CUDA 418.163 is out! [UPDATE May 10, 2019]

fantomas

140 posts in this topic

Since most CUDA-compatible GPUs are not fully supported on OS X most Mac developers have gone down the path of OpenCL or now Metal.

Only cross-platform apps designed explicitly around CUDA are likely to need it (or benefit from it) on Mac.

The only ones that come to mind are Adobe Premiere, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, and a couple of 3rd-party 3D renderers (Octane and Cycles 4D).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the place to give my feedback, but my CUDA is not working within Premiere Pro, the software is not recognizing it.

My system is a Sierra 10.12.5 with latest CUDA (8.0.83) and Nvidia Web Drivers. I have not managed to make a fresh install, I'm in the middle of a project, but maybe someone has the same problem.

I have a 1080Ti Extreme Edition, x99 5930k, Asus x99 Deluxe.

I know it's a luxury to have CUDA since it's already awesome I can use both Mac and Pascal GPU right now.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great!

I also think Nvidia will soon put CUDA 9.0 RC to Final candidate :)

CUDA 9.0 RC already works great with Pascal Gpus  (Sierra ).

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 08.23.27.jpg

do you have links for the nbody cuda benchmark?

sorry it is not my fault but moderator moved my thread in a cuda related one so previous link it is no good anymore

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-8090-is-out-update-07212017/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2501072

Anyway it seems to be a cuda 10.12 installer dmg. So what has this to do with 10.13 web drivers or 10.13? 

yes you have all the reason to complain!

85% of latest message are about an hacked 10.12.6 driver

25% of yours message are pointing to a guide on a site not supported here.

you win! :-)

I am joking

sorry but I want to try a real new web driver for my rig!

I am totally  sharing your desire for 10.13 web drivers! But 10.12 is 10.12 and cuda is cuda... thus, I was just asking myself what was the reason behind the link you provided above ... that's all... 

Sorry But cuda is a unified product...and if you see it is also working without a correct web driver for 10.13 and this fact is true also with previous cuda release (ie8090)

So if we have today a real nvidia web driver for 10.13 we could use cuda posted in this forum to have a fully working graphics system

I think also people with Kepler card can use it with osx internal nvidia driver

I know that cuda is a unified product and it does not depend on a system specific web driver... Therefore I was asking which idea was behind your link to the 10.12 cuda installer, especially with respect to the 10.13 web drivers under discussion in this thread....  never mind.. thanks for your reply anyway! 

do you have links for the nbody cuda benchmark?

I upload the nbody cuda benchmark (start with terminal with parameter  -numbodies=32768 , needs CUDA 9 RC ) but  you need also the CUDA 9 RC driver.

Its within the dev CUDA 9 RC set (1,3 GB!) download. 

nbody.zip

• Like 1