[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

Boot with the ignore kext caches option in clover and use remote access (VNC or SSH) next time something goes wrong...

Tried booting into the GUI with -f -x but no keyboard.

Tried booting into single user mode with -f and -s but still no input.

Then boot with a clover usb with a non corrupting configuration

Clover works on my hdd, a USB pendrive won't change a thing since it is booting the hdd directly. Clover's configuration is still healthy. It's the OS that's loading those kexts even when I ask it not to (-f -x).

Hi I watched your video. You didn't use any FakePCIID.kext you just add port from DSDT to original AppleUSB kext. Your way looks much easier to me can I use your way for desktop? Last night I tried other ways but I lost my all USB port and Bluetooth I can't reach my any connection. Now Im scaring to something wrong?

Other question are you using DSDT generally cause Im not?

Yes, I need DSDT because mine is a laptop, I need the battery. But you can just use rweverything software and extract the DSDT from windows or use rehabman patchmatic to extract dsdt and ssdt and use it. It's simple and not that hard. It's best to use DSDT and SSDT with clover to get your powermanagement to work well.

Cheers,

Louis

So... are Renesas working at all on 10.11? I'm using a real mac with an renesas expresscard; was working correctly in yosemite first with genericxhci and later with patched appleusbxhci... Now, can't get them to work.

Most of the time they don't even show up. Sometimes they do, the disks appear in finder and all but refuse to mount properly or, even though they seem mounted, I cannot actually see or access any files (beachball in Finder)

I tried modifying the XHCIPCI kext to add an entry for my macbook model and stuff but didn't really do anything.

I have a peculiar problem. My laptop has 1 usb3 port. The controller is intel xhc. No matter what I try, if I plug an usb3 device to the port Yosemite freezes immediately. In El Capitan the situation is worse, the system freezes during boot. I have to disable usb3 completely from bios to have the system working. The DSDT is correctly patched, the device is XHC. Bios is the latest and machine is Asus f301a (x301a).

Something is wrong with the internal devices under EH01 and EH02 bus.

My laptop: Alienware M17X R4, 3610QM, HM77, HD4000( 7970M disabled in dsdt), 4x USB3.0 slot ( working fine ), 1x eSATA/USB2.0 combo slot.

The Devices attached to EH01 and EH02: 

eSATA/USB2 2in1 combo slot ( positon: EH01---HUBN---PR01---PR17)  // It doesn't show up and I can't even find the EH01 USB bus in the "USB page" of system report.

BCM20702 Bluetooth ( positon: EH02---HUBN---PR01---PR11 )  // working well

m17x ( positon: EH02---HUBN---PR12 ) // I think it's the Alienware FX control, it shows up in system report and for me that's good enough.

Webcam ( positon: EH02---HUBN---PR15 )  // It could be senn in the "USB page" of system report, but it's not working after 10.11 boot.( No video device in the "Camera page" of system report, no video feed in facetime.)  But after a failed, immediate wake up sleep ( I have not patched the dsdt for that ), the webcam will recover.( Get video feed in facetime ).

This is the ioreg when the webcam refuse to work after system boot.   1-eSATA-port-gone-Webcam-don't-work.zip

And this is the ioreg when the webcam is working fine after sleep and wake up.  2-eSATA-port-gone-Webcam-recover-after-wake-up.zip

This is my dsdt.   dsdt.dsl.zip

BTW: dsdt patches applied

1 GFX0 to IGPU rename 
2 HD4000 high resolution 
3 HD3000 HD4000 brightness fix
4 Battery patch for XPS L502
5 OS Fix Windows 8

All of them comes from MACiASL RehabMan source. 

Something is wrong with the internal devices under EH01 and EH02 bus.

My laptop: Alienware M17X R4, 3610QM, HM77, HD4000( 7970M disabled in dsdt), 4x USB3.0 slot ( working fine ), 1x eSATA/USB2.0 combo slot.

The Devices attached to EH01 and EH02: 

eSATA/USB2 2in1 combo slot ( positon: EH01---HUBN---PR01---PR17)  // It doesn't show up and I can't even find the EH01 USB bus in the "USB page" of system report.

BCM20702 Bluetooth ( positon: EH02---HUBN---PR01---PR11 )  // working well

m17x ( positon: EH02---HUBN---PR12 ) // I think it's the Alienware FX control, it shows up in system report and for me that's good enough.

Webcam ( positon: EH02---HUBN---PR15 )  // It could be senn in the "USB page" of system report, but it's not working after 10.11 boot.( No video device in the "Camera page" of system report, no video feed in facetime.)  But after a failed, immediate wake up sleep ( I have not patched the dsdt for that ), the webcam will recover.( Get video feed in facetime ).

