[Guide] 10.10 On the Surface Pro 3

LonelyTV

341 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to remove or uninstall clover boot loader? I want my surface to be brand new with no red screen. I deleted the partitions but can't delete the 200MB EFI Partition. What can I do??

Press del on typecover when your SP3 boot. select secure boot and enable it. 

Thanks for the Function Key! It works well for adjusting the brightness :P

To save the level in NVRAM after reboot, you have to check "Install RC script" during Clover installation.

I fixed some syntax error for the DSDT and SSDT-2,3,4 attachicon.gifDSDT+SSDT.zip based on your dsdt. However, SSDT-5 is really weird, even one fix it in .dsl, the compiled .aml is still wrong...

It's true that audio still has some bug, like after the sleep or logout, it wouldn't work any more.

I use SSDT-1~4 which is dump from ubuntu ,so never compile them.

Use the version 5 of iasl rather than 4.

The audio problem :            #1436            

I don't know how to solve it.

(BTW, Are you Chinese?)

Press del on typecover when your SP3 boot. select secure boot and enable it. 

I use SSDT-1~4 which is dump from ubuntu ,so never compile them.

Use the version 5 of iasl rather than 4.

The audio problem :            #1436            

I don't know how to solve it.

(BTW, Are you Chinese?)

Use EAPUFix, internal speaker works after sleep and no more loss of sound in idle mode.

I use fix type 3, so that it does the background status check every 1.5s to enable EAPU if it is disabled. This solution isn't optimum, but works flawless. Just Install thisEAPDFix.kext.zip into S/L/E.

How did you change the AFGLowPowerState? in dsdt or kext?

(yep, I'm chinese as well :D)

Use EAPUFix, internal speaker works after sleep and no more loss of sound in idle mode.

I use fix type 3, so that it does the background status check every 1.5s to enable EAPU if it is disabled. This solution isn't optimum, but works flawless. Just Install thisattachicon.gifEAPDFix.kext.zip into S/L/E.

How did you change the AFGLowPowerState? in dsdt or kext?

(yep, I'm chinese as well :D)

I change it in kext( AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist ).

My DSDT doesn't have this key.

I also  found that there is a function about  AFGLowPowerState in clover.

Now, the sound works perfect.

Hi i'm currently having trouble getting boot without usb working I tried moving the files through the terminal and manual dragging and renaming. Was having trouble with all the keyboard fixes until someone uploaded their  IOUSBFamily Ive followed the original guide verbatim and everything if someone could please assist that's be great,  just tell me what logs you need and how to access them.

Also it's worth mentioning I do have the boot loader on my computer already however when  I boot up without the USB selecting the drive to inject kexxts without caches like i do for my USB  I just see your UUID is ********* and then it just freezes. 

Hi

do you use Clover version 3193 ? I had the same problem after updating to this version - could't boot anymore (showed only ...UUID...).

So you could reinstall a older Clover Version   - or what i have done - I just copied all files from a old Clover boot stick from the Drivers64UEFI (or named similar) to my current EFI partition Drivers64UEFI directory, because the update with the new Version removed the HFS Driver from this directory. 

So now it works again.

gkarg

Hi m8s

I am trying to enable the automatic timeout in clover so it boots on windows.... I am using the config.plist in the forst post. Timeout is already set to 5 secs and partition if I'm not wrong is already set to windows....

Also I am also sure that at one point touchscreen in clover worked and i also had a touch keyboard on the top right corner of the screen..... Any one has it and knows how to re enable it?

Thanks for any help

Hi m8s

I am trying to enable the automatic timeout in clover so it boots on windows.... I am using the config.plist in the forst post. Timeout is already set to 5 secs and partition if I'm not wrong is already set to windows....

Also I am also sure that at one point touchscreen in clover worked and i also had a touch keyboard on the top right corner of the screen..... Any one has it and knows how to re enable it?

Thanks for any help

Touchscren is on the i2c bus. Clover has no support for i2c.

I need help. I installed yosemite everything is working fine minus the known "not workings"

But I am having the following problem.

1. When i boot from clover to windows - i get the bitlocker recovery message. tAKES ME TO THE BLUE SCREEN AND i CHOSE CONTINUE TO WINDOWS 8.1

Windows does not boot up. It goes back to the red surface screen and the clover boot.

How can I fix this? I did the hwole install clover to yosemite partition - I did not get a system folder but i did get an EFI partition and I dumped all the mentioned files from the tutorial there. I did not see a microsoft folder so i created it but it did not include the bootmgfw.efi etc files. (Can somebody share please?

Also.

2. On my clover bootscreen. How can I clean it up. There are at least 3 entries to boot windows but when i click to see if anything happens all i get is a windows flag and nothing happens.

How can I streamline the look?

