[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

Hi @ all

I need some help for the last problem on my hackbook.

I have USB 3.0 Intel which works oob on El Capitan 10.11.1 but its destroy sleep.

syslog says: Wake reason: XHC EHC2

Is there any way for DSDT or Clover to fix this problem?

If i disable XHCI in BIOS sleep works fine but no USB 3.0

I hope someone can help me :)

I have Lenovo G500.

Check into the _PRW patches in my repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

RehabMan, do you have any insight on the log errors and stuff so perhaps we can get Renesas and such working again at some point?

i.e. This not being a detection issue but rather a protocol/interface/negotiation issue with the hub.

No idea on Renesas. I have an FL1100 based PCIe USB3 card (4-port external + internal USB3 header) on the way for use in my desktop.

Thx RehabMan

It works like a charm :)

Do you know any solution for card reader?

USB2.0-CRW:

Produkt-ID:	0x0129
  Hersteller-ID:	0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
  Version:	39.60
  Seriennummer:	20100201396000000
  Geschwindigkeit:	Bis zu 480 MBit/s
  Hersteller:	Generic
  Standort-ID:	0x1a140000 / 3
  Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA):	1000
  Zusätzlicher Betriebsstrom (mA):	0
  Integriert:	Ja

Thx RehabMan

It works like a charm :)

Do you know any solution for card reader?

USB2.0-CRW:

Produkt-ID:	0x0129
  Hersteller-ID:	0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
  Version:	39.60
  Seriennummer:	20100201396000000
  Geschwindigkeit:	Bis zu 480 MBit/s
  Hersteller:	Generic
  Standort-ID:	0x1a140000 / 3
  Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA):	1000
  Zusätzlicher Betriebsstrom (mA):	0
  Integriert:	Ja

There are guides for USB card readers to be found if you search. Off-topic here.

in 10.11 there was a USB2.0 controller listed in system information. But devices connected to the controller are not shown. They were working in 10.10.5.

After upgrading to 10.11.1 and using the dummy kext for EHCI there is no longer any USB2.0 controller...

I tried to change both name in DSDT and info.plist to EH00 and EH01 to no avail...

Any idea why?

ioreg and dsdt attached

ehci.zip

in 10.11 there was a USB2.0 controller listed in system information. But devices connected to the controller are not shown. They were working in 10.10.5.

After upgrading to 10.11.1 and using the dummy kext for EHCI there is no longer any USB2.0 controller...

I tried to change both name in DSDT and info.plist to EH00 and EH01 to no avail...

Any idea why?

ioreg and dsdt attached

No ports enabled on EH01. All devices are showing on XHC. If all devices/ports are working, nothing wrong with that.

Still have not got my USB3 working, only USB2...

When i make an injection KEXT non of the ports are working.

Since i use a patch bios it seems to be impossible to compile a DSDT, so i have to work with an injector.

I have an MSI H87-G41 PC Mate http://eu.msi.com/product/motherboard/H87-G41-PC-Mate.html#hero-overview

Rest is working just fine... funny thing.... OSX is saying it is connected to an USB3 port but it is USB2. USB3 ports are not working at all.

Made a dummy kext injector.... USB2 works and USB3 works, after deleting DSDT files

Now only USB2 devices on USB 3 does not work.

Next challenge is to get my USB3 NEC card in my MacPro3,1 working.... 

I have it working... well it finds the USB3 device only it is super slow... slower then USB1 anybody any idea??

Still have not got my USB3 working, only USB2...

When i make an injection KEXT non of the ports are working.

Since i use a patch bios it seems to be impossible to compile a DSDT, so i have to work with an injector.

I have an MSI H87-G41 PC Mate http://eu.msi.com/product/motherboard/H87-G41-PC-Mate.html#hero-overview

Rest is working just fine... funny thing.... OSX is saying it is connected to an USB3 port but it is USB2. USB3 ports are not working at all.

Made a dummy kext injector.... USB2 works and USB3 works, after deleting DSDT files

Now only USB2 devices on USB 3 does not work.

Next challenge is to get my USB3 NEC card in my MacPro3,1 working.... 

I have it working... well it finds the USB3 device only it is super slow... slower then USB1 anybody any idea??

Nothing here, I am in the exact same situation.

So, as a recap... which chipsets do we know to be working... either OOB or with an injector? In case I decide to bite the bullet and get a new ExpressCard?

FL1100 is native (MacPro6,1 uses it).

