[Guide] 10.10 On the Surface Pro 3

LonelyTV

341 posts in this topic

Hi

You don't need the zip - and you also don't need the complete guide. Just try the steps in the post - without the linked guide.

So - you just need to mount your EFI partition and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and copy Cloverx64.efi to bootmgfw.efi.

Gkarg

Got it working! I didnt follow some of the last instructions properly so I just started from scratch. Thanks for all your help!

I do not have sound, is there a driver I have to install? I know that the audiojack isnt working but shouldnt sound be able to come out of the speakers? Also, does anyone have Facetime or iMessage running on this yet?

Ok. A couple more things I have found not working.

1. No way to activate FaceTime or iMessage unless you have a real macs mlb and rom and use clover configuration to plug them in

2. Can't seem too get audio out of my mini display port to HDMI

3. A couple times finder has been stuck on a never ending rainbow circle and I can't open anything and all my desktop icons disappear. The only way I have found fixes this is if I completely reinstall OS X. Reboots and shutting down don't work

4. Is anyone else now getting a red screen when the surface boots up now. Anyway too fix that?

These are not big concerns or anything. Just things I've noticed and thought I'd share. im going too get an old Mac from a friend and work on getting FaceTime and iMessage to work, I'll keep you posted if I do

1. No way to activate FaceTime or iMessage unless you have a real macs mlb and rom and use clover configuration to plug them in

2. Can't seem too get audio out of my mini display port to HDMI

3. A couple times finder has been stuck on a never ending rainbow circle and I can't open anything and all my desktop icons disappear. The only way I have found fixes this is if I completely reinstall OS X. Reboots and shutting down don't work

4. Is anyone else now getting a red screen when the surface boots up now. Anyway too fix that?

These are not big concerns or anything. Just things I've noticed and thought I'd share. im going too get an old Mac from a friend and work on getting FaceTime and iMessage to work, I'll keep you posted if I do

2. You need to patch the audio framebuffer. Toleda has some good guides on this.

3. No need to reinstall. This is a permissions error from switching the device off incorrectly. Boot into safe mode and the disk check at boot should fix it. Just to be safe, once booted into safe mode, repair disk permissions with kext wizards then boot back into the device normally.

You don't need a real Mac, this tutorial works perfectly (at least it did for me): http://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

Just found a list of specs on TechRepublic that could be useful. Mentioned audio codec too, but can't yet find a kext that supports it (apart from Voodoo without headphone port).

• 1.9 GHz Intel Core i5 i5-4300U processor
  • Samsung K4E8E304ED-EGCE 1GB LPDDR3 RAM (4 x 1GB = 4GB total)
  • SK hynix HFS128G3AMNB-2200A AD SSD (128GB)
  • Ntrig NS-P4196 DuoSense Controller Chipset
  • Winbond 25X20CL1G 2Mb Serial Flash
  • QIC1832-B98B P0BH66.00S-7 1412
  • Winbond 25Q128FVPQ 128Mb Serial Flash
  • Texas Instruments TPS51624 1/2-Phase Step-Down Driverless Controller
  • 97374M TI 441 A71T
  • Marvell Avastar 88W8897 wireless chip
  • Atmel ATMLH412 16CM B 3Y0346C
  • Texas Instruments TPS51367 12-A Integrated FET Converter
  • Texas Instruments CSD87351Q5D Synchronous Buck NexFET Power Block
  • Atmel ATUC256L3U 32-bit AVR UC3 MCU
  • ITE IT8528VG 1407-FXO SC0X1A
  • Infineon SLB 9665 trusted platform module
  • NXP CBTL06GP213six-channel multiplexer for DisplayPort, HDMI and PCI Express
  • Realtek RTS5304 
  • Realtek ALC3264 Audio Codec

Just found a list of specs on TechRepublic that could be useful. Mentioned audio codec too, but can't yet find a kext that supports it (apart from Voodoo without headphone port).

• 1.9 GHz Intel Core i5 i5-4300U processor
  • Samsung K4E8E304ED-EGCE 1GB LPDDR3 RAM (4 x 1GB = 4GB total)
  • SK hynix HFS128G3AMNB-2200A AD SSD (128GB)
  • Ntrig NS-P4196 DuoSense Controller Chipset
  • Winbond 25X20CL1G 2Mb Serial Flash
  • QIC1832-B98B P0BH66.00S-7 1412
  • Winbond 25Q128FVPQ 128Mb Serial Flash
  • Texas Instruments TPS51624 1/2-Phase Step-Down Driverless Controller
  • 97374M TI 441 A71T
  • Marvell Avastar 88W8897 wireless chip
  • Atmel ATMLH412 16CM B 3Y0346C
  • Texas Instruments TPS51367 12-A Integrated FET Converter
  • Texas Instruments CSD87351Q5D Synchronous Buck NexFET Power Block
  • Atmel ATUC256L3U 32-bit AVR UC3 MCU
  • ITE IT8528VG 1407-FXO SC0X1A
  • Infineon SLB 9665 trusted platform module
  • NXP CBTL06GP213six-channel multiplexer for DisplayPort, HDMI and PCI Express
  • Realtek RTS5304 
  • Realtek ALC3264 Audio Codec

The audio codec is ALC288 as far as I know. But iFixit does say ALC3264 for some reason.

