Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

I used this kext a one month ago, without success (10.10.2 and WebDriver 343.02 version). My DSDT and config.plist are in signature (dropbox link). Thank u so much :)

OF99AV

Oh, you're using VoodooHDA ! I'm not sure it works with it. I use patched AppleHDA.

BTW, 346.01.02b01 works really fine with HDMI Audio kext, not so sure with 343.02, you should give a try…

I'm using VoodooHDA for enable ALC892 (node patch) with Asus 3xxx UEFI Version, but i'm using AppleHDA for HDMIAudio ;) (Situation not changed, when i remove VoodooHDA).

P.S. I'm using Voodoo and AppleHDA at the same time !.

Well, I suggest you to try the 346.01.02b01 or even the new 346.01.02f01. They brings back HDMI audio support with HDMI Audio kext for me.

Good luck !

With latest version , HDMIAudio works OOTB as 343.01 version. Thx for the support polyzargone.

OF99AV

• Like 1

Got everything working perfectly fairly easily! I have Nvidia GTX 750 1 GB. Here are the steps I took...

First, I ran clover configurator to disable nvidia web driver by unchecking nvda_drv=1 and checking nv_disable=1. I did this so after I updated to 10.10.3 I wouldn't have a broken screen. Anyways, my setup is similar to a 12,2 configuration but I didn't want problems so I went into SMBIOS and changed it back to 3,1. So then I restart.

Now I'm back to stock graphics which look terrible on a GTX 750, but it is mostly manageable. I went to the app store and downloaded the 10.10.3 update. It automatically installed and restarted my computer. Screen still works on restart but first thing I wanted to do was to get back on the web driver. So I ran clover configurator and checked nvda_drv=1 and unchecked nv_disable=1. Next step I installed 346.01.02f01 web driver. I then restarted and graphics look great again.

I had heard the 10.10.3 update disables trim. So I check out the Trim support in system information and sure enough it says "No". So I execute this code:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

After restart, Trim now says "Yes" again.

The last thing I did was install the HDMIaudio1.1 kext that I'm sure everyone on this forum knows about (I'm guessing version 1.0 would work as well). You can find both in posts #1 and #207 in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1499797 After restarting, HDMI audio works perfectly. It's the same as it always has been for me though, the sound icon in the menu bar is grayed out. But regardless, HDMI audio works! And when I plug in my TV to the 2nd HDMI port of the GTX 750, it shows up in the Sound settings and I can choose between it and my computer monitor. I also tested if they worked after waking from sleep and they both do no problem.

HOORAY! Audio through HDMI Finally works! ...Ok enough excitement :lol:  (For the record, since 10.10.2 i couldnt get HDMI audio to work!)

For those of us with Nvidia GTX 660 cards (Mine is the 3GB model), you can get HDMI audio by doing the following;

Download and install the 346.01.02f01 web driver

Download and install this AppleHDA Kext (Has never failed me): https://mega.co.nz/#!vJtxTSyY!ZdeCUM7WWlBzspzeu14nqISsR-5dqO9e1nhBVdLnM0Y

Assuming all went well, once you reboot (for the 2nd time after having installed the AppleHDA kext) you will have beautiful HDMI audio and now be on the latest version of OSX (10.10.3 at the time of typing)

Not sure what was changed in the driver/OS, but it works and thats what counts :P

If it helps anyone with diagnosing their own lack of HDMI audio issues, here is my setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

GPU: GTX 660 (3GB)

OSX: 10.10.3

AppleHDA Kext Version:  2.4.7-toledaALC887

post-617832-0-87588000-1429014240_thumb.png

one question:

"Does is it possible with yosemite 10.10.3 go back to using  a  version of webdriver natively for 10.10.2?"

I ask this, because before updating Yosemite in 10.10.3, with the latest drivers for 10.10.2, in  game, I had better performance  with  my 9800M GTS ...

in particular I would like to use:

Nvidia Web Driver - 346.01.01f01 --> 10.10.2 fifth public release

with yosemite 10.10.3

EDIT:

I tried to unpack, and repack putting the package as supported os as 10.10.3 in file "distribution":

var supportedOSVer = "10.10.3”;
var supportedOSBuildVer = "14D131”;

but at the time of launch the installation of pkg I get a java error message:

It was an error in the reading of the package...