I will buy that for my hackintosh, anybody any idea what to get for the MacPro3,1? I now have a NEC chipset which worked perfectly in Yosemite with Generic usb kext but not anymore on El Capitan. I tried a dummy kext but got it only working on USB1 speed but maybe name if the ports are not correct because since then i have also memory errors my Mac only works now on one memorybank

hello.i have problem with my el capitan usb installer.because the el capitan it is not recognise my usb ports i can't boot the usb to install el capitan on my laptop.

motherboard chipset HM65

core i5 sandy bridge 

WIFI atheros 9285

intel hd 3000 graphics

amd 6470m dont work

and my usb ports in the url.

http://prntscr.com/8xd140

i use some kexts i found 2 usb injectors kexts 8 and 9 series but nothing..

can any one help me please?

hello.i have problem with my el capitan usb installer.because the el capitan it is not recognise my usb ports i can't boot the usb to install el capitan on my laptop.

motherboard chipset HM65

core i5 sandy bridge 

WIFI atheros 9285

intel hd 3000 graphics

amd 6470m dont work

and my usb ports in the url.

http://prntscr.com/8xd140

i use some kexts i found 2 usb injectors kexts 8 and 9 series but nothing..

can any one help me please?

Read post #566.

I'm noob here. I'm still building by bootable USB installation so after reading the post I tried to fix usb problem in the following way:

I've edited /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist in the following way:

Eoagedo.png

I did the same for MacBookPro6,2 ECH2 and renamed string to EH02. I'm using MacBookPro6,2 because is the one Clover uses.

As my computer doesn't support USB 3, I don't need to edit AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext file.

The fact is that isn't working. What else am I missing?

Cheer!

PS: I know injection is better in order to update System and all that, but is tougher for a beginner as me.

I'm noob here. I'm still building by bootable USB installation so after reading the post I tried to fix usb problem in the following way:

I've edited /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist in the following way:

I did the same for MacBookPro6,2 ECH2 and renamed string to EH02. I'm using MacBookPro6,2 because is the one Clover uses.

As my computer doesn't support USB 3, I don't need to edit AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext file.

The fact is that isn't working. What else am I missing?

Cheer!

PS: I know injection is better in order to update System and all that, but is tougher for a beginner as me.

What you're doing doesn't make sense. The idea is to change EHCx->EH0x so it *doesn't* match against the built-in port injectors. No sense in doing the rename, only to turn around and modify the system kext to match again (you're back where you started).

Hi everybody ! i have some strange problems with the usb since 10.11 . 

1) i have 2  2.0 hub, if i plug one usb storage in the first hub it will be showed like an internal device ... if i plug it in the second hub show like a external  correctly ... any idea ???

2) sometimes when i unplug  a usb device all the hub reset and disconnect al the devices connected and reconnect everything after a couple of seconds.. 

1) i have 2  2.0 hub, if i plug one usb storage in the first hub it will be showed like an internal device ... if i plug it in the second hub show like a external  correctly ... any idea ???

2) sometimes when i unplug  a usb device all the hub reset and disconnect al the devices connected and reconnect everything after a couple of seconds.. 

I'm having a similar problem to #2 (total usb reset). For me when my USB (GMYLE) bluetooth adapter is plugged into a USB 2 port every 15 - 20 minutes or so all of my USB ports reset (turn off then turn back on in about 10 seconds). It doesn't happen when bluetooth is plugged into USB 3.

The port needs to be marked as correct type... Clearly one is marked as an external port the other internal (UsbConnector=255 is internal).

I'm having a similar problem to #2 (total usb reset). For me when my USB (GMYLE) bluetooth adapter is plugged into a USB 2 port every 15 - 20 minutes or so all of my USB ports reset (turn off then turn back on in about 10 seconds). It doesn't happen when bluetooth is plugged into USB 3.

If the BT device needs firmware upload, make sure you have a valid firmware uploader for it installed.

Read post #566.

after a lot of search i found the solution on this topic in post 179

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/page-9?do=findComment&comment=2175618

i put the usbinjectall kext to efi/clover/kexts and with clover configurator i am going to kernel and kext patches and i change the number 83BD8CFEFFFF10 to 83BD8CFEFFFF16.and finally my usb installer start and now i write from my el capitan clean install.thanks for the help arix98 and rehabman and sorry for my bad english.

If the BT device needs firmware upload, make sure you have a valid firmware uploader for it installed.

Rehabman, I did some research, found your post about bluetooth firmware upload, and it looks like my GMYLE USB Bluetooth is by CSR not Broadcom. It seems to work ok when it's in a USB 3.0 port, just acts a little funny on USB 2.0.

post-1223888-0-05146600-1446523468_thumb.png