InsanelyMac Forum
LonelyTV

MacOsX on the Surface Pro 3

Update (23/02/15):

gkarg has gotten the Type Cover to work in Yosemite. I'm working on an updated tutorial that will cover installing 10.10 on the machine. But for now, here is the link the KEXT needed to get the Type Cover working.

Thank you Gkarg and everyone else for all of your hard work on getting this to work.

Type Cover 3 KEXT

----------------------------------------------------------

This is the current status of what is and what isn't working:

Type cover -> works

Touch screen -> in progress

Wi-Fi -> not working

Bluetooth -> not working

Sound -> works

Graphics -> works with QE/CI + HiDPI Mode with minor graphic glitches

SD Card -> works

USB 3.0 -> works

----------------------------------------------

Seeing as the Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 2 share similar hardware I made an attempt to install 10.9.2 on to it. Following JahStories' tutorial I was able to get the machine to boot into the installer.

However, because of the new screen it seemed to hang at a black screen. To fix this I had to adjust some of the flags given to Clover. 

Here is a fixed "config.plist" that will let the installer and OS boot past the black screen:

Surface Pro 3 Clover Config.zip

I added to DSDT fixes: INTELGFX as well as GRAPHICS to the plist, changed the "Intel Injection" to true, changed the SMBIOS to a full Macbook Air SMBIOS, and removed the custom EDID since we have a new panel. 

Once in the OS the UI has some serious artifacts on the menu bar as well as the dock. I attribute this to the new screen and with time I'm sure we can figure out how to fix it. 

Here is the HEX for the EDID if you want to try out a custom EDID for the panel. I haven't had the chance to input it.

00FFFFFFFFFFFF004CA342350000000000170101951911780AEE95A3544C99260F505400000001010101010101010101010101010101785070A080A0295030203A00FEA9000000196A4070A080A0295030203A00FEA900000019000000FE0053414D53554E470A2020202020000000FE00313230514C30312D3030310A200069

This is just a start and I hope others will contribute so we can get it up and running.

Advertisement

you can try to use a genericxhci kext to make the keyboard work...

Sadly, the two versions of the KEXT didn't work. I'll give it another go shortly.

Hey, do you have a short guide of what you've done so far?

So far all I have done is trying to get the OS to install. In doing so I followed the first set of tutorials on the Surface Pro 2 thread (under the header: "Surface Pro 2 Gen Steps"). The only modifications I needed to do was to utilize the config.plist that I have posted above in place of the one the tutorial tells us to use. This got me into the installer and into the OS. 

I haven't had time to toy with anything else but as I said there isn't much left to try and fix. We need to get the Type Cover to work and iron out the graphical artifacts the screen has when in the OS. I'm thinking that the artifacts can be taken care of if we can get the right DSDT, any DSDT Modifications, as well as an adjusted conflg.plist. The type cover currently isn't working in Linux either so I'm suspecting it's due to a unsupported USB chipset. Something I'm sure that can be fixed with the right KEXT. 

its still not ready for daily use...

but you can always test & try installing it as Lonelytv posted...

btw i find more interesting installing and fixing everything, than actually use my hackintoshes 

it's the insanely part :D

I too have "artifacts" on the menu bar and dock, even on SP2. Maybe they are 4300U caused? I will post again about them on SFPro2 thread "soon".

By the way, AvastarFwLoader won't work on SP3, but the fix should be trivial (add a new personality for the new PCI IDs and mix in the new USB8897 firmware image from http://git.marvell.com/?p=mwifiex-firmware.git;a=tree;f=mrvl

I will try to build a version that should work on all Surface models, but as usual, it may be some time until my next freetime slot.

I've had to stop work on trying to get OS X to run on my device recently. I've been having some issues with LCDs and I will be on my third Surface Pro 3 next week. However, I did figure a few things out:

• Sound does work when you use VoodooHDA and remove the AppleHDA kext. This is no surprise since it worked on the Surface Pro 2, I just never got around to working with it.

• The graphic artifacts go away when you boot into OS X with a resolution lower than native. I found the "1600x1066" resolution to be close enough to native.. I don't know what causes the artifacts just yet, but the fix currently is to set the resolution to lower than native, and reboot. Changing it back to native WILL cause the artifacts to show up again. Also, the brightness is fixed and can not be changed, yet.

