an error. I hard powered it off, upon restart i keep getting Kernel Panic.  No matter what i try i still get KP.  Im going to have to reinstall i suppose.

So after a few traces back, I think I know what caused my Precision 690 to go coocoo. Are you ready for this? It's the Lenovo Thinkcentre M91 you just posted. I tried it on 3 different partitions and it messed all of them up. It messed up my El Capitan partition on my 690 first, then I tried on the Yosemite partition, same thing. I left the installer running on my previous hackintosh before the precision 690 and so far it looks like it's gonna be doing the same thing. Freezes everything. Can't open anything else while the installer is running.

So after a few traces back, I think I know what caused my Precision 690 to go coocoo. Are you ready for this? It's the Lenovo Thinkcentre M91 you just posted. I tried it on 3 different partitions and it messed all of them up. It messed up my El Capitan partition on my 690 first, then I tried on the Yosemite partition, same thing. I left the installer running on my previous hackintosh before the precision 690 and so far it looks like it's gonna be doing the same thing. Freezes everything. Can't open anything else while the installer is running.

You not change destination disk Installation!

I Update today (This morning) Installer to prevent this

Sorry

Trust me my friend, I prepared the thumb drive via disk utility and named it USB.. I selected the usb all 3x in my attempts, it then changed the USB name to MacUSB or something like that. The reason why I know it's the installer because I left it running all night and no progress at all.  I noticed that the installer pushes files to the root of the partition.  I didn't notice that before with your previous installers.

• Like 1

Trust me my friend, I prepared the thumb drive via disk utility and named it USB.. I selected the usb all 3x in my attempts, it then changed the USB name to MacUSB or something like that. The reason why I know it's the installer because I left it running all night and no progress at all.  I noticed that the installer pushes files to the root of the partition.  I didn't notice that before with your previous installers.

You truts me ! I know its your mistake, I commit this mistake in the past couple times  and I know

its frustrating

THATS Impossible if you are select USB drive Installation is on USB Drive

thats UNIX Apple Shell script and this  is never mistaken

EDIT***

Anyway Installer is Updated for prevent this kind of mistake

Testing by me 5 time and a row to external SSD 120 gig

2 mintutes by Instalaltion

You know what I am pretty sure SPAMER take this discussin and spaming my thread :frantics:

Please next time PM me for this kind of discution

Thanks

Sorry again

Excuse my faut pas Chris, didn't mean to disrespect your work. I'm not that type of dude. If I offended you in any way, please forgive me bro. You've been a great help to me including a lot of people in this community and I'm grateful for that. I'll re-download the installer and try again. Sorry for my troubles.

I think the Max CPU on Dell Precision 690 is the X5355 :blush:

I ordered from ebay 2 Xeon 5365 before 5 days. When i receive the parcel i will inform you if the xeon 5365 are compatible with my precision 490 and of course if it is with 490 will be compatible also combatible with precision 690. I  believe because Xeon 5365 is a member of 53xx family its gonna work. 

I have a question: When i put me precision 490 to sleep mode , it goes to sleep but immediately after 1 second it wakes up by itself. After a lot of experiments and clear installs of el capitan i found out it was my usb bluetooth dongle which created that problem. Then i connected a normal usb mouse and detache my usb bluetooth dongle which i use it for my original Apple magic mouse.

Since then, half times my computer stays at sleep mode but half times it goes to sleep and again wake up by itself after 1 sec since went in sleep mode.

Do you believe it is something common with DSDT? Have anyone the same problem? I am 99% sure that the Bios of precision 490 is exactly the same Bios with 690. I have the last version of bios A8 and the same bios revision (A8) is also upload from dell to the official support page for 690.

Any help someone?

I ordered from ebay 2 Xeon 5365 before 5 days. When i receive the parcel i will inform you if the xeon 5365 are compatible with my precision 490 and of course if it is with 490 will be compatible also combatible with precision 690. I  believe because Xeon 5365 is a member of 53xx family its gonna work. 

I have a question: When i put me precision 490 to sleep mode , it goes to sleep but immediately after 1 second it wakes up by itself. After a lot of experiments and clear installs of el capitan i found out it was my usb bluetooth dongle which created that problem. Then i connected a normal usb mouse and detache my usb bluetooth dongle which i use it for my original Apple magic mouse.

Since then, half times my computer stays at sleep mode but half times it goes to sleep and again wake up by itself after 1 sec since went in sleep mode.

Do you believe it is something common with DSDT? Have anyone the same problem? I am 99% sure that the Bios of precision 490 is exactly the same Bios with 690. I have the last version of bios A8 and the same bios revision (A8) is also upload from dell to the official support page for 690.

Any help someone?

Sorry but I really dont know about the 490 my 690 wake and sleep as normal and I dont have issue about that,

I know thats really hard to fugure it out ?? :blush:

Excuse my faut pas Chris, didn't mean to disrespect your work. I'm not that type of dude. If I offended you in any way, please forgive me bro. You've been a great help to me including a lot of people in this community and I'm grateful for that. I'll re-download the installer and try again. Sorry for my troubles.

Its ok sorry again Blaggah :(