[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who put this excellent guide together. I was able to follow most everything from post #20. I am currently typing this post on my XE700T1C-A01US running OS 10.11.1 installed on my 256gb internal SSD. I used a generic 8gb USB flash drive to install 10.11.1 installer onto then proceeded to install from there onto a 32gb USB flash drive.

I am now having a problem booting up from the internal SSD without having my USB flash drives inserted. Clover GUI doesn't show up at all upon boot without the external 32gb USB drive inserted and pressing F10.

I bought the Ativ about 3 years ago and it was already set up with dual booting Windows 8 and OS 10.8.2. I soon found out I didn't really ever wanted to use the Win side of things so I ended up erasing and reformatting the SSD and attempted to do a clean install of just 10.8.2. Every guide I followed said to format the HD/SSD to GUID but I could never get it to boot (sometimes chimera wouldnt even show up) so I finally tried formatting the HD/SSD to MBR and voila 10.8.2 installed and the internal SSD could reach the boot screen and boot into 10.8.2

Now it seems I am having the same problem again. Upon attempting to boot from the internal SSD with OS 10.11.1 on it all I can see is an error message stating something about "All boot options are tried ..." - if I press ESC key a few times I can get to the BIOS screen and I've got all the settings correct as per the post #20 on this thread.

I've spent quite some time and trial and error to get everything working and installed. I don't want to have to reformat my SSD to MBR now to get it up and running without having to have one of my USB flash drives inserted.

If anyone has any advice or experience with this happening to them I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!

Easy!

You have two choices:

If you don't have windows (may not work in rare cases)

1) Make a folder named Microsoft in the EFI folder (not the root of the EFI partition as there is a folder named EFI too) then add a folder in Microsoft named Boot then copy in boot folder that you just made cloverx64.efi from the clover folder (copy not move) then rename it to bootmgfw.efi (note: if you have already windows there with its original bootmgfw.efi, rename it to bootmgfw-orig.efi then copy the clover one and rename it to bootmgfw.efi)

if you're ok with installing windows (it wont format the disk to MBR, it will keep OS X partition, and it's 100% effective!

2) This method works 100%! I tried it with a spoutnik12 (he pmed me). Repartition os x drive using diskutil command (as the disk utility app is useless and the patched one gets an error and wont ever partition it for you).

So you type in terminal:

diskutil list
It will output you drives and volumes, you'll notice (most of the time) that the disk where os x resides in is disk0 (recheck and if not, use the disk number you have like disk1 ...), and the partition of os x is something like "disk0s2" since disk0s1 is EFI (again, if not check the according numbers), type then:

diskutil resizeVolume disk0s1 200G
Wait for it to resize, that will make us a 64GB free space for windows

Then plug a blank usb (4GB at least) and you should have a windows 8 iso (or 8.1 or whatever, but not lesser than 8) with its according version you got the tablet with (either pro or the non pro one, but that's not an issue), open bootcamp, select "make windows 7 or earlier disk" (just that do not check any other one) then, select your iso then your blank usb and hit next (if it didnt work retry again) and leave it make the usb. Once done, reboot into the usb (Boot the tablet hitting volume down and power, you will get UEFI: <insert your usb drive model here> ) and let it boot into windows installer, once there, choose "unused free space" then hit next and let it instal', once on windows desktop (for better and quicker results, do not connect to the wifi in the setup, just make a local account), connect to the internet, download easyuefi (http://www.easyuefi.com/) install it and once there, 

Sckreenshot%20(12).png?dl=1

Select the Add button (see pic above)

then

Scrkeenshot%20(13).png?dl=1

• Select "Linux or other OS"
  • Choose a name (I named it clover)
  • Choose the EFI partition
  • Hit browse, then go to EFI > CLOVER > CLOVERX64.EFI
  • Hit ok then:

Screenskhot%20(14).png?dl=1

Move the Entry to the upper rank, close the app and reboot, you should be on clover.

After that (if you want to remove Windows), reboot to the Windows installer, in the partitions window, select Microsoft Reserved partition and select Remove, then select the windows partition and do the same, you should get an "unused free space" (or something like that), select it, choose format and quit the installer (do not install) and reboot to os x.

Once in OS X, open terminal, and type

diskutil list
normally, the new partition we made (by removing two) should be disk0s3 (and named Microsoft DATA or similar)

type this then:

diskutil eraseVolume JHFS+ Blank disk0s3
and once done type this (I hope it doesn't corrupt your data, make sure you backed it up, usually it shouldn't)

diskutil mergePartitions JHFS+ "Macintosh HD" disk0s2 disk0s3
and let it do its magic, once done, you may boot from the SSD directly. Tho this problem didn't happen to me, weird to find some people with this case!

@midi thanks so much for your response but I just so happened to figure it out after multiple reboots and sacrificing virgin kittens to the hackintosh gods!

Clover GUI shows up right away when I have the USB plugged in. The internal SSD with 10.11.1 was still fully functioning just was not able to boot and it was driving me crazy!