• I still have had NO success with the type cover or touch screen. No amount of KEXT I throw at it I can not make the type cover work. The touch screen, on the other hand, uses the N-Trig DuoSense (DS-4196) digitizer which is currently unsupported by Touch-Base (VID: 1B96 PID: 0001). I did not get the chance to check the other drivers listed on the Touch-Base site, but I figure it will be a no go since the one in the Surface Pro 3 is listed as unsupported.
  • Bluetooth is the only thing I did not attempt to fix. I'm certain the fix on JahStories' tutorial will work... but I'm uncertain.

That is it for now. Hopefully we can figure this stuff out.

Can you try switching color profiles. On my laptop with an HD4600 this sort of resolves the graphic artifacts.

Right you are! I tried the built in "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and it eliminated nearly all of the graphical artifacts. The only ones I noticed on a reboot was on the desktop the two "hidden" files were garbled. I attribute this to the transparency they have. I'll test more shortly.

EDIT: Turns out it's not just the transparent files, I have two files and a folder on my desktop that become garbled when I reboot. I suspect it's just leftovers from the boot process before the device corrects the color profile. 

I've noticed with the type cover that the backlight turns off and then back on as if the device is trying to "initialize" it. I still don't know how to fix this, but it shouldn't be too hard. 

Right you are! I tried the built in "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and it eliminated nearly all of the graphical artifacts. The only ones I noticed on a reboot was on the desktop the two "hidden" files were garbled. I attribute this to the transparency they have. I'll test more shortly.

I've noticed with the type cover that the backlight turns off and then back on as if the device is trying to "initialize" it. I still don't know how to fix this, but it shouldn't be too hard. 

Great work you're doing on the Surface Pro 3. I'm looking forward to some awesome OSX support and you're one of the people putting in the work to make that happen. Why is wifi support impossible on these units? See I'm perfectly ok if we don't get touch support....OSX really doesn't have any support for it anyway.

Great work you're doing on the Surface Pro 3. I'm looking forward to some awesome OSX support and you're one of the people putting in the work to make that happen. Why is wifi support impossible on these units? See I'm perfectly ok if we don't get touch support....OSX really doesn't have any support for it anyway.

OS X does not have Kernel Extensions, KEXT, that support Marvell’s Avastar 88W8897 or really any Avastar at that. Until either Apple or someone else writes a KEXT that supports it we are out of luck. In most cases you would just swap out the WiFi module for something that is compatible, but seeing as this is a SoC that is soldered onto the board we will have to make use of external dongles for it to work. I'm currently using the Edimax EW-7811Un USB dongle. 

Any updates with the i7 model and the HD5000 graphics?

Unfortunately, I don't have an i7 Surface Pro 3 so I can't test it. If you have one you can follow the steps in the tutorial I've linked and use the config.plist I've attached to my first post to see if it works for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have an i7 Surface Pro 3 so I can't test it. If you have one you can follow the steps in the tutorial I've linked and use the config.plist I've attached to my first post to see if it works for you.

I don't have any Macs that I can use to create a bootable usb drive though. 

Hi guys!

New to non-Apple products, owning a Surface Pro 3. Always used Mac since 10.3 Panther.

From what i have red, OSX for SP3 still lacks features such as the touschscreen, wifi, etc. Do you guys think that it will be ever be compatible with OSX (I know wifi will be difficult)?

Thanks!

the surface pro 3 is already compatible with OS X, there are missing drivers yet, but the system boots...

its just a matter of time...

for ex. in Italy and in many other countries it's not out yet, just announced.

New to insanelymac, but are you guys able to boot OS X on the SP3 with OS X installed on the microSD slot/card? I also want to confirm that Bluetooth is working on the SP3 with OS X.

New to insanelymac, but are you guys able to boot OS X on the SP3 with OS X installed on the microSD slot/card? I also want to confirm that Bluetooth is working on the SP3 with OS X.

I haven't tried installing Os X on a MicroSD card so I can't say. I am able to boot it from the SSD. Bluetooth SHOULD work following the fix on JahStories' tutorial. I never had the chance to try it out though.

Hello guys

I got my Surface Pro 3 a couple of weeks ago and decided to have a go at installing OS X on my device. Having learned that the touchscreen is N-Trig based and that touch-base doesn't currently provide driver support, I decided to contact them to see if we can work out a solution to get driver support for the Pro 3.

After a few email exchanges we found out that Microsoft had switched from using an USB HID interface to an I2C HID interface for the Pro 3. Since this is the case, unfortunately, developing a proper driver for the Pro 3 will be a lot more involved.