Ok so I was using clover configuratior to open the EFi config.plist to do the iMessage facetime thing and when I reboot my comp I seem to get into an endless cycle when I try to boot from Mac os. All it does is keep taking me back to the clover boot screen with a different theme every time even tho it never did that before.

Any suggestions? Do I have to install everything all over again?

mine did the same thing. I fixed it by reinstalling clover on my drive again and placing all the appropriate files back(like when installing on the usb drive). Worked for me. If you don't have a second OS X machine. A virtual one will work too.

Oh and it doesn't matter in my case. I've tried endfinity's way 3 times. I still get the ids token error. I honestly don't think I'm doing anything different from the tutorial. I've been able to fix most of my issues.

Endfinity - did you do anything different from what the tutorial says on reddit?

Thanks in advanced. If I could use this too call my brother who's accross the country. I think that would be cool. this hackintosh is still amazing, but I'd say this is the last piece of the puzzle for me.

mine did the same thing. I fixed it by reinstalling clover on my drive again and placing all the appropriate files back(like when installing on the usb drive). Worked for me. If you don't have a second OS X machine. A virtual one will work too.

Oh and it doesn't matter in my case. I've tried endfinity's way 3 times. I still get the ids token error. I honestly don't think I'm doing anything different from the tutorial. I've been able to fix most of my issues.

Endfinity - did you do anything different from what the tutorial says on reddit?

Thanks in advanced. If I could use this too call my brother who's accross the country. I think that would be cool. this hackintosh is still amazing, but I'd say this is the last piece of the puzzle for me.

Thanks for this, it worked! I really want FaceTime and iMessage to work. Hopefully someone has a good solution. In the tutorial when it says open config.plist are they referring to the one that is in the path SYSTEM/EFI/Clover/config.plist? And by open they mean import into Clover Configurator?

Hi, so there's two things you have to watch: first, the part where you're asked to add 5 random characters to a string, those have to be hex characters, otherwise it won't work. Secondly, if you edit the config.plist file directly, it will overwrite pretty much the entire .plist and you won't be able to boot anymore. So simply create a new .plist with Clover Configurator, follow the tutorial and when you're done, open the new config.plist and find the part that says

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>

</dict>

Select everything in between <dict> and </dict> and copy it. Open your actual config.plist from /SYSTEM/EFI/Clover/config.plist (might have to copy it to your desktop to edit it), open it, find the same section as above, select everything in between <dict> and </dict> and press paste, so you replace the old information with the new. Save and copy back to /SYSTEM/EFI/Clover/ if needed, then follow the tutorial as normal

• Like 1

Having same problem.

Looks like the attachment was lost when Insanely Mac went down. When I get home I'll re-upload them. Sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone has a copy of it, feel free to PM me and send them my way. That might make it quicker.

• Like 1

The link is now fixed. Thank you Scubasteve for the drivers.

Hrm, I don't know if I can help with that. At least not right now, I'm away from my Surface for the time being. But, I'm thinking it's going to need some tweaking of VoodooHDA to get it to work. I'll research more on it and let you know what I find.

• Like 1

The link is now fixed. Thank you Scubasteve for the drivers.

Hrm, I don't know if I can help with that. At least not right now, I'm away from my Surface for the time being. But, I'm thinking it's going to need some tweaking of VoodooHDA to get it to work. I'll research more on it and let you know what I find.

If you change the iMix to 70 inside the info.plist from the voodoohda.kext the headphones should work when you change the volume. This might be the same case for hdmi.

its not as responsive as id like it but be, but ive always used a Bluetooth mouse anyways, but its definitely not on the same level as it is for windows.  no scrolling on trackpad either.

Missing trackpad features is because the trackpad is being enumerated as a mouse instead of a trackpad. You could try and add the trackpad's ID to Apple's multitouch trackpad kext and see if it works but I haven't heard of any cases where anyone has done that for USB trackpads.

Alex.daoud - Thank you.  I'll look into that and report back if I find anything

anyone know how to fix the time in windows?  after rebooting/shutting down OSX, and running windows again on bootloader.  my clock is always 17 hours off.  I don't mind fixing it each time, but I thought id ask in case anyone knows what I'm talking about