Here's the fix for supplemental update & latest webdrivers :

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Change this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14D131</string>

Like that :

<string>14D136</string>

then :

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

And finally, reboot ! :D

• Like 4

Change this :

<string>14D131</string>

Like that :

<string>14D136</string>

then :

Thank, it works! ;)

• Like 1

I'm sure there's probably a better way to do this, but if you haven't already updated your driver to the 14D131 compatible one and you've applied the 14D136 update, then simply changing the NVDAStartup.kext plist doesn't work.  So if you change your system build number in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist back to 14D131, you can then update the driver to 346.01.02f01 (the 14D131 compatible one), then apply the NVDAStartup plist fix and reset your build number back to 14D136.  Like I said, probably a way better to do this with less hoops (and reboots! lol), but it works.

Still not sure what I am doing wrong that I don't have my HDMI audio output from my graphics card. I have followed all of the steps. I have installed the HDMI Audio kext. I have followed each and every update to a "T" and still no results where other people have perfect results with the same card and system. 

The most annoying one is that even after you install and enable the web driver, it keeps saying it is using the OS X Default. If you click on the "web Driver" it just switches the checkmark without a password or reboot.

I also had a moment with GTX750 where pink appeared in windows.

I have put the drivers on 3 different Yose installs, all act the same. If you check which extensions are loaded it is in fact the Web ones.

I have only installed on DP4, haven't done the PB1 yet, maybe it's fixed there.

Still no MST for 4Ks, may never come.

Change this :

<string>14D131</string>

Like that :

<string>14D136</string>

then :

No luky for me... still remain : "(not compatible)"

Driver version : 346.01.02f01

No luky for me... still remain : "(not compatible)"

Driver version : 346.01.02f01

Did you control-x before shutting down the terminal ? Otherwise, changes would not be applied :P....

You can easily check this by running once again :

It should works.

Did you control-x before shutting down the terminal ? Otherwise, changes would not be applied :P....

You can easily check this by running once again :

It should works.

Yes. I save it.

Nothing works for me with this last supplemental update.

I was using the latest Nvidia driver for 14D131 and got the update from the MAS, then before restarting I modified the Nvidia plist to 14D136 and touched the system extensions in terminal. Then I got this weird thing saying that NvStartup was installed improperly.. Weird because I'm used to doing this method before without issues. Don't know what went wrong this time around.

Anyways, now I'm on the 14D136 version of the OS and Nvidia's panel doesn't let me use the alternate drivers. Tried Blankmac solution too of modifying the system version directly but no luck so far. I'm stuck for now. Any thoughts?

Yes. I save it.

Nothing works for me with this last supplemental update.

I was using the latest Nvidia driver for 14D131 and got the update from the MAS, then before restarting I modified the Nvidia plist to 14D136 and touched the system extensions in terminal. Then I got this weird thing saying that NvStartup was installed improperly.. Weird because I'm used to doing this method before without issues. Don't know what went wrong this time around.

Anyways, now I'm on the 14D136 version of the OS and Nvidia's panel doesn't let me use the alternate drivers. Tried Blankmac solution too of modifying the system version directly but no luck so far. I'm stuck for now. Any thoughts?

Strange indeed. I mean, the message stating that NVDAStartup was installed improperly is weird as the the kext isn't actually re-installed, it is just modified so the only thing it should complain about is invalid kext signature...

I suggest you completely remove webdrivers using NVIDIA's prefpane and re-install a fresh version from scratch. There maybe something wrong with your kexts due to multiple patchs/edits/mix of different version of the webdrivers.

Hope this helps !

Strange indeed. I mean, the message stating that NVDAStartup was installed improperly is weird as the the kext isn't actually re-installed, it is just modified so the only thing it should complain about is invalid kext signature...

I suggest you completely remove webdrivers using NVIDIA's prefpane and re-install a fresh version from scratch. There maybe something wrong with your kexts due to multiple patchs/edits/mix of different version of the webdrivers.

Hope this helps !

Seems like something got corrupted. I can no longer access the Nvidia panel in system preferences, it asks for a reinstall.

As of Nvidia's package drivers, my computer in not compatible now... 

So, I modified the system version back and forth, nothing's happening.