This is the ioreg when the webcam refuse to work after system boot.   attachicon.gif1-eSATA-port-gone-Webcam-don't-work.zip

And this is the ioreg when the webcam is working fine after sleep and wake up.  attachicon.gif2-eSATA-port-gone-Webcam-recover-after-wake-up.zip

This is my dsdt.   attachicon.gifdsdt.dsl.zip

BTW: dsdt patches applied

1 GFX0 to IGPU rename 

2 HD4000 high resolution 

3 HD3000 HD4000 brightness fix

4 Battery patch for XPS L502

5 OS Fix Windows 8

All of them comes from MACiASL RehabMan source.

Webcam is shown on EH02 in both before/after sleep.... so probably some other issue with it (perhaps device specific).

EH01 is not working at all. You could try a port injector for its port/hub.

Also "OS Check Fix (Windows 8)" is not always the best choice. Try the others...

Webcam is shown on EH02 in both before/after sleep.... so probably some other issue with it (perhaps device specific).

EH01 is not working at all. You could try a port injector for its port/hub.

Also "OS Check Fix (Windows 8)" is not always the best choice. Try the others...

The ioregs uploaded in post 460 was from ioreg v2.0b1, not v2.1, sorry for that. These two are from ioreg v2.1

1 before sleep ioreg v2.1.zip

2 after slep ioreg v2.1.zip

And this is the patchmatic extract.

extract.zip

Device specific? How can I check it and if it is, how to improve? ( The webcam was fine in Yosemite )

About EH01,the built in injector for MacBook Pro 9,1- EHC1 ( the model i'm using in Clover Smbios ) is PRT1 01000000. However it's still not working.( Before the rename ) And I find it's difficult to handle the IOKit so I think editing dsdt is better for me ( at least I can understand the change of _UPC and _PLD )

And this is the patchmatic extract.

Something strange with your Clover setup to have both DSDT.aml DSDT-1.aml. Probably multiple DSDT*.aml in ACPI/patched without config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Name=DSDT.aml.

Note: All EH01 ports enabled via _UPC except PR18. Why? And similar on EH02, PR12 and PR16 disabled.

Device specific? How can I check it and if it is, how to improve? ( The webcam was fine in Yosemite )

I don't know. webcams are always flakey.

• Like 1

Something strange with your Clover setup to have both DSDT.aml DSDT-1.aml. Probably multiple DSDT*.aml in ACPI/patched without config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Name=DSDT.aml.

Note: All EH01 ports enabled via _UPC except PR18. Why? And similar on EH02, PR12 and PR16 disabled.

I don't know. webcams are always flakey.

Multiple dsdt? I don't think so. But I have an EFI partition in my harddisk but I usually use a USB stick to boot OS X. ( Of course the USB stick has a EFI partiton,too )  And I've got Clover in both EFI partitions. But I don't think the Clover in the harddisk EFI partition matters because I don't boot from there. Am I wrong?

Also, I don't know why PR18 at EH01, PR12,16 at EH02 are disabled. The dsdt just says that and I take it. In fact the "m17x" device is on PR12,EH02. But "m17x" always shows up in USB---system report. 

Multiple dsdt? I don't think so.

It is obvious from your Clover bootlog (you should have looked at it before replying):

4:761  0:006  DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\dsdt.aml
4:778  0:000  Inserting dsdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
4:778  0:000  Inserting ssdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
Your ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml is being injected twice. Once as DSDT, and a second time as an SSDT.

Probably due to the fact that it is lowercase or something...

Something for you to check in. Clover is a bit buggy with this...

Also, I don't know why PR18 at EH01, PR12,16 at EH02 are disabled. The dsdt just says that and I take it. In fact the "m17x" device is on PR12,EH02. But "m17x" always shows up in USB---system report.

You cannot trust that DSDT is correct.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux isn't loading on my hack.

can somebody explain me why..

​Sorry for my english

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext requires FakePCIID.kext as well.

It is obvious from your Clover bootlog (you should have looked at it before replying):

4:761  0:006  DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\dsdt.aml
4:778  0:000  Inserting dsdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
4:778  0:000  Inserting ssdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
Your ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml is being injected twice. Once as DSDT, and a second time as an SSDT.

Probably due to the fact that it is lowercase or something...

Something for you to check in. Clover is a bit buggy with this...

You cannot trust that DSDT is correct.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext requires FakePCIID.kext as well.

I've checked the usb info in AIDA64 windows. And didn't find anyting wrong with the dsdt.

And for very few times the eSATA/USB combo slot worked. This is the ioreg for that precious moment.