Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

maybe in DP2 there will be still no support for this card. This is just a guessing based on the fact that this happened in the same way with Mavericks

HD4600 will still be supported. They've changed few things like in 10.9.3. In first dev release the driver was messed up, no signal through DVI and fuzzy screen via HDMI, the same is in 10.10. What's more ati kexts are also badly injured :) 

how???? i installed dp2 and no qe/ci after adding id to appleintelframebufferazul

Are you using clover's "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID" options? I'd imagine that would be necessary, at least for me on mavericks that is what I need, and I assume it won't be too different in Yosemite.

I still have around 40 mins to go on my download, so I haven't been able to test DP2 yet. But I'm guessing whatever you do for QE/CI In mavericks may still apply in Yosemite.

I added nothing except "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID" as in 10.9. No ID added. I'm using clover latest version. I'm using 2 monitors via HDMI and DVI without issues except some HDCP sync issues after monitor sleep. Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H with an I7-4770k. I've upgraded from DP1 using 10.10 update 1 in AppStore.

• Like 1

Are you using clover's "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID" options? I'd imagine that would be necessary, at least for me on mavericks that is what I need, and I assume it won't be too different in Yosemite. I still have around 40 mins to go on my download, so I haven't been able to test DP2 yet. But I'm guessing whatever you do for QE/CI In mavericks may still apply in Yosemite.

Yes i use clover for boot mavericks And yosemite in maverick work great but in yosemite not work qe/ci

I added nothing except "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID" as in 10.9. No ID added. I'm using clover latest version. I'm using 2 monitors via HDMI and DVI without issues except some HDCP sync issues after monitor sleep. Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H with an I7-4770k.

I have a laptop a probook 450 g1 with i5 4200m (Intel HD 4600) if i not add id to appleintelframebufferazul the resolution is too low after adding id resolution its fine but no qe/ci

Is the latest clover still 2696? I haven't seen any further test posts from slice since, though to be honest, I haven't been looking as hard within the last week.

i use clover 2713 and inject edid so i dont understand why not working

Okay, thanks for letting me know there is a newer clover than what I've got. I'll have to do something about that ASAP.

Inject EDID sounds right, but also make sure to check "Inject Intel" also, that's what works on my Envy 17 anyhow. Again, I have not tested this with dp2 yet, I'm only speaking from my experience with mavericks and Yosemite dp1 (dp1 I didn't have any QE/CI on but my resolution was right just with those two settings) try that?

how???? i installed dp2 and no qe/ci after adding id to appleintelframebufferazul

this HD 4600 graphics card has 2 device id's. 0x04128086 for desktop PC and 0x04168086 for laptops, based on processors inside. 

the first device id is present inside both azul framebuffer and appleintelhd5000graphics kext. I also installed DP2 but no QE/CI yet. To enable QE i have to inject a fake device id 0x04128086 using clover to get my card detected. This is because I have a mobile processor with 0x04168086 intel graphics chipset.

So far, I have a black bar at the top now, and my HD 4600 is being detected with 7mb of ram/no kext loaded...

Wouldn't just be a matter of adding our device IDs to the info.plist files of the hd5000 kext and possible AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul?

Assuming that it's working on the desktop version of the HD4600 and the only reason it isn't for laptops is a difference of device IDs, I would think a quick little info.plist patch would be enough to get it working.

• Like 1

Isn't the 0x0A26006 for the intel HD5000 not the HD4600? If I'm right, I wouldn't expect that id to work, but it was worth a shot. Keep at it, and I'll see what I can come up with too. I think adding our device IDs to the info plist is the only way to go at this point though.

Tried with ig-platform-id=0x0A260006 and Inject 0x04168086 (Clover) but still not works. Glitches.

@warlikewings, have you got your hd 4600 mobile works OOB in 10.10 ?

No, my HD4600 is still not working correctly. Hence the black distorted menu bar at the top and 7mb ram, along with the tell tale "no kext loaded" soon hopefully, I'm working on it.

If anything OOB (vanilla) support for the mobile HD4600 won't come for another cycle or two (fingers crossed) so we have to try for a work around at this point.

Injecting the 0x0412 as a fake ID with clover did nothing but create a not viewable mess. But, I'm sure you already know that! Ugh. I want this working.