Anyways I noticed that along the row of selections after the listed available hard drives/OSs and recovery partitions there was a selection for "Boot Options" (i think if i remember correctly) and there happened to be 2 of them, buttons that said "Boot Options" and each one had the same set of selections after I pressed space bar. Turns out each button corresponds to each mounted available hard drive and i just went to the one that matched my SSD and pressed return on the selection for "Add Clover boot options to all entries". After booting up and shutting down twice to confirm I am happy to report that that was all I needed to do to get my SSD to boot 10.11.1 without using my external USB drive.

Wow there went a whole good chunk of my day/night! I definitely feel like an idiot for missing that simple thing! I hope this helps anyone else who might have the same problem. Such a noob I am!

Well for me, I made the intaller popup on each boot, if it stucks I use my mouse to install it as usual, if you want that we need somekind of script that have a scheduled running, automator doesnt offert that and im not a coder ;/

Btw dont download the script I made, it's uncompleted (or it's just me who didnt finish it yet) and i dropped os x on this device for this time being (i have some serious work to do, will go back to it later)

lespresson, go to the AIO Guide For hackintosh, follow the guide, come back here, download the touch drivers (which were originally made for xe700t1a and install it, try cleaning unneeded stuff. POST YOU OWN GUIDE AFTER THAT :D THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

This tutorial soulhd work for your Xe700t1a.

the difference is:

| Xe700t1c       | Xe700t1a

cpu                 | i5-3337U        | i5-2467M

intel graphic   | hd4000          | hd3000

so hdmi audio patch will not be the same ( easy to find)

dsdt patch may change (not sure)

all the rest will be strictly the same.

you have send my private message, and i saw than you had no fakesmc.kext in your clover folder.

i repeat, read carefully, and you will enjoy a mac os x slate !

cheers

lespresson, go to the AIO Guide For hackintosh, follow the guide, come back here, download the touch drivers (which were originally made for xe700t1a and install it, try cleaning unneeded stuff. POST YOU OWN GUIDE AFTER THAT :D THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

i am reading the aio guide now,thz 

This tutorial soulhd work for your Xe700t1a.

the difference is:

| Xe700t1c       | Xe700t1a

cpu                 | i5-3337U        | i5-2467M

intel graphic   | hd4000          | hd3000

so hdmi audio patch will not be the same ( easy to find)

dsdt patch may change (not sure)

all the rest will be strictly the same.

you have send my private message, and i saw than you had no fakesmc.kext in your clover folder.

i repeat, read carefully, and you will enjoy a mac os x slate !

cheers

yes,you alreday told me it would work,i did not forget to put a fakesmc.kext downloaded from this guide,may be i did wrong something else,so i read reply and guide carefully again ,tkz 

@kwjenkins did you have to repatch anything our did you just let it do the update and reboot?

Btw anyone here haves HDMI audio out working? I have video but no audio. When it's plugged into my TV and I check my sys prefs panel it doesn't show up under sound either

@duduclx I followed post #20 to do my install. Although now after running Novabench several times and comparing my results to my previous install of ML it seems I may have something wrong with my current install overall.

Has anyone else here used Novabench at all to benchmark their Ativ? Here is a screenshot showing my current install with 10.11.1 on the left and 10.8.2 on the right. It looks like only one of my cores is being used? My SSD write speed is way down. The only improvement that I can see is the GPU operations are now better.

I ran Novabench on my  old Mac Mini and it had a higher score than my latest install of El Capitan on my Ativ!

post-1345519-0-97161200-1449768280_thumb.png

for cpu: do you use an ssdt? did you change your thermal paste? did you patch your bios with pmpatch? do you use KernelPM or ACPUPMPatch? 

for ssd: have you enabled trim with trimforce or clover patching?

there maybe other factors like heat, hot reboot from windows or another os, the components are getting old or may be altered.

i'll run a benchmark one I get os x on this device again

@midi I believe I'm using an SSDT. I just followed the instructions from post #20. I have never opened up my case so no to the thermal paste. I haven't patched the bios. I think the bios is P08AAT? Not sure on KernelPM or ACPUPMPatch. I believe it's ACPUPMPatch. For my SSD i do have TRIM enabled and I just did it through the terminal.

When I ran Novabench on my Ativ with ML installed I think I had Windows 8 still installed on another partition. Now I only have El Capitan installed and only one partition on it.

Thanks for your response and insight!

Hmmm, your firmware is outdated, the latest one is P10AAT, if you update it, remake dsdt and ssdts (crucial). And for now, remove you ssdt, do a cold boot (power off then power it on after a while) and redo the benchmarks, try with and without XCPM (KernelPM + -xcpm) with and without ssdt. And make sure you close all apps, disable autostart of apps and do a cold boot for each benchmark. This will show you where is the problem.

@midi I no longer have Windows 8 at all on this computer or a back up. I never used it and never thought I would again. I think I have a Windows 7 install DVD laying around. Is there any way to update the bios manually without having to re-install windows?

@edwinvarelas thanks for giving me comparison to base my build from! I am now in the process of trying out the suggestions midi had given me. Your numbers look way closer to what my old install of ML had. I followed your guide to the letter. I didn't do the screen rotation or ADB remapping yet though. Thanks for all your great work and guide. I will report back with my findings