Due to the more involved process, touch-base would need to be loaned a Pro 3 for a couple of months to develop a proper driver. With that said, is there anyone willing to take the plunge? :lol:  :)

I suppose it would ideally be someone from the UK lending their SP to avoid the overhead of shipping. I would consider it otherwise! It's too bad there is so much to be done to get up and running on SP3 compared to older versions. This was the first generation where i really liked the hardware. You actually get a 2nd USB port on the power adapter, not sure yet if it is for charging only though. 

I have modified my iPad to the point where it behaves a lot like a normal computer, with working BT trackpad and keyboard, mouse if needed, but otherwise trackpad buttons and slide area, universal display out to HDMI or VGA, USB to most devices via connection kit and USB hub, file system nav, upload/download anything, email attachments, torrents, basically anything you would expect to be able to do with a regular computer. But at the end of the day it's still iOS, it's no Mac OS, and the lack of Mac software is the biggest downside of all.

But with SP it's theoretically possible to get the ideal touchscreen Mac OS. I was already talking with touch-base about a driver for my HP All-in-One so maybe there's some value to them to have a device lent to them so they can develop a driver? I'm also looking at getting one of those really large touch screen displays and having a driver for Mac OS for that too would def. seal the deal. If I got three free drivers that would definitely be enough to consider lending an SP3 for a couple of months.

Hopefully touch-base is willing to make some kind of a deal so everyone wins, whether it was with me or someone living closer to them to avoid shipping issues.

About the usb port on the power brick, it was already there since the first gen. , but it's only for charging...

I personally like the surface pro 3 a lot, but i don't think it could really be an ideal OS X touchscreen device,

we will get such thing only when Apple decides to; The Finder, the on-screen keyboard and most things needs a be correctly modified and restyled.

I think that this Sp3 is really too big, the old form factor is still better for me not only for it's size but it's design too.

Since there are some rumors about a 12.9inch iPad, i hope that Apple is not doing something big like that, it would just be a bad idea...

And right now the prices of the first gen° of surface pros dropped crazily, so maybe today its time to get a first gen° instead of a "new" bigger and yet not "optimized" Sp3

But this is just my opinion. 

:)

can't answer for the SP3, but I am running OSX off the microSDXC on the SP2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ssking
      Hello...
      i am ssking....
      Now i am using
      Asus n43jf laptop
      1st generation core i 5 460m
      4gb ddr 3 ram
      500 gb harddisk
      Intel  graphics 1650 mb and Nvidia geforce gt 425m 1gb ddr3
      now i am using yosemite 10.10.5 nicely
      but how to disable intel gpu and use nvidia 425m 1gb gpu?
      Is there any way to use nvidia gpu from my dual graphics laptop?
    • By Soeren_DK
      Hi there.
      I'm new to this site but not totally new to hack. I've had a hack since 10.4 and the latest version I ran was 10.9, not totally fixed but it worked to what I needed. Now I want to make the machine run as good as it can. I can see there has been a lot of changes/upgrades/new solutions since I installed my hack and I have a hard time to catch up.  
      I've been able to boot and install macOSX and now I need the POST installation.
      I tried to install the clover EFI boot loader with these settings:

and found the DSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml from HERE
      found the apfs.efi
      and placed it in EFI -> EFI -> CLOVER -> driver64
      and these kext in here:

But when I boot it up this is the first bootscreen I have. No partions, no mouse control, no nothing.

if I exit clover this screen appear.

and now everything works. 

