Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Here are the original files

Your extracted tables have a duplicate. Look at SSDT-1.aml & SSDT-3x.aml. Remove any one of them. Extraction from clover sometimes has duplicates. That is why it is always recommended to use linux for extraction. This does not happen with linux.

Do this. Remove any one duplicate and run the script again. And this time check the logs carefully. 

Also which BIOS version are you running?

Also i do not have time to look further right now. But i just checked it with my script and it patches and compiles fine without any errors.

I had compiled without SSDT-1.aml and SSDT-3x.aml goes in not needed folder

I have not updated my BIOS since I received my laptop

Files not decompiling here, last time I had to manually fix compiles errors using MacIASL and run the script on decompiled files

here is the decompile.log file

decompile.zip

For time being boot without any tables. I really don't have much time to look into it right now. Obviously AppleACPIPlatform.kext is to blame here.

Or you can do one thing, update to latest BIOS revision (will hardly take 10 mins). Set settings in your BIOS. Extract tables with clover and patch again. That'll work for sure.

....Files not decompiling here, last time I had to manually fix compiles errors using MacIASL and run the script on decompiled files

here is the decompile.log file

Just saw your edited post. Look carefully at the log. It explains the error. You have SSDT-1.dsl in your extracted tables. It is not a binary. Its already decompiled and thats why it cannot decompile (without SSDT-1.aml).

Try the files i attached. Put them in clover/acpi/patched folder and reboot. If that doesn't work we'll have to continue tomorrow.

Compiled.zip

Now, I am able to boot by dropping OEM using the DSDT provided in the downloads section. Everything working fine except reboot. Even when I just boot and restart its not working!!

If I try to compile my dropped DSDT it doesn't work. If I fix the compile errors myself and try to boot using those, it gives the same kernel panic like yesterday... Please HELP!!!!!

I have attached the ACPI dump and compiled files for reference

ACPI_COMPILED.zip

ACPI_DUMP.zip

Now, I am able to boot by dropping OEM using the DSDT provided in the downloads section.....

That would be a bad idea. As i said, never use DSDT from another pc. Looks like you have BIOS v3.08 that was released yesterday, OP has BIOS v3.05, of course there are going to be major changes in ACPI tables.

.....If I try to compile my dropped DSDT it doesn't work. If I fix the compile errors myself and try to boot using those, it gives the same kernel panic like yesterday... Please HELP!!!!!

I have attached the ACPI dump and compiled files for reference

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

To see which patches are necessary check inside the script. Try patching manually first.

@rahuliyer95

I'm not getting you. What compile errors are you talking about? Run my script point it to ACPI_DUMP folder like this (eg):

./Y510p -t /Users/intruder/Downloads/ACPI_DUMP/

That's all you have to do! I'm getting "0", yes "0" errors here! 

And you kernel panic "System uptime in nanoseconds" is related to Power Management.

I found a service manual ( y410p/y510p) may somebody needs.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Vk4ExIgB!wSxpEMuvJcugjkR4YQtDS3xFvX4sNk4i-zTgmLizqo4

Thanks!

@All

anybody tried the new BIOS v3.08?

• Like 1

That would be a bad idea. As i said, never use DSDT from another pc. Looks like you have BIOS v3.08 that was released yesterday, OP has BIOS v3.05, of course there are going to be major changes in ACPI tables.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

To see which patches are necessary check inside the script. Try patching manually first.

Its fixed!!! Thanks, I think the error was fixed by decompiling it with newer iasl binary from the post and your script patched it like a charm.. Thanks for all the help

Now, everything is working except Restart :( Don't know why!!

Its fixed!!! Thanks, I think the error was fixed by decompiling it with newer iasl binary from the post and your script patched it like a charm.. Thanks for all the help

Now, everything is working except Restart :( Don't know why!!

Glad to hear you got it working. Try reading the script to see what patches it applied to which table. This will help you in future.

What happens when you restart?

@Ahmed :

I see in the ACPI tables you uploaded you didn't include custom SSDT for CPU (ssdPRGen.sh). Using custom SSDT increases overall performance of your CPU. Try it.

