can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

I think he didn't do anything. That's the default boot logos (on hackintoshes at least).

No login sound, just iMessages' login sound :).

Oh. Haha. I thought those are some Yosemite login sounds. :)) My iMessage doesn't make any sound when logging in. But it's not set to start at computer startup...so maybe that's why. As for the logoS, strangely enough, they don't seem to be default for everyone...

Oh. Haha. I thought those are some Yosemite login sounds. :)) My iMessage doesn't make any sound when logging in. But it's not set to start at computer startup...so maybe that's why. As for the logoS, strangely enough, they don't seem to be default for everyone...

Ok after my work I post my files.And follow files.

does the Asus logo appear after choosing your drive in Clover? If so you need to drop bgrt. Otherwise the boot logo is pretty easy to change, there's a few different utilities out there. I replaced mine on my Z68 board with a blank black screen.

No, Asus logo boot first, after start PC, then Clover.

Ehm. How many times do I need to say this? You don't see the Apple logo simply because the first stage (boot.efi) and second stage (kernel) failed to display it. For whatever reason. All you can do now is patch the IOGraphicsFamily binary to make the third stage show it, but you got to wonder why boot.efi and the kernel didn't do it already. Not having a AAPL,boot-display property is just one of the signals that something is wrong. Fix that with this and you will see that Apple logo ;)

that's already patched for me, and that helped on getting the second phase bootlogo, but with screen flashing and only when automatic login is enabled, if disabled, shows only the final animation as showed in the picture and video...

Ehm. How many times do I need to say this? You don't see the Apple logo simply because the first stage (boot.efi) and second stage (kernel) failed to display it. For whatever reason. All you can do now is patch the IOGraphicsFamily binary to make the third stage show it, but you got to wonder why boot.efi and the kernel didn't do it already. Not having a AAPL,boot-display property is just one of the signals that something is wrong. Fix that with this and you will see that Apple logo ;)

This work on Intel Graphics or Inel,ATI and NVidia?

that's already patched for me, and that helped on getting the second phase bootlogo, but with screen flashing and only when automatic login is enabled, if disabled, shows only the final animation as showed in the picture and video...

Where in Clover config you need to add that (0,AAPL,boot-display) property? And how? Set it to "true"? That's all? The second boot logo is all I'm missing. And I'm pretty sure I missed adding that property. And I don't even know where exactly to add it. A screenshot from Clover Configurator (if that's what you're using) might be perfect.

This work on Intel Graphics or Inel,ATI and NVidia?

It's patching the IOGraphicsFamily binary so what do you think?

Just add @0 AAPL,boot-display is not enough

You are right, but if that property is set then the Apple logo may actually be there, but it might be in the wrong colour and then it is (almost) impossible to see (think grey on a black background).

You are right, but if that property is set then the Apple logo may actually be there, but it might be in the wrong colour and then it is (almost) impossible to see (think grey on a black background).

Cool. So let's take this issue one step at a time. Where do I (or anyone else) need to add that property in order to have a chance on a second-boot-stage Apple logo? If it's gonna be gray on black, or any other color (preferably not black on black, which would make it pretty much impossible to see), it's still gonna be a step forward and we can move on from there.

Cool. So let's take this issue one step at a time. Where do I (or anyone else) need to add that property in order to have a chance on a second-boot-stage Apple logo? If it's gonna be gray on black, or any other color (preferably not black on black, which would make it pretty much impossible to see), it's still gonna be a step forward and we can move on from there.

The first thing you should do is to check whether the Apple logo is there – but hidden – or not. The problem is that I don't use Clover and don't know the internals, but the board-id is most likely one to change. Try some invalid value to see what that gives.

The first thing you should do is to check whether the Apple logo is there – but hidden – or not. The problem is that I don't use Clover and don't know the internals, but the board-id is most likely one to change. Try some invalid value to see what that gives.

If it's not black on black, I wouldn't say it isn't there.

Changed the board-ids and I got the following results (unfortunately none of which can be actually considered a success):

1. changing the board-id to another valid board-id (but not the correct one to match the rest of the details),  leads to the computer being stuck at boot-up (when it's about to load the second stage boot).

post-1303722-0-79342900-1409347433_thumb.jpg

2. changing the board-id to something bogus, makes the computer display a "forbidden" symbol and no loading bar, after which the system shuts down completely (which doesn't sound very good to me).

post-1303722-0-45537200-1409347442_thumb.jpg

If it's not black on black, I wouldn't say it isn't there.

Changed the board-ids and I got the following results (unfortunately none of which can be actually considered a success):

1. changing the board-id to another valid board-id (but not the correct one to match the rest of the details),  leads to the computer being stuck at boot-up (when it's about to load the second stage boot).

attachicon.gifstuck at boot-up.jpg

2. changing the board-id to something bogus, makes the computer display a "forbidden" symbol and no loading bar, after which the system shuts down completely (which doesn't sound very good to me).

attachicon.gifforbidden symbol.jpg

What I meant to say is that you should use a board-id that doesn't cause it to display a black background with a white Apple logo on it, but like I said I don't know the internals of Clover so I have no idea which one to use.

What I meant to say is that you should use a board-id that doesn't cause it to display a black background with a white Apple logo on it, but like I said I don't know the internals of Clover so I have no idea which one to use.

Which boot loader you use?