What is wrong?
      Cheers
      Soren
    • By gengik84
      Ciro82==>>Thanks
      Uno dei tre Requisiti:
      Hack funzionante Mac vero Macchina virtuale Impostazioni Bios per il boot:
      Cercate una voce  del tipo “Sata Mode”e settatela  in AHCI
      Secure Boot: disabilitare o altri sistemi operativi
      CSM: UEFI o LEGACY, oppure a secondo del tipo di installazione
      VT-x / VT-d disable
      *Nota: Secure boot e csm valido solo per bios UEFI
      Materiale Occorrente 
      "OS X (Versione App.Store)”
      USB 8GB  *nota: nel caso di usb superiori dovrà essere partizionata, in modo da avere una partizione su cui "lavoreremo,di questa dimensione
      ShowAllfiles 
      kext Wizard 
      Bootloader Clover_2.3k_r xxx:                   http: //sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/
      Clover Configurator:                                    http: //mackie100proj...a.org/download/
      FakeSmc.kext:                                            https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/releases
      In allegato,a fondo pagina troverete un "pacchetto" contenente : ShowAllfiles, Kext Wizard, FakeSmc.kext: 
      App alternative:
      ESP Mounter Pro: per montare la partizione EFI
      Vi illustrerò tre metodi per creare la usb, ma sono ben distinti… quindi usatene soltanto uno
      Metodo 1: “Install Mac_OS_X.command” Metodo 2: “Create Install Media di Apple” Metodo 3:  Metodo Manuale Alla fine delle preparazione dell’installer, tutti i metodi necessitano l’installazione del Bootloader Clover sulla a vostra USB.
      “CONDIZIONI OBBLIGATORIE”
      PUNTO 1: che la vostra usb sia stata preventivamente nominata USB (caratteri maiuscoli) Tabella di partizione GUID e la formattazione in  Mac esteso Journaled.
      PUNTO 2: che l’installer di OSX si trovi in Applicazioni
      Utility Disco 
      Selezionate la pendrive, andate su “partizione”, selezionate “1 partizione”, impostate Mac OS esteso journaled e date il nome USB, poi in basso cliccate su opzioni e scegliete Tabella partizione (GUID), poi “applica”.
      Immagine 
      Riporto nuovamente l’operazione sopra citata adoperando dal nuovo Utility Disco introdotto su El Capitan.
      Rimane ovviamente invariato nome della usb in ==>> USB (maiuscolo), la formattazione in Mac esteso Journaled e sia la mappa partizione in GUID
      Da utility disco selezionate la usb, cliccate su inizializza.
      dal menù a tendina scegliete la relative impostazioni
      Immagine  
      Procedura effettua da High Sierra è la stessa della precedente, l'unica attenzione e operazione da aggiungere in primis  è cliccare nel menù a tendina in alto sulla sinistra di utility disco e selezionare "mostra tutti i dispositivi"
      Immagine 

=====================
        METODO 1: "Install_Mac_OS_X.Command" Lo script che trovate allegato in fondo alla guida permette la creazione dell’installer in maniera automatica
      Include la possibilità di scelta di tre versioni di osx
      Yosemite El Capitan Sierra Il risultato finale è come quello del metodo "manuale" descritto nella guida, per cui l'installazione avverrà in un solo passaggio, non in due come con il metodo createinstallmedia. 
      Offre inoltre la possibilità di inserire un kernel patchato, utile, per esempio, per chi usa AMD.
      Rimane invariato il nome dato alla usb in USB, mappa partizione e tipo di formattazione
      Se la vostra usb non sarà rinominata nel modo corretto, verrete avvisati dal terminale, quindi non dovrete far altro che apportare la relativa modifica e rilanciare nuovamente lo script
      Esempio
      ===========================
      Metodo 2 
      L'intento è quello di usare la procedura fornitaci direttamente da Apple, "createinstallmedia", introdotta  con Mavericks. 
      Tale metodo prevede l’uso del terminale che via via se ne sta perdendo il “valore e l’uso”
      Inizialmente per i neofiti potrà sembrare problematico ma alla fine non è così.
      Durante il post installazione alcune operazioni ne richiedono l’ uso.
      Perciò mi sono chiesto perchè, qualora uno volesse, non far conoscere da subito un po’ questo “strumento”???
      Per favorirvi vi ho allegato i comandi già  “pronti”, i quali li potrete copiare ed incollare sul terminale.
      A questo punto aprite il terminale, copiate ed incollate il comando sottostante e premete invio, digitate la vostra password e premete nuovamente invio.
      Comando per creare USB con Yosemite:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction  
      Comando per creare USB con El Capitan
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction Comando per creare USB con Sierra 
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/ --nointeraction Per creare USB con Hight Sierra usate --> C_I_M
      Alternativa: potete usare anche lo script che ho fatto --> C_I_M.zip
      Funziona con il drag & drop sul terminale, in questo caso non vi è necessità che la usb sia nominata in un determinato modo ed essendo basato su create install media ovviamente funziona da 10.9 a 10.13.... 
      BENE…IL PROCESSO DI CREAZIONE E’ INIZIATO…
      AVREMO CIRCA 20/30 MINUTI DI TEMPO LIBERO A CUI DEDICARSI A CIO’ CHE VOGLIAMO………………………………………..  
      COLGO L’OCCASIONE PER FARVI NOTARE LA VELOCITA’ E LA SICUREZZA DI QUESTO METODO
      CONFRONTATE QUESTO CON IL TERZO METODO E NOTERETE CHE CON UN SOLO PASSAGGIO, OSSIA IL COMANDO DATO AL TERMINALE, FACCIAMO IN UNA SINGOLA OPERAZIONE TUTTI I VARI STEP DESCRITTI SULL’ ALTRO METODO.
      DETTO QUESTO, MOLTO IMPORTANTE E’ SOTTOLINEARE CHE COSI’ FACENDO EVITEREMO ERRORI  DI DISTRAZIONE RIGUARDO AI PASSAGGI O FRAINTENDIMENTI.
      Immagine 
      Potete adesso passare ad installare il bootloader Clover sulla vostra usb.
      *NOTA*:
      Avendo usato questo metodo l'installazione si dividerà in due fasi, perciò dopo il primo riavvio e necessario far partire nuovamente l'installer, selezionare lo stesso disco senza formattarlo.
      Finita questa ulteriore fase , l'installazione sarà terminata
      =========================
      METODO "MANUALE"....  (lascio per futura memoria-Compatibile fino a 10.12)
      ==========================
      Bootloader
      **Nota:** Installazione in UEFI  dipenderà dalla scheda madre in vostro possesso, quindi se non supporta tale opzione , il bootloader dovrà essere installato in  modalità Legacy.
       Vi invito, qualora non sapeste questa informazione, a recarvi nel sito ufficiale del produttore e controllare le informazioni a riguardo
      Fatto questo dobbiamo installare  Clover sulla usb.
      A seconda del tipo di Bios o al tipo di installazione che vogliamo fare UEFI o Legacy avremo ovviamente configurazioni diverse in questa fase.
      Lanciate il pkg.
      Immagine 

