[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

you can create a dummy driver to disable the touch, but it's more simple to use the touch-base driver.

you can write a driver to have palm rejection, but it's not available.

maybe it's wrong, but i think than the touch-base driver with the gestures app can do palm rejection (so you must have a licence).

• Like 1

Normally, when you use the touch driver for atmel only (that comes without the gesture app) it works with the wacom official drivers, which disables touch when using pen with palm rejection, i asked the touchbase support but they always send me to the Slate 7 documentation with the pen + touch + gesture app, if anyone can edit the Touch Console app itself to remove Wacom implementation that would be good, cuz removing it from within the console panel breaks it and have to force close it or reinstall it, I tried editing the kext (signed and non signed with different senarios) the console is frozen and the touch drivers break! So the conclusion is that the console app itself is made for those specific devices, the driver itself is generic and work for all devices (I found many vendor IDs in the kext plist).

So we have either mod it, or make dummy kext that disables the recognition of the console for the Wacom device and gives the hand to any other driver.

Hope that it helps.

@midi whit your dummyhda the hdmi sound works but the sound no work after the sleep (without the patch of sleep of @laptopgenesis work the sound after sleep) and whit the applehda from @keiner99 the sounds work after the sleep but the hdmi sound not work. any suggestion?

Weird, with my kext + codeccommander audio still works after sleep, sometimes, it needs to go to sleep again, so I found a trick (that works on all my hacks): just after the screen goes off when the tablet wants to sleep, leave it for 10 secs then hit power btn again, and push volume rockers to heck sound, it happens usually after a short sleep time. This should work, but for me I got this for like once or twice on my tablet since I installed os x on it!

Weird, with my kext + codeccommander audio still works after sleep, sometimes, it needs to go to sleep again, so I found a trick (that works on all my hacks): just after the screen goes off when the tablet wants to sleep, leave it for 10 secs then hit power btn again, and push volume rockers to heck sound, it happens usually after a short sleep time. This should work, but for me I got this for like once or twice on my tablet since I installed os x on it!

thanks for the trick. the sound working again after do the trick   :D

Guys I got lil trick for a better experience on OS X :)

I changed the launchpad layout to 6x3 to get bigger icons and better disposition :)

defaults write com.apple.dock springboard-rows -int 3; defaults write com.apple.dock springboard-columns -int 6; defaults write com.apple.dock ResetLaunchPad -bool TRUE;killall Dock

Result:

988gEGK.jpg

• Like 1

Guys I got lil trick for a better experience on OS X :)

I changed the launchpad layout to 6x3 to get bigger icons and better disposition :)

defaults write com.apple.dock springboard-rows -int 3; defaults write com.apple.dock springboard-columns -int 6; defaults write com.apple.dock ResetLaunchPad -bool TRUE;killall Dock

Result:

988gEGK.jpg

@midi thanks. you can post how increase to 2gb the vram in the ativ 700t. i look in the original guide but i don't understand well. thanks

• Like 1

I don't think you need it, since 10.11, OS X gives 1.5 GB of VRAM which is really enough, but if you want to I'll post the clover patches (needs time since I gotta find the binaries and stuff).

thanks. i think 1.5gb its enough.

Guys, for SSDT, I dropped CpuPm & CpuI0st and I set -xcpm & KernelPM and I guess it's working good, I get my 5 hours battery life (better than windows :o ) is the SSDT doing any better?

My CPU gets @60C when on load (80 on really really intensive workload), but on normal load (web browsing and watching online stuff) it doesn't get above or get even close to 50C (which is good, I mean for my VAIO, opening chrome gets it up to 60C :o you can't even touch the bottom of the device!).

Weird! HDMI Audio doesn't work for me at all, I have the DSDT patched with gfx-hda (or whatever) and the Clover patches and the AtivHDA. it doesn't work at all. I'm just not that fortunate when it gets to HDMI audio :(

in the dsdt i only have the patches related in the post #20 in the clover only have the patches related in the post #20 and the ativhda and codecccomander but i have to reinstall from scratch to the cdmi audio works. 

i attached my clover folder to test

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just made a script to automate the POST INSTALL ONLY to some point, there are some stuff that have to be done manually :D

So her is the file:

ATIVX.zip

Put it on your Desktop, extract it, you should get a folder named ATIVX with one file named Installer, open terminal and type:
cd ~/Desktop/ATIVX && chmod +x Installer && sudo ./Installer
you will be asked about your password, give it and follow the instructions.

Tips:

• the installer will created 4 folders : KEXTS APPS PKGS DSDT_PATCHING
  • YOU need to provide the kexts (put them in KEXTS) and UPDD pkg (NOT THE DMG, but the PKG inside it) and the APPS (any apps you want to put in /Applications, for lazyasses)
  • if you do not run it with root, it will not work
  • You need the original ACPI tables (press F4 in Clover GUI)
  • Internet is mandatory (the script will have to download some files
  • if something went wrong, please send me a pic or the terminal output
  • make sure you run the trimforce at the end

Edit: needs maintenance.... :( sorry