[Help] Core i7-720QM Power Management & Speedstep

yehia2amer

28 posts in this topic

the Problem: I am trying to enable Power Management & Speedstep in i7-720QM CPU

Speed stepping used to work in previous versions of OS X, using old ver of ssdtPRGen.sh but after Mavericks it don't work

i tried to use the newest ver of ssdtPRGen.sh but it don't support my processor, i even tried to contact with Piker but he confirmed that he don't support this CPU

I would greatly appreciate any help

You don't need SSDT.

Just use Generate P e C states.

when i try to use only clover, the Multiplier became always "7" or 931MHZ which is the min Frequency 

but when i use the current SSDT it always use the highest Multiplier "12" or 1.2GHZ (Static) no change in Frequency and no Turbo boost !

using SSDT :

post-307642-0-32787900-1410086979_thumb.png

without SSDT (Clover only):

post-307642-0-04689700-1410087007_thumb.png

post-307642-0-15487200-1410087037_thumb.png

post-307642-0-73052700-1410087145_thumb.png

hello

should use macbookpro6,2 smbios...

try this extract all ur bios tables with clover

Fn + F4

is gonna be saved in CLOVER/ACPI/Original

copy from there all ssdt tables to CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder..

then in clover set

DropOEMSSDT=True

Generate P-States=False

Generate C-States=False

is just a test

good hack

• Like 1

What SMBios you use?

i tried macbookpro6,2 and macbook air but it don't change anything !

hello

should use macbookpro6,2 smbios...

try this extract all ur bios tables with clover

Fn + F4

is gonna be saved in CLOVER/ACPI/Original

copy from there all ssdt tables to CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder..

then in clover set

DropOEMSSDT=True

Generate P-States=False

Generate C-States=False

is just a test

good hack

The Same result the Multiplier is always "7" or 931MHZ which is the min Frequency !

so i reverted back to my edited SSDT.aml

but i noticed accedently that when my hackintinosh go to sleep and wake up again, speedstep works perfectly :)

so what could be the problem !!!

• 1 year later...

using clover

works for up to yosemite(works in el capitan too but sleep and shutdown don't seem to be working)

use smbios macbookpro6,2

don't generate c-states

don't generate p-states

don't drop oemssdt

should only have DSDT in the patched folder(if patched)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

using clover

works for up to yosemite(works in el capitan too but sleep and shutdown don't seem to be working)

use smbios macbookpro6,2

don't generate c-states

don't generate p-states

don't drop oemssdt

should only have DSDT in the patched folder(if patched)

This wouldnt work always because the power management is done by BIOS and some laptops do not support bios pwm.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to wake up this thread. I have same CPU and therefore unsupported by Piker.

So I have copied all 5 SSDTs generated using Clover into patched folder and then added them in the list in config.plist

I'm using MPB6.2

I've seen my CPU x multiplier in HWMonitor all over the place. From 7 to 15. So I think turbo working fine. I also see perceptible performance increase especially as soon as I login, screen renders much faster with tray icons.

My real issue is instant wake on sleep. Since the original poster here seems to have had the same issue, was wondering if he solved it.

can you explain what you mean by this highlighted part, how you did this?

and then added them in the list in config.plist

Sorry to wake up this thread. I have same CPU and therefore unsupported by Piker.

So I have copied all 5 SSDTs generated using Clover into patched folder and then added them in the list in config.plist

I'm using MPB6.2

I've seen my CPU x multiplier in HWMonitor all over the place. From 7 to 15. So I think turbo working fine. I also see perceptible performance increase especially as soon as I login, screen renders much faster with tray icons.

My real issue is instant wake on sleep. Since the original poster here seems to have had the same issue, was wondering if he solved it.

@macq, First and foremost, I'm not sure I'm supposed to do *this*

F2+F4 at Clover Boot screen will dump various aml files to Clover/ACPI/origin

Then in config.plist add them in sequence.

Sometimes you will get duplicate SSDTs. A clue is if two file sizes are the same.

BUT, once again, I don't think one is supposed to do this, while I dare say, my laptop is running much faster than it did before and also boots faster. For instance, previously after login, it took a while for all my tray app icons to load. Now it is instantaneous.

Needless to say, my quest is to try and solve my power issues causing instant wake. I know EHC2 is the culprit probably the WebCam preventing the sleep. Either I fix it or maybe figure out how to write script to disable it and enable it, so I can leave it disabled, get my sleep, and enable at will only when I need.

• Like 1

First, you should not take any SSDTs which have names with a letter following a number. So I only needed to take ONE of them.

Second, just look at config.plist docs. There is a place in bottom right in the UI below where you specify DSDT where you can add your SSDTs.

• Like 1

First, you should not take any SSDTs which have names with a letter following a number. So I only needed to take ONE of them.

Second, just look at config.plist docs. There is a place in bottom right in the UI below where you specify DSDT where you can add your SSDTs.

So if I have ssdt like SSDT-1x.aml to 4x and SSDT-0, I leave all the x ones and put yne 0 one in gui cloverconfigurator by drag and drop.

Is that it?

• 2 weeks later...

@macq

I just go to finder, click on the ssdt pretending to rename it, then copy to  clipboard

Then go to clover configurator, hit +, then paste and type ".aml".

Can't get any simpler than that.

And oh by the way, don't take any SSDTs which have a letter after the number before ".aml". They don't help but I don't know if they hurt