Cambiate la destinazione di installazione ad USB oppure Install Mac_OS_X (a secondo del tipo di creazione eseguita)
      Successivamente clicchiamo su "Ad Hoc"
      Per Installazione UEFI
      Mettete i flag   : Installazione solo per avvio UEFI
                               : installare Clover nella ESP
                               : Driver64UEFI  selezionate OsxAptioFixDrv-64
                             *  :Se nel vostro sistema è presente una scheda grafica (discreta) della serie 9xx nVidia selezionate OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 al posto di  OsxAptioFixDrv-64 *
      ** OsxAptioFix2Drv :E' necessario per poter impostare CsrActiveConfig= 0x3 **
      ***OsxAptioFix3Drv oppure AptioMemory devono essere usati su hardware Skylake o successivi perché permettono alla nvram di lavorare correttamente
           (mi raccomando o uno o l'altro)
      Proseguite con l’installazione.
      Immagine 
      ** Ricordate che avrete accesso a questa cartella dopo aver montato la partizione EFI**
      Per installazione Legacy
      Immagine 
      Impostazione per config.plist:
      Con clover configurator “montate” la partizione EFI della usb.
      1) Per fare questo nel menù di sinistra, cliccate su “Mount EFI”
      2) individuate la partizione relativa alla vostra usb, a questo punto montiamo la relativa partizione EFI  selezionando l’apposito pulsante “Mount Partition”
      Immagine 
      3) Successivamente cliccate su “Open Partition”.. recatevi in EFI/Clover ed aprite il config.plist
      4) Sezione ACPI: Disabilitate tutti i fix sia del menù 1 che del menù 2
      Immagine 
      5) Sezione BOOT: Sole se si sta installando Yosemite mettete il flag su kext-dev-mode=1
      Immagine 
      6) Sezione RT Variables: Se si sta installando El Capitan oppure Sierra, aggiungere i valori: BooterConfig= 0x28, CsrActiveConfig= 0x67
      Immagine 
      7) Sezione System Parameters: Su inject kext mettete YES
      Immagine 
      Nota: Su El Capitan, è stato introdotto SIP (System Integrity Protection)
      Info:
      Recatevi in EFI/Clover/kext/10.x 
      X= alla versione di osx che state installando. Per esempio se installerete Yosemite dovrete recarvi nella cartella 10.10, con El Capitan in 10.11….ecc
      Se non ci fosse tale cartella, createla e nominatela voi a “modo”.
      Copiatevi all’interno FakeSmc.kext
      *Nota se venite già da altre vostre configurazioni, oltre kext sopra citato ,potete mettere gli altri necessari per il vostro hardware
      Stessa cosa se avete DSDT e/o SSDT potete copiarli in EFI/Clover/Acpi/Patched
      Immagine 