EDIT:

I'll probably try to implement this feature of generating SSDT for CPU in auto-patcher script too. By default its using a pre-made SSDT.

SSDT generated using ssdtPRgen.sh also checks for SMBIOS. I am using MBP11,2 Smbios now and the pre-made cpu SSDT i included in the script uses that smbios (mbp 11,2) by default. It won't do any harm but it may not work that efficiently. So there are two choices right now:

1. Change your smbios to MBP 11,2 or

2. boot without patched tables and run ssdtPRgen.sh to get SSDT made for your CPU and SMBIOS.

What happens when you restart?

Same old thing, screen goes black and comes only when OS X auto boots (as it is default in my Clover config) or I manually power off and on the laptop.

I don't sleep the laptop for sure

I don't see any problems. But again i'm no expert.

Did you install FakePCIID.kext?

Try to do a clean install if possible and follow OP.

I just did a clean install of os x and updated to 10.10.2, I think the system on first boot goes for a short sleep. Any way to permanently disable sleep??

....Any way to permanently disable sleep??

Yes. There are many apps in app store that will help you do that. NoSleep, Antisleep, etc. Install the apps as per your needs.

Mac's have default setting of waking up every hour. This will change it to 24 hour. 

sudo pmset -a standbydelay 86400

You can try other values as well.

@Ahmed :

I see in the ACPI tables you uploaded you didn't include custom SSDT for CPU (ssdPRGen.sh). Using custom SSDT increases overall performance of your CPU. Try it.

Oh I know about the script and the CPUPM SSDT. Actually this is a mistake I did when I replaced the older zip with a newer one that have optimus disabling fixed. It seems I left one unneeded SSDT in place of CPUPM one. I will fix the archive, thanks for the hint. Though I believe every one should generate his own using the script which is documented in the guide from day one. 

DSDT Auto-Patcher for Y510p Updated.

Changelog:

v1.2 : 
  • Cleanup -Removed Bogus SSDT's

•              -Using "OS Check Windows 12" patch now (might help with native usb drivers).

• Added choice for "LID Sleep"

• Added choice for "Wake On USB"

• Added an option to use native CPU PM SSDT, but that's experimental and that's why disabled in script.

Try it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Guide updated ..

Change-Log:

• 28/03/2015
    • Updated the patched ACPI files to include the missing CPUPM SSDT which was accidentally replaced by another useless SSDT.
    • Updated Wrapping Up section to highlight the current state of the setup.
    • Removed the Appendix, useless anyway. 
    • More to add ... (I need to review the last few pages of the thread because I believe there are other things to update in the guide)

DSDT Auto-Patcher for Y510p Updated.

Changelog:

v1.2 : 
  • Cleanup -Removed Bogus SSDT's

•              -Using "OS Check Windows 12" patch now (might help with native usb drivers).

• Added choice for "LID Sleep"

• Added choice for "Wake On USB"

• Added an option to use native CPU PM SSDT, but that's experimental and that's why disabled in script.

Try it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Good job, keep up!

I understand that MBP 11,2 appears to be more compatible especially for those who wants Intel graphics only. I will add MBP 11,2 but I will keep MBP 11,1 too because it works fine. Actually, using MBP 11,2 results in small lag (one second or so) for VoodooPS2Controller.kext on log screen or inside if auto-log is enabled. This lag cannot be reproduced with MBP 11,1 or iMac 14,2. I don't know if this small lag happens only on my machine or others can feel it too with MBP 11,2.

Hi Ahmed!

First of all, many thanks for this great topic!! Very thorough and doable for a hackintosh newbie like me:)

Hope I can be of any help by testing some things when I can. I've got the one without UltraBay graphics and i7-4700MQ and Nvidia 755M graphics. Also got a SSD and an unlocked bios. (Yeah, I am going to put this in my signature)

Regarding your question if someone had the lag with MBP 11,1. I also do have that. It didn't made my graphics better as well so I'm back at iMac 14,2. 

Edited Typo