Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Yes it is disabled it is showing 9mb how did you fixed it what your average battery life in Mac because the lenovo y510p has more battery cell than Mac book pro so how it give u on average usage

What is showing 9 mb? Post screenshot or IOReg. Battery life is around 4-4:30 hrs with wifi use, but its going to be lesser (i haven't checked) coz i'm using another HDD now (in caddy). Also, not to mention a usb wifi.

Well I patched Cpu power PCm again ANd After Half and Hour later My Battery Reduced by 23% How to fix this Pls help 

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: PABAS0241231-41167

Manufacturer: LENOVO 

Device Name: PABAS0241231

Charge Information:

The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No

The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No

Charge Remaining (mAh): 2127

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4873

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 57

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): -2277

Voltage (mV): 10145

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 1

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

AutoPowerOff Delay: 14400

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

DarkWakeBackgroundTasks: 0

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Hibernate Mode: 3

Standby Delay: 10800

Standby Enabled: 0

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 1

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 2

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

AutoPowerOff Delay: 14400

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

Current Power Source: Yes

DarkWakeBackgroundTasks: 0

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Hibernate Mode: 3

Reduce Brightness: Yes

Standby Delay: 10800

Standby Enabled: 0

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: No

Charging: No

• ...Sleep/Wake on Lid Close/Open : this can be fixed but it haven't yet.....

I don't know why you still added "Sleep on Lid close" to not-fixed section. I already had posted a fix for this here. It is also included in Auto-DSDT patcher.

"Wake on Lid open" doesn't work (no intention to fix it btw). By pressing any key it wakes up fine.

I don't know why you still added "Sleep on Lid close" to not-fixed section. I already had posted a fix for this here. It is also included in Auto-DSDT patcher.

"Wake on Lid open" doesn't work (no intention to fix it btw). By pressing any key it wakes up fine.

Not by intention. I just made clean ups, rearrangements, and trimmed some useless details and this one survived. You have to know that it is an awful experience to edit a lengthy thread in this forum. A simple paste after a copy/cut moves the editor to a different location and I got to find where I was.

That's why I wanted to switch to PDF at one point so everything is in one document that is easy to format and handle. It can contain images and tables without any upload. But people didn't appreciate the idea, so now and then there will be some weird things like this. I will edit it anyway, thanks!

While I do not like the current fix for sleep on LID close (it should be better called workaround rather than fix), I added it to the guide as no other ways are available at the moment. Guide updated with this change-log:

• 12/04/2015
    • Added section for sleep on LID close
    • Corrected the current issues section to exclude sleep on LID close.

Not by intention. I just made clean ups, rearrangements, and trimmed some useless details and this one survived. You have to know that it is an awful experience to edit a lengthy thread in this forum. A simple paste after a copy/cut moves the editor to a different location and I got to find where I was...

I know. lol. I can imagine that.

While I do not like the current fix for sleep on LID close (it should be better called workaround rather than fix), I added it to the guide as no other ways are available at the moment. Guide updated with this change-log:

• 12/04/2015
    • Added section for sleep on LID close
    • Corrected the current issues section to exclude sleep on LID close.

It is a "workaround" as a matter of fact. There's no harm in using this. I tried to fix the "wake on open" scenario but i couldn't. It would take a lot of time reading ACPI spec and experimenting. So i thought it's better to leave it as it is rather than wasting time around it.

It is not a big problem anyways.

There's nothing here to "not" like it. It is not a dirty fix. It is a reasonable workaround. Also, if you don't like it, be my guest in fixing it. Any help is appreciated as always.

There's nothing here to "not" like it. It is not a dirty fix. It is a reasonable workaround. Also, if you don't like it, be my guest in fixing it. Any help is appreciated as always.

The same workaround I have been using for long time for EHC1/EHC2/XHC to fix instant-wake from sleep but those does not have any uncontrollable side effect and removing _PRW for them does not break any thing else. This one, however, have apparent side effect as fixing LID sleep will break LID wake and this is what I don not like.

I have been testing and found other possibilities to allow sleep on LID close without removing _PRW for LID0 at all. But still, wake on LID open will still be not fixed and no one apparently know how to correctly deal with instant-wake problems.

...This one, however, have apparent side effect as fixing LID sleep will break LID wake and this is what I don not like....

I have no problem with this and I have no intention of diving deeper into fixing it. Not that big problem anyway. I mean, you can always wake using keyboard or mouse.

If you cannot fix "wake on open" (utilizing _PRW method), no need to worry about removing the whole _PRW (wake) part, right? But if you have a solution at hand where "wake on open" works then you might say this fix is obsolete (remove _PRW). But then again, you don't have a fix, do you?

If you have a better method (one where both lid open/close works) i'm all ears.

If you don't like it, try and fix it. As simple as that. I bet it'll help many others.

...I have been testing and found other possibilities to allow sleep on LID close without removing _PRW for LID0 at all. But still, wake on LID open will still be not fixed and no one apparently know how to correctly deal with instant-wake problems.

I saw you post on TM forum just now. Like i said. No need to worry about the whole removing _PRW thing if you can't utilize it.

EDIT: Found this regarding gfx issue.

Makes me think its related to driver issue. Will look into debug.

I believe it can be fixed even though no one know how yet. Considering the problem is bigger than wake on LID instead it's about instant-wake for all devices that have _PRW. But I agree that for our case it is not a major issue (not even a minor). It is a bonus if we got it working but no problem with the situation as is.