Per High Sierra:
      Scaricare il driver apfs.efi a fine guida, collocarlo:
          --> EFI/clover/Driver64UEFI se stiamo usando UEFI
      --> EFI/Clover/Driver64 se stiamo usando Legacy

Per chi volesse continuare ad usare HFS vi rimando a questo post:
        Come installare High Sierra in HFS direttamente dalla usb  
      Utenti Laptop:  Nel 99% è obbligatorio disattivare la grafica discreta Nvidia/Amd per installare questo nuovo osx
                                     Quindi aggiungete --> SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml.zip
                                     in EFI/Clover/acpi/Patched della usb
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Fatto questo avrete la vostra USB bootable per installare OSX.
      ………Non scordatevi Fakesmc.kext da mettere nella relativa cartella…. senza il quale non farete mai il Boot......
      *NOTA: se usato il terminale per la creazione della usb, l'installazione si dividerà in due fasi, perciò dopo il primo riavvio e necessario far partire nuovamente l'installer, selezionare lo stesso disco senza formattarlo.
      Finita questa ulteriore fase , l'installazione sarà terminata
      **NOTA** Se avete processori Broadwell,Skylake o Kabylake...usate FakeSmc.kext e relativi sensors che trovate all'interno del secondo pacchetto.. (potete usarlo anche sui precedenti senza problemi, essendo una versione più aggiornata ha ulteriore supporto per le cpu più recenti)
      Update: Fakesmc e sensors versione 6.26
      Post installazione... post #2           
       Buon Hack….. 
      Aggiornamento:Install_Mac_OS_X.command.zip (compatibile da 10.10 a 10.12)
      le info le trovate a questo post
      Ringrazio @Ciro82 che mi ha aiutato nel preparare questa guida.
      Pacchetto.zip
      Pacchetto-2.zip
      apfs.efi-10.13-NoLog.zip
      Pacchetto-Fake+Sensors 6.26.1440.zip
      apfs.efi-10.13.1-No_LOG.zip
      apfs.efi-10.13.2_No_Log.zip
      apfs.efi-10.13.3-No_Log.zip
      apfs.efi-10.13.4-No_Log.zip
    • By jojo2203
      Hallo,
      habe versucht nach der Anleitung von http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/  auf einen X220 i7 zu installieren, bisher leider erfolglos. kann mir jemand die angehangenen Log Meldungen interpretieren und einen Tip geben an welcher Stelle ich weiter probieren muss. Habe es schon mit den folgenden Bootparametern probiert
      -v -x -s -f cpus=1 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=No -no-zp
      Es war ein 8 GB Speicherriegel gesteckt und die "neue" WLAN Karte, außerdem ist zusätzlich zur MSATA eine weitere HDD installiert.

• By JoshuaBedford
      Howdy!

My name is Joshua Bedford, and I'm brand new to this community. It appears as though I have been missing out! I started over at hewhoshallnotbenamed's (from what I understand) website. I need some help!

I built my first (and only so far) hackintosh a little over 2 years ago (I think. haven't looked at exact dates). It has worked phenomenally, and was running my dual 27" displays perfectly for web development and video editing. The problem now is USB3.0, audio, and iMessage no longer work. iMessage was always spotty, but I need audio and USB3.0! It recognizes USB2.0 devices plugged into 3.0 ports, but not 3.0 devices (such as my 3TB external drive and usb hub).

My question is this: Based on the hardware below, would it be a good idea / compatible to wipe it and start over with high sierra and the newest bootloader powering it? The only data on the drive is the OS and a few programs. Nothing irreplaceable or difficult to replace. My main question is one of compatibility (I'm not very knowledgeable about this process).

Build:

GPU: GTX960
      CPU: i7-4790k
      MB: UD5H-Bk
      RAM: Gigabyte 16GB
      WNA: TP-Link WDN4800

PCPARTPICKER link: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JrBedford/saved/#view=vpMLrH

Everything except the monitor (I moved to 2 curved 27") is still true. Please view that for any specific part numbers!

Let me know if more information is needed. I am willing to be helped in debugging the current system, but i wonder if installing high sierra would be easier.

P.S. I bent a few of the pins in the USB3.0 header that connects the front panel of my case. That wouldn't cause the entire system to reject USB3.0 right? I'm plugging directly into the motherboard not through that plug.