Guide Clover Dell Precision 690 Workstation

chris1111

373 posts in this topic

I am also having the problem where it won't boot the kernel. I have a Precision 690 with dual Xeon 5080 processors. I tried turning off the pstates and cstates but that didn't work. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, it seems that I should at lease get to the kernel. All I have is the "_" in the upper left of the screen.

Thanks

J

I am also having the problem where it won't boot the kernel. I have a Precision 690 with dual Xeon 5080 processors. I tried turning off the pstates and cstates but that didn't work. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, it seems that I should at lease get to the kernel. All I have is the "_" in the upper left of the screen.

Thanks

J

You have also ?? 

thats not a big info

Pstates have nothing to do

Also 32GB of ram, BIOS A08, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card. 2 TB Hard drive. Bios setting match instructions. The only reason I tried the pstates and cstates is that another user reported that disabling them worked for him. I tried npci=0x2000 also.

Hope thats more info. 

Thanks,

J

Also 32GB of ram, BIOS A08, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card. 2 TB Hard drive. Bios setting match instructions. The only reason I tried the pstates and cstates is that another user reported that disabling them worked for him. I tried npci=0x2000 also.

Hope thats more info. 

Thanks,

J

Next time you are boot, boot in verbose mode and Post Picture when its hang

See on EFI  /CLOVER / config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>

Change ATI false for true
<true/>

attachicon.gifIMG_1.jpg

First image is just to show that I am getting that far. Second shows what happens right after I hit enter on verbose.

I did try false to true on ATI it didn't help.

Thanks again,

J

Speaking from experience, sometimes changing certain boot args within clover bootloader doesn't always work. You have to physically change what @chris1111 said from the config.plist and save it.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_1.jpg

First image is just to show that I am getting that far. Second shows what happens right after I hit enter on verbose.

I did try false to true on ATI it didn't help.

Thanks again,

J

Hum,,I think that Clover is unclear installed on the USB stick

Try to Start the app Clover Dell Precision and select Post Installer and select Only Clover  to the USB drive

Retry and let me know 

Chris, how do i get the picture on my 690 like you have?  Can i add my own picture and change the name in about mac? i've seen it done on Mavericks and earlier but yosemite and el capitan seems to be unclear.  

What happened when I ran the post installer on the usb drive and selected Clover only, it said "Installation Failed".

After that, I tried it again and accidentally installed it to my real Mac...... :( 

Have to fix that before I can continue....can't believe I did that....oh well.

-J

What happened when I ran the post installer on the usb drive and selected Clover only, it said "Installation Failed".

After that, I tried it again and accidentally installed it to my real Mac...... :(

Have to fix that before I can continue....can't believe I did that....oh well.

-J

If that failed its your SIP security is to high on you Mac 

I am using 10.8.5 to create the usb drive when I get the "The Installation Failed" message. Is this still a SIP security problem?

Thanks,

J

I dont think this is working in Mountain Lion ?

Yosemite and El Capitan Yes

I upgraded my real Mac to El Captan. Then disabled the sip security. I ran the tool and created the usb drive and also ran the post install with no problem. I selected clover and it installed. I am still having the same problem. I have no idea what is going on....

Thanks,

J

I upgraded my real Mac to El Captan. Then disabled the sip security. I ran the tool and created the usb drive and also ran the post install with no problem. I selected clover and it installed. I am still having the same problem. I have no idea what is going on....

Thanks,

J

Make a signature of the hardware please

Hey Chris, i just got an SSD today and I'd like to know how do I clone the partition to SSD without reinstalling the OS again? I'd like to have the recovery option under efi boot screen.. 

Cloning SSD you can used CCCloner

I just started using the SuperDuper app and i prefer it over CCCloner.. My question is, how do i get the recovery option on the SSD on the EFI boot loader screen?

Your suppose to have the recovery HD on boot screen

Maibe Super duper not copying the RecoveryHD