Still, a fix is a fix. Fixing problem A while sacrificing all future-possibilities for problem B is a workaround that is acceptable at the moment but not permanent. However, I would not pressure this anymore and I think the current state about this in the guide is fair and square. At the end of the day I would not use sleep anyway with the current graphics issue and that's why I bought an SSD.

The graphics issue is why more severe and it does not seem to get a fix any soon. I hope we can find anything before the hardware we have becomes obsolete and we move to other computer!  

Also, can you see 1920x1080 @60 Hz in Sys Info? If i remember correctly, i have never seen a display resolution without "Refresh Rate" in "System Info". Might be something.

This is interesting. I made a google image search and found many results with no refresh rate visible in Sys Info. Take this one for example, no refresh rate for the main display (although one exist for the external display but it is irrelevant). I could not resist the temptation to check my setup for this and found it to be working correctly from as low @10 to max @59-60 as can be seen in this record from the test on my machine. I also extracted EDID with SwitchResX and the refresh rate was identified correctly (Mode = 1920 x 1080 @ 59.934Hz).

The one thing I did not understand while experimenting is how OpenGL Driver Monitor identifies our graphics card. Instead of indicating Intel HD Graphics it states Intel Iris Pro as you can see below.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_13_at_16_20_03.png

This is interesting. I made a google image search and found many results with no refresh rate visible in Sys Info. Take this one for example, no refresh rate for the main display (although one exist for the external display but it is irrelevant). I could not resist the temptation to check my setup for this and found it to be working correctly from as low @10 to max @59-60 as can be seen in this record from the test on my machine. I also extracted EDID with SwitchResX and the refresh rate was identified correctly (Mode = 1920 x 1080 @ 59.934Hz)....

Good to know. Thanks.

...The one thing I did not understand while experimenting is how OpenGL Driver Monitor identifies our graphics card. Instead of indicating Intel HD Graphics it states Intel Iris Pro as you can see below.....

That's normal.

That's normal.

I'm not so sure this is normal. In this blog post by PikerAlpha, the initial experimentations with HD 4600 shown it is identified as Intel Iris Pro (GT3) and that we have to patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to make it recognise the HD 4600 natively. We started doing this (with additional patch as ours is Mobile) while ago until finally we are using Fake-PCI-ID method which does the trick and graphic is currently identified correctly in About this Mac as Intel HD Graphics 4600. So I wonder why does this program still read it as Intel Iris Pro?

I'm not so sure this is normal. In this blog post by PikerAlpha, the initial experimentations with HD 4600 shown it is identified as Intel Iris Pro (GT3) and that we have to patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to make it recognise the HD 4600 natively. We started doing this (with additional patch as ours is Mobile) while ago until finally we are using Fake-PCI-ID method which does the trick and graphic is currently identified correctly in About this Mac as Intel HD Graphics 4600. So I wonder why does this program still read it as Intel Iris Pro?

That's due to ig-platform-id. I think for some reason, framebuffer defines the graphics.

Hi,

I made a separate thread regarding graphics issue here. Check it out.

It seems OSX's driver is ignoring VBIOS clamping of bpp to 6 and puts invalid bpp in PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_EDP register. Linux's i915 driver does that as you can see here: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c#n1204 . This is the first thing I would be looking into. If that doesn't work then obviously DDI_BUF_CTL_A (OS X is setting DDI_A_4_LANES bit even though it shouldn't) and DP_TP_CTL_A registers.

I'm waiting for a new wifi card before installing hackintosh on my y510p so I can't help much right now, but I'll look into soon assuming you won't have it solved by then.

It seems OSX's driver is ignoring VBIOS clamping of bpp to 6 and puts invalid bpp in PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_EDP register. Linux's i915 driver does that as you can see here: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c#n1204 . This is the first thing I would be looking into. If that doesn't work then obviously DDI_BUF_CTL_A (OS X is setting DDI_A_4_LANES bit even though it shouldn't) and DP_TP_CTL_A registers.....

Thanks for your response. That's the first thing that came on my mind actually. After comparing logs before and after sleep, the PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_EDP register changed from 6 bpc to 8 bpc. I don't have much idea of what to make of it but i'm still looking into it in the Intel PRM datasheet here.

I would be very glad if you (and anyone else) would take a look. And also, lets take the posts on that thread, keeping this one clean. It would also help someone having the same issues. 

Thanks again.

...I'm waiting for a new wifi card before installing hackintosh on my y510p so I can't help much right now, but I'll look into soon assuming you won't have it solved by then....

Take your time. Lol :D . I don't know if i'm going to solve it or not. It takes a lot of time which i don't have much of. With some help, i'm sure it can be solved. Looking to hear from you again (in that thread  :P ).

Guys just a quick question does Using native DsDt and SSDt can Cause A battery Drain Cause I think It can be one of The reason

So this what I did for installation Well I am A kind Of lazy person and That's Why at first I installed Mac according to this guide But I was not able to create A proper Clover partition and Thats choose to Use a Efi folder Shared For same Model By a guy on a Youtube. This Fixed all Problem For me But This Battery draining Problem Arrived So what you suggest Should I Make A fresh installation and Try to boot Up (note: I have Extracted DSDT and SSDT Files from Linux )

You should do a fresh install. It is an excellent and a very straight forward guide. Follow the steps and you'll be up and running in no time. 

You don't need to use EFI folder from someone else. Again, follow the guide properly.