3. How can i set it to where i boot to mac os x without using the space bar and selecting boot with injected kexts? How can i make it to where i click on boot yosemite and it takes me straight to the login screen?>

Hi

since 10.10.3 is now out, i was able to test the TypeCover3.kext again. My problem was in 10.10.2 i was not able to get the Type Cover NOT working. After the update to 10.10.3  - since the new IOUSBFamily.kext was delivered - my Type Cover 3 didn't work anymore.

After some changes to the kext - now it works for me.

Could anybody please test the new TypeCover3.kext after he updates to 10.10.3 - new version of the kext is 2.2.0.

Many thanks

gkarg

TypeCover3.kext.zip

• Like 1

Hi

since 10.10.3 is now out, i was able to test the TypeCover3.kext again. My problem was in 10.10.2 i was not able to get the Type Cover NOT working. After the update to 10.10.3  - since the new IOUSBFamily.kext was delivered - my Type Cover 3 didn't work anymore.

After some changes to the kext - now it works for me.

Could anybody please test the new TypeCover3.kext after he updates to 10.10.3 - new version of the kext is 2.2.0.

Many thanks

gkarg

Hi, I can confirm it works well without editing the IOSUBFAM kext. Thank you very much, upgrading to 10.10.3 goes really smoothly !

I need help. I installed yosemite everything is working fine minus the known "not workings"

But I am having the following problem.

1. When i boot from clover to windows - i get the bitlocker recovery message. tAKES ME TO THE BLUE SCREEN AND i CHOSE CONTINUE TO WINDOWS 8.1

Windows does not boot up. It goes back to the red surface screen and the clover boot.

How can I fix this? I did the hwole install clover to yosemite partition - I did not get a system folder but i did get an EFI partition and I dumped all the mentioned files from the tutorial there. I did not see a microsoft folder so i created it but it did not include the bootmgfw.efi etc files. (Can somebody share please?

Also.

2. On my clover bootscreen. How can I clean it up. There are at least 3 entries to boot windows but when i click to see if anything happens all i get is a windows flag and nothing happens.

How can I streamline the look?

3. How can i set it to where i boot to mac os x without using the space bar and selecting boot with injected kexts? How can i make it to where i click on boot yosemite and it takes me straight to the login screen?>

Hi

for 1. for windows - i always take the first boot entry - did you disable Hibernate mode in Windows ? 

for 2. just take the first boot entry ;-) I think you have to clean up your windows installations.

for 3. you have to do the following:

in clover config.plist you can set the default to boot with injected kext

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>

</dict> 

Then you don't need to use the space bar.

If you also want boot to your OS X directly -> just select it in System Preferences ->Startup Disk

gkarg

Hi

two-finger scrolling will only work, if someone implements a new / adapts the existing trackpad multitouch kexts from apple for the TypeCover. Currently the TypeCover Trackpad it is just detected as a pointing device.

gkarg

Hi

two-finger scrolling will only work, if someone implements a new / adapts the existing trackpad multitouch kexts from apple for the TypeCover. Currently the TypeCover Trackpad it is just detected as a pointing device.

gkarg

Just a quick thought gkarg (if you haven't already tried), all you need to do is change the IDs in the multitouch kext to match that of the trackpad's in order to get the kext to load against any device (i've tried to do it for the DVP11 and the kext succesfully loaded [no functionality because the trackpad doesnt work on the DVP11 in the first place] ). If i recall correctly (been a while since I've done any OS X stuff), you need to replace bProductId and bVendorID, or something along those lines.

Just a quick thought gkarg (if you haven't already tried), all you need to do is change the IDs in the multitouch kext to match that of the trackpad's in order to get the kext to load against any device (i've tried to do it for the DVP11 and the kext succesfully loaded [no functionality because the trackpad doesnt work on the DVP11 in the first place] ). If i recall correctly (been a while since I've done any OS X stuff), you need to replace bProductId and bVendorID, or something along those lines.

Hi Alex

Thanks - yes I tried this already, when i finished my TypeCover3 kext. I just replaced the Vendor / Product IDs in the Moultitouch Trackpad kexts - but i didn't work. I didn't spent much time in that - just tested, if it will work. The problem was, for all Multitouch Trackpads the Vendor was Apple - but there were many different Multitouch Touchpads for the different Apple Models in the kext - i would need to try every single Model - in my last test I just added the TypeCover3 product ID to every product section - so could be also the problem. I tried now every product separately and it didn't work - the kext loaded but the trackpad didn't work.

