OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

CodecCommander.kext does not work when injected. Must be installed, not injected.

Thank you.

Definitely good to know. However, this is how I used it in Yosemite and El Capitan (until PB4) and had no issues... Weird. :)) Anyway, I guess I can copy it into L/E or S/L/E, set permissions, and I should probably be good to go. Still, I wanna see if there is still a need for it right now. Maybe I don't need it anymore.

Thank you.

Definitely good to know. However, this is how I used it in Yosemite and El Capitan (until PB4) and had no issues... Weird. :)) Anyway, I guess I can copy it into L/E or S/L/E, set permissions, and I should probably be good to go. Still, I wanna see if there is still a need for it right now. Maybe I don't need it anymore.

You were probably using an old version. New version has more dependencies. Kexts with dependencies that might not be in the cache, tend to not work with kext injection.

Or, like you say, it was never working and you didn't notice because you don't need it.

• Like 1

You were probably using an old version. New version has more dependencies. Kexts with dependencies that might not be in the cache, tend to not work with kext injection.

Or, like you say, it was never working and you didn't notice because you don't need it.

True. :) And now that you mentioned the new version, I have to say that the one I've been using is indeed an old one (been using it for a while now) and maybe it's time for an upgrade, or...time to get rid of it forever if it's not necessary anymore. So what I will do now is first try to see if I need it, and if I do, I will have to remind myself how to compile it again. :)) Cause I have no idea how I did it before. And if I don't need it anymore, just delete it and that's it.

Thank you so much for the info regarding dependencies and stuff. I didn't know that. I love learning new stuff on this forum! :D

• Like 1

Holy Smokes! Is that the same card? Cause the difference is like night and day.

The same hardware, EC on old 160GB drive

I will try cinebench.

Edit:

It seems that CL ext viewer has an issue with Yosemite

Here the Mavericks results

post-448675-0-48702900-1440086076_thumb.png

On cinebench almost the same results between 10.9-10.11

I am trying to get SIP to work but everything is disabled due to boot args "kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0" in my nvram.plist.  I cannot seem to get them to go away.  They are not in my Clover config.plist and, when I modify the nvram.plist, they reappear upon reboot.  Anyone know how to fix that?

@mnfesq,

Do you use Kext Utility?  From the release notes...

NEW! KU can automatically add/remove boot args: "-v" for verbose boot, "kext-dev-mode=1" for load unsigned kexts in MAC OS X "Yosemite" and "rootless=0" for perform any repair permissions operation for system files in MAC OS X "El Capitan" in com.apple.Boot.plist and Unbelievable! in NVRam

This can be toggled on or off by editing Kext Utility.app/Contents/Resources/KU_config.plist

AFAIK, rootless=0 was deprecated in El Capitan DB5 (equivalent now to setting CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in RTVariables/config.plist or disabling SIP from the recovery partition).

• Like 1

@mnfesq,

Do you use Kext Utility?  From the release notes...

NEW! KU can automatically add/remove boot args: "-v" for verbose boot, "kext-dev-mode=1" for load unsigned kexts in MAC OS X "Yosemite" and "rootless=0" for perform any repair permissions operation for system files in MAC OS X "El Capitan" in com.apple.Boot.plist and Unbelievable! in NVRam

This can be toggled on or off by editing Kext Utility.app/Contents/Resources/KU_config.plist

AFAIK, rootless=0 was deprecated in El Capitan DB5 (equivalent now to setting CsrActiveConfig=0x67 in RTVariables/config.plist or disabling SIP from the recovery partition).

I still needed rootless=0 in PB4 (the equivalent of DB6, I think) to install pkg like Clover, for some reason. In PB5 seems to work even though I got absolutely no boot argument added right now. :)) I think I never booted my computer like that before. 

I am trying to get SIP to work but everything is disabled due to boot args "kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0" in my nvram.plist.  I cannot seem to get them to go away.  They are not in my Clover config.plist and, when I modify the nvram.plist, they reappear upon reboot.  Anyone know how to fix that?

If they're not set as boot arguments in config.plist, try this:

Boot into single-user verbose mode, type those commands to get rw access, then do this:

sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

Then do:

sudo reboot now

This solved my kp issues with DB5. I'm booting now with absolutely no boot args whatsoever.

Now, I know your problem is not kp related, but it might help with the cleaning. :)

Also, you will need to add this to your Clover config to enable SIP (default it's disabled):

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x00</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

I just got SIP enabled and booted up with no boot argument.

• Like 1

If they're not set as boot arguments in config.plist, try this:

Boot into single-user verbose mode, type those commands to get rw access, then do this:

sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

Then do:

sudo reboot now

This solved my kp issues with DB5. I'm booting now with absolutely no boot args whatsoever.

Now, I know your problem is not kp related, but it might help with the cleaning. :)

Also, you will need to add this to your Clover config to enable SIP (default it's disabled):

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <string>0x00</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

I just got SIP enabled and booted up with no boot argument.

I still can't seem to get rid of my boot arguments (including rootless=0) but, by changing the CsrActiveConfig, I got SIP enabled.  Thanks. 

I still can't seem to get rid of my boot arguments (including rootless=0) but, by changing the CsrActiveConfig, I got SIP enabled.  Thanks. 

Clear nvram?

print NVRAM args: "nvram -p"

clear NVRAM "sudo nvram -c" 

Clear nvram?

print NVRAM args: "nvram -p"

clear NVRAM "sudo nvram -c" 

If I clear NVRAM, I will lose all of the data there, yes?  I really don't want to have to fix iMessage/Facetime and Find My Mac just to get rid of some boot args.  Is there a command that will delete certain portions of NVRAM?

Which method you use for this:

0x67

0x00

0x65

or?

Which method you use for this:

0x67

0x00

0x65

or?

0x67..the same csrutil status here(Custom configuration)everything is fine :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

If I clear NVRAM, I will lose all of the data there, yes? I really don't want to have to fix iMessage/Facetime and Find My Mac just to get rid of some boot args. Is there a command that will delete certain portions of NVRAM?

If the information in your config is set up properly, you don't have to worry about iMessage and Facetime. After all, the check is done on server side anyway. If you've got information that helps you use imessage and facetime in your nvram, i would suggest taking it out from there and adding it to your config, from where it can create any nvram plist. The info will stay the same, no matter what you do with that nvram. Not sure how you fixed your imessage though (I know I had issues with that as well, so I know how it is) but I'm not sure that using the same nvram.plist is the way to go here. As you can see, it might create other issues.

Ok and my but you on Recovery HD and uncheck SIP or...?

not with Recovery

boot to elCapitan and manualy add to EFI/Clover/Config.plist  with PlistEdit Pro this:

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<string>0x67</string>

<key>BooterConfig</key>

<string>0x28</string>

</dict>

Save File

Reboot and done...Custom configuration is ready

I've been playing with SIP now that I have it enabled.  I want as much protection as possible but still allow my kexts and apps to run properly.  I used CsrActiveConfig 0x02 and, since my kexts were already cached, it allows Xtrafinder to load.

post-270804-0-73983900-1440181056_thumb.png

• Like 2

If I clear NVRAM, I will lose all of the data there, yes?  I really don't want to have to fix iMessage/Facetime and Find My Mac just to get rid of some boot args.  Is there a command that will delete certain portions of NVRAM?

You can delete or change sspecific variable: "sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1" ". More on https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/nvram.8.html

• Like 1

I've been playing with SIP now that I have it enabled.  I want as much protection as possible but still allow my kexts and apps to run properly.  I used CsrActiveConfig 0x02 and, since my kexts were already cached, it allows Xtrafinder to load.

attachicon.gifSIP 0x02.png

If you've got the kexts injected and not installed/copied into L/E or S/L/E, you could probably try booting up with 0x00 with no problems.

I actually just removed and rebuilt my cache, with SIP enabled, and I got no problems whatsoever. But anyway, that's just me. You can try it if you want.

If you've got the kexts injected and not installed/copied into L/E or S/L/E, you could probably try booting up with 0x00 with no problems.

I actually just removed and rebuilt my cache, with SIP enabled, and I got no problems whatsoever. But anyway, that's just me. You can try it if you want.

Booting with 0x00 does work but Xtrafinder will not load because it modifies the file system.  That's the point of 0x02 - it disables filesystem protection so that apps that modify Apple files will still load.