[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760)

pepto

461 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for this tutorial

I installed the Yosemite in Dell 960 with old ATI Radeon 4550, everything work, only the video card show me only 6mb. It really slow to start sometimes and also the mouse show the lag when you move the windows over the desktop

I tried to install the kext directly but i had a black screen and i reinstalled again

Can someone had did with this old video card and work?

Thanks in advance.

p.s./ Sorry im very new in hackintosh and mac!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hallo everyone, first of all thanks for your guide, I have been able to install YOSEMITE on my dell optiplex 780 with a 120Gb SSD and a sapphire Radeon 5450 graphic card.

I have WI-FI working on a €2 usb adapter (with dwa-140 system) only problem at every reboot have to go on it and reconnet (but stay connected if wake from sleep mode)

only 2 little problems... with an €1 bluetooth adapter have been able to connect the Apple Wireless Keyboard but it seems there is a problem due that it does not work always.... but on bluetooth preferences there are 2 devices (one as adman's keyboard and the other as c8-e0-eb-12-99-73) but both devices are the same keyboard... and anywise it doesn't work.

Second problem , I bought a monitor LG 25UM57 (with maximum resolution 2560x1080) but I am not able to switch to this resolution, it works at 1920x1080, I tried to use SwitchResX but .... no result.. hope you can help me... and hope I am not posting on the wrong place...

Regards

Hi, I have strange problem with my install.

I can only install without the Radeon HD5450 (removed from pc), although I get a very slow interface, I'm able to install 10.10.
When I install the HD5450 card and reboots, it shows the white Apple logo but halfway I get a black screen. Changing monitor did not help. 
When I try to re-install from Yosemite usb-stick the same thing happens, but then I can see the activity on the usb-drive stops. So it seems the machine halts when switching video card?
As test I reformatted the hd with windows7 and the Radeon HD5450 is recognized and working without problems.
Does someone knows a solution for my problem?

Hi, I have strange problem with my install.

I can only install without the Radeon HD5450 (removed from pc), although I get a very slow interface, I'm able to install 10.10.
When I install the HD5450 card and reboots, it shows the white Apple logo but halfway I get a black screen. Changing monitor did not help. 
When I try to re-install from Yosemite usb-stick the same thing happens, but then I can see the activity on the usb-drive stops. So it seems the machine halts when switching video card?
As test I reformatted the hd with windows7 and the Radeon HD5450 is recognized and working without problems.
Does someone knows a solution for my problem?

Did you follow the Guide in post #2 ? The OP is outdated and should not be used anymore.

Hum… Are you sure you ran that script on a Dell Optiplex 760/780 ?

I can see totally crazy info in your System Informations report such as :

• MacBook5,1

• Ethernet managed by nvenet.kext + WiFI Airport

• NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

• NVidia MCP79 AHCI

• etc, etc.

Seems like you ran the script on a real MacBook or Hack-like to me. Anyway, your CLOVER folder looks OK so I guess it's just a mistake :D.

But you shouldn't set InjectATI=true when using the DSDT. It's useless and may cause some issues.

Try this DSDT.aml instead of the current one in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched :

DSDT.aml.zip

I've followed the #2 guide using an Optiplex 755 with a AMD 6450. During boot, after the Apple logo and progress bar, the monitor goes to sleep. I tried removing the DSDT but then I get a AHCI-related kernel panic. Any ideas?

Edited by macjedimatt

Hum… Are you sure you ran that script on a Dell Optiplex 760/780 ?

Seems like you ran the script on a real MacBook or Hack-like to me. Anyway, your CLOVER folder looks OK so I guess it's just a mistake :D.

At the moment I don't have a working Optiplex, in the meantime I installed windows7 on it to know for sure that the new Radeon HD5450 is working. And it is.

The first problem is to get a working usb-stick for installation of Yosemite (with the Radeon HD5450 installed), so I mounted the EFI of the stick and ran your script.

I will test your DSDT tomorrow and post the results!

I've followed the #2 guide using an Optiplex 755 with a AMD 6450. During boot, after the Apple logo and progress bar, the monitor goes to sleep. I tried removing the DSDT but then I get a AHCI-related kernel panic. Any ideas?

The provided DSDT is designed for AMD Radeon 5450 Series. I'm not really sure of this but I think the AMD Radeon 6450 Series works OOB and don't need any DSDT patch. Please, run this in a teminal window and post report.spx here (it's on your Desktop) :

system_profiler -detailLevel mini -xml > ~/Desktop/report.spx

Meanwhile, you can try this Generic DSDT.

• Like 1

Try this DSDT.aml instead of the current one in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched :

I disabled "InjectATI" with Clover Configurator. I saw there is the verbose (-v) option and I swichted that on.

I placed your DSDT in folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched of the installation usb-stick and rebooted.

But nothing changed (I get some scrolling text, but it goes to fast to see wat ihe last line is).

Then the screen darkens and activity on the usb-stick stops.

Edit: I made movie with my iPhone and was able to catch the last moment, line says something like:

"SuperIODevice: [fatal] found unsupported chip!" (see attachment)

Few days ago I tested the Radeon HD5450 with windows 7 and made a screen dump of the specs as shows by 'speccy'.

See attachment. Maybe AMD is using a different chipset or rom than the ones who are working without problems?

post-373584-0-72406800-1447589641_thumb.jpg

post-373584-0-54433200-1447590143_thumb.jpg

Well according to your screenshots, seems like you have the same exact "problem" than member jakeyg1.

Your Radeon HD 5450 is NOT a 5450. Look here then you can see that it's more likely a Radeon HD 6450 model. And as I said, this card is natively supported on OS X.

But the Generic DSDT I pointed out should have solved the problem. Don't worry about messages in verbose mode, they don't really matters. It's just FakeSMC's GPU Plugins that complains it can't identify your model.

Try with InjectATI=true AND with the Generic DSDT. Also, tell me what video connectors and display you're currently using (HDMI/DVI/VGA) ad post your config.plist too.

Try with InjectATI=true AND with the Generic DSDT. Also, tell me what video connectors and display you're currently using (HDMI/DVI/VGA) ad post your config.plist too.

Didn't help. After a few seconds the Apple logo disappears and installation halts.

See attachment for my config.plist.

Maybe can send me the whole EFI-folder (about 8 MB), there is so much discussion about merging, replacing or deleting the Clover-folder... ;-)

config.plist.zip

Remove Shrike in Clover Configurator > Graphics > FB Name.

Maybe can send me the whole EFI-folder (about 8 MB), there is so much discussion about merging, replacing or deleting the Clover-folder... ;-)

May be helpful yes. BTW, did you edit any AMD kexts ?

Good, but I need to know what connectors/Display you're using.

Your whole EFI folder is OK and I'm pretty sure there's no problem with it. The only reason I can see why your Monitor goes black is that there's an issue with the way you connect it to the Optiplex.

HDMI/DVI is prefered though it should work fine in VGA too. Have you tried others video ports on your "Radeon 6450 disguised in 5450" ?

I used the DVI until now, the VGA is on a seperate connector on the Radeon 6450/5450 but I was able to use it via a opening in the housing (I'm using a Optiplex smal form factor).

But it doesn't solve the problem... Installation starts, I see the logo few seconds and then the screen go black.

I give up, gonna look for a different video card...