Perhaps you can verify - if I did the same like you on your Dell - So - and here is the result:

I copied the Multitouch Extension from /S/L/E to tmp via sudo

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext /tmp

sudo vi /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then i replaced all occurrences of Apple Vendor ID (1452) with Microsoft Vendor ID (1118):

<key>VendorID</key>

<integer>1452</integer>

with

<key>VendorID</key>

<integer>1118</integer>

and next I added the TypeCover3 Product ID (2012) to an existing Product Array - for example

<key>ProductIDArray</key>

<array>

<integer>566</integer>

<integer>567</integer>

<integer>568</integer>

<integer>2012</integer>

and then tried to load the kext manually:

sudo kextutil -v /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext:
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
/tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext"
Loading /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext.
/tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

checked if trackpad works (looked in System Preferences -> Touchpad if it is recognized and tried Multitouch gestures). Removed the TouchCover3 and reattached it again for checking, if it works. Then I unloaded again the kext

sudo kextunload /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext

removed the Product ID from the Array and appended it to another Array (other Trackpad) - loaded kext / tested trackpad / removed kext - so on for every Product Array

Do you have a better idea ? Is AppleUSBMultitouch perhaps the wrong kext to use ?

Thanks

Gkarg

Hi Alex

Thanks - yes I tried this already, when i finished my TypeCover3 kext. I just replaced the Vendor / Product IDs in the Moultitouch Trackpad kexts - but i didn't work. I didn't spent much time in that - just tested, if it will work. The problem was, for all Multitouch Trackpads the Vendor was Apple - but there were many different Multitouch Touchpads for the different Apple Models in the kext - i would need to try every single Model - in my last test I just added the TypeCover3 product ID to every product section - so could be also the problem. I tried now every product separately and it didn't work - the kext loaded but the trackpad didn't work.

Perhaps you can verify - if I did the same like you on your Dell - So - and here is the result:

I copied the Multitouch Extension from /S/L/E to tmp via sudo

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext /tmp

sudo vi /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then i replaced all occurrences of Apple Vendor ID (1452) with Microsoft Vendor ID (1118):

<key>VendorID</key>

<integer>1452</integer>

with

<key>VendorID</key>

<integer>1118</integer>

and next I added the TypeCover3 Product ID (2012) to an existing Product Array - for example

<key>ProductIDArray</key>

<array>

<integer>566</integer>

<integer>567</integer>

<integer>568</integer>

<integer>2012</integer>

and then tried to load the kext manually:

sudo kextutil -v /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext:
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
/tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext"
Loading /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext.
/tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

checked if trackpad works (looked in System Preferences -> Touchpad if it is recognized and tried Multitouch gestures). Removed the TouchCover3 and reattached it again for checking, if it works. Then I unloaded again the kext

sudo kextunload /tmp/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext

removed the Product ID from the Array and appended it to another Array (other Trackpad) - loaded kext / tested trackpad / removed kext - so on for every Product Array

Do you have a better idea ? Is AppleUSBMultitouch perhaps the wrong kext to use ?

Thanks

Gkarg

Have you try Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller, it has nice implementation on multitouch for synaptics' clickpad.

Cuz in the linux community, I've seen people enabling surface pro3's type cover using synaptics driver:

https://github.com/matthewwardrop/linux-surfacepro3/issues/1

The link in that thread may give some ideas?

Unfortunately I don't. Looks like Apple's trackpad's might use some kind of proprietary HID touch interface and not the generic one. The only other idea I have is to try and find some generic (maybe Logitech or others) USB trackpads out there with support for OS X and try hacking their kexts in the same way you've tried with Apple's ones.

Have you try Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller, it has nice implementation on multitouch for synaptics' clickpad.

Cuz in the linux community, I've seen people enabling surface pro3's type cover using synaptics driver:

https://github.com/matthewwardrop/linux-surfacepro3/issues/1

The link in that thread may give some ideas?

The trackpad is USB,  not PS2 and therefore VoodooPS2 will not work with it.

Unfortunately I don't. Looks like Apple's trackpad's might use some kind of proprietary HID touch interface and not the generic one. The only other idea I have is to try and find some generic (maybe Logitech or others) USB trackpads out there with support for OS X and try hacking their kexts in the same way you've tried with Apple's ones.

The trackpad is USB,  not PS2 and therefore VoodooPS2 will not work with it.

Hi Alex

did you try the Wacom Bamboo Pad driver, since this is a USB Trackpad ?

It seems the first generation Wacom Bamboo Pad (CTT460; Product ID = 0xd0) is compatible to Synaptics - see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1515562

gkarg

anybody got headphone jack working?

also i lost the touch keyboard in clover boot loader. How can i get that back? Afraid to reinstall and lose it all.

I have everything working just fine minus those 2 things. Running great of my sdcard

Hi all,

Thank you for tis great guide - I just installed 10.10.2 on my Surface Pro 3 (i5). Everything works except for Audio (no sound is coming out of the back speakers). I am using the kexts in the installation guide.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get the speakers working?

Thanks in advance!