Released final version OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

75 posts in this topic

Well ... that abomination of OS update now killed my recovery partition as well .... black screen, thank you Apple!

I could puke now .... what to do? Is it the same plist problem, and does anyone know how to recreate the Recovery HD? Seems I have to recreate everything, including caches, but I never did that for the recovery HD.

And I really wonder if the nMP 6,1 system definifion is still the best way to go for X79 systems - what do you think? All in all this update is nothing but problems for me. If it weren't for the security updates it might have been better not to update at all.

Ah and since the recoveryHD seems to be built up similar to an installer stick, this could mean that installer sticks will result in  black screen, too. Yeah!

Update: I can confirm that with using 3,1 system definition, recovery HD boots up again, but I still have no clue how to modifiy it.

But with all this {censored}load of problems, wouldn't it be better to use the MacPro 3,1 (or 5,1) SMBIOS anyway? Are there any advantages (for X79 systems)  to use a 6,1 SMBIOS?

btw Shazeal, uptime of one day is actually nothing ;) With 10.9.5 I got uptimes of up to three weeks, before needing to boot due to a software update.

well it was 1 day 22 hours... update has only been out 3 days...

09:44am  up 3 days  0:45,  6 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.82, 0.90

well it was 1 day 22 hours... update has only been out 3 days...

09:44am  up 3 days  0:45,  6 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.82, 0.90

To be honest, I was surprised to see 6 users. Did you have multiple accounts set up?

All works good on my system.

BESIDE the new Photos app :(

Complete system Freezes after some time ( using  the edit functions in the Photos app for a while)!

As i look in the console (after reboot) i can see the "Nvidia Channeltime out" is back !

In the past sometime this bad things happens with some GPUs (remember some 10.8/10.9 versions) but for me first happening in 10.x.

Mon Apr 13 00:56:48 2015

Event:               GPU Reset
Data/Time:           Mon Apr 13 00:56:48 2015
Application:         
Path:                
OS Version:          Mac OS X Version 10.10.3 (Build 14D131)
Graphics Hardware:   Asus GeForce GT 440
Signature:           0

Report Data:

NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
Channel Info: [19, 0xe, 0xe, 0x220]
Version Info: [com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb, 10.0.3, 0x746c6943485b52176d5f58, 19437306, 346.01.02f01, 1]
Internal Version Info: [1, Release, Private build]
Execution Info: [0xffffff800092a4e0, 0xffffff8000929a70]

I will try using Apple NV drivers but i have less hope that this will fix the problem (As Preview App also , since 10.x has some probs, but others not the freezing prob)

Black screen on my GTX 670, recovered using clean install of 10.10.3 (use combo update to target drive) with an edit to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext (thanks @ joe75). 

Audio_ALC1150 Patched, thats about it. Seems all good now. Didn't want to spend too much time tinkering considering how easy and fast it is to do a clean install with "NEW WAY TO INSTALL OS X YOSEMITE V2 -" already had 10.10.2 cloned using CCC. 

Hi community,

I get a black screen on 10.0.3 Upgrade from local downloaded file on my Asus N76VZ (Intel Core i7, RealTek ALC663, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M) booting on Clover 3193. After that it restarts so quickly over and over again that I don't even have the time to read which kext would be to blame when booting in verbose mode. When booting in secure mode (-x) it does well. So it might be a kext in a new version, I guess. But which one(s)? 10.10.2 worked nearly perfectly. Any suggestions to encircle the issue?

'OS S Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 10.10.3... fixes a video driver issue that may prevent your Mac from starting up when running certain apps that capture video.'

released today in App Store. Any idea what this is for? Installed fine on my Gigabyte with onboard HD4600.

• Like 1

Hi,

First, thanks for your assistance.

I managed to boot without -x. After I installed the old (from 10.10.2) AppleintelHD4000. The picture flick and twinkle now and then. But it shows the issue is HD4000 related ?!. Do you think so too? What do you recommend? I`ve yet to check if the ig-platform-id was changed in the new AppleintelHD4000. But it seems unlikely to me. what do you think?

Update: No luck with other ig-platform-id values. Meanwhile I did a brand new installation. Marked the kexts in sys/lib/ext all blue to tell if 10.10.3 installs any new kexts when performing the update. And indeed there are a couple o new non-existent before update. I will take a closer look. Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

Just tag a kext with a color not will help you to know if it was updated or not..

Take a look in the version of the .kext - How?

Select the kext and press Cmd+I, and take a look in version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

it looks like solutions are mostly simple if you go checking first first things.

I just changed the device model from MacBookPro 9 to 10.1 and generated automatically a new config.plist. Voila! Of course I have to hide again all the partitions I do not want to appear at boot time. But this is